DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So was his console banned, I'd imagine he could just sign up using a different credit card, and email right?  

It doesn't work that way unfortunately. Microsoft goes by the physical MAC address of the console. He'll have to get a new 360 and he may be able to access his old account. If not, he'll have to set up a new account.

So, I haven't played a Grand Theft Auto game since the one for the PlayStation or PlayStation II (I forget) where you had to shuffle 15 prostitutes around town in 10 seconds, and I could never get even remotely close to doing that, so I gave up on the game. I've always found the cars impossible to drive in a decent manner.

I nearly bought Saints Row 4 last night (have played it before due to a Redbox rental) but didn't. Something now tells me if I'm gonna be spending $60 on a game, it should probably be Grand Theft Auto V because this looks huge and badass. Still worried I'm too much of a "THIS IS TOO HARD!" weenie.

I don't think there's a mission in IV that was anything close to "too hard" even with free aim on. The final mission (on the story strand I chose) was the hardest by far but that was because I kept holding forward on the left stick while driving the boat and that meant I didn't get to the marker on time to get picked up by the chopper, over and over again.

So after getting the

snow

spoiled for me, which was totally my own fault. I ended up looking at the a video of the tennis mini-game, and it looks phenomenal.  Nothing too in-depth, obviously, but it looks like it could be fun to kill a few hours.

So, I haven't played a Grand Theft Auto game since the one for the PlayStation or PlayStation II (I forget) where you had to shuffle 15 prostitutes around town in 10 seconds, and I could never get even remotely close to doing that, so I gave up on the game. I've always found the cars impossible to drive in a decent manner.

I nearly bought Saints Row 4 last night (have played it before due to a Redbox rental) but didn't. Something now tells me if I'm gonna be spending $60 on a game, it should probably be Grand Theft Auto V because this looks huge and badass. Still worried I'm too much of a "THIS IS TOO HARD!" weenie.

The mission you describe was in Grand Theft Auto III.

I'd prefer all games to have the choice of difficulty settings. Out of Rockstar's open world games, I'd say Red Dead Redemption judged the difficulty level the best.

Grand Theft Auto V is out next Tuesday, but you’ll be able to read (and watch!) our thoughts even sooner. On Monday, September 16 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific (10:00 a.m. Eastern), IGN will publish its review of Grand Theft Auto V, including everything we think about its massive open world and nearly limitless possibilities.

When's that UK time please? I said if people want to avoid spoilers, they should avoid Wikpedia. I'd also avoid user comments after articles as well.

What's weird is I gave up on Red Dead Redemption very early because I kept getting killed at the same place in a mission, the second part, but instead of returning me back to that part to try again, it made me completely restart the mission by having to go to the sheriff's office, going through the dialogue, riding up to wherever the mission would start and getting through the first part of the mission only to get killed in the second part of the mission and have to go through all the crap of riding up to the sheriff's office, etc., all over again. It wasn't worth it. 

I loved "Bioshock: Infinite," but if I put it on Medium, I could not survive a single fight. So I put it on Easy, and finished the game in two days. There was no "sweet spot" in between. 

My Lord, going through the GTA forums isn't worth it just to read posts from brainless potheads. 

Typical post at GTA Forums... 

Poster 1: the driving looks gay. i'm cancelling my  Pre-order. 

Poster 2: STFU faggot. 

Poster 1: no way your a fag. 

I took the initiative and used a personal day on Tuesday. Shame that the next 2-3 weeks will be bonkers at work. Won't get nearly the play time I'm likely to want.

Last time a game release led me to take a day off? San Andreas, I think.

I was at school when San Andreas came out. It was a military school and we were in all in boarding houses. Anyway the week it came out there was the usual Daily Mail idiot speak, so the housemaster said if he found anyone with GTA he'd confiscate their ps2.

I'd already ordered it, of course, and when it came in I reluctantly turned in GTA. Except it was Vice City Austin, it was Vice City all along!

It might still be there actually.

Just saw some gameplay streams from people who already have the game. Nothing really spoiler worthy happened in the streams, just guys fucking around in the city, but the animations look amazing. Saw Franklin running around and punching and stomping random people and it looked fantastic. It had the same vibe when I first played GTA IV, it looks like you are on holiday in a different city. Also, not story related, but will spoiler it anyway:

Cars actually explode on impact if you take a long fall with it. It's not like in GTA IV or San Andreas where you walk out unscathed.

I'm going to warn the people who haven't seen the spoilers yet.  

DON'T... 

Go looking for GTA 5 info on the web anymore. Not even if it's a reputable video game website. I've already read a major spoiler online, and I wasn't even looking for story spoilers. Don't make the mistake I did. Just wait till tuesday.