DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I've got my kid this weekend and my girlfriend is coming down for the weekend because she has to get an MRI done tomorrow.  Evaluated to see if she needs knee surgery again.  She's already had her right knee doctored to repair a meniscus tear and now it looks like her left one is bothering her.

You won't see much of me until Sunday night.

I've got my kid this weekend and my girlfriend is coming down for the weekend because she has to get an MRI done tomorrow.  Evaluated to see if she needs knee surgery again.  She's already had her right knee doctored to repair a meniscus tear and now it looks like her left one is bothering her.

Just put your youngin on.....we'll take care of em

Just put your youngin on.....we'll take care of em

You damn fruitcake. Kid'll grow up wanting to be the black sheep of the family.

J.T., I've exaggerated your attempts at chivalry into an underage Juggalette fetish because the whole idea is just damn funny to me. Sneaking in the RF quote was like the cherry on top of the sundae. I had such a bad streak of playing the game with teen (and younger) boys at one point that a buddy of mine was calling me Herbert - "hey, there, muscly arm, you wanna go down in the cellar and play some GTA? I've got some popsicles..."

So you gotta hang around the ignition bomb? Boooooo. Doesn't even being in passive mode semi-near players worry them bad enough to not want to hop in any vehicle?

By the way, in case you're not in on the scam, if one of you can halfway fly a cargobob, the mission "Coveted" is the biggest money scam in the game. $15,000, at least, for sniping a few guys and picking up a huge crate with a cargobob. I had trouble with it solo last night while Herby was detained because I nearly blew up the cargobob while trying to pick up the crate, but if you're not totally uncoordinated, it's easy, quick money. Herby said he played it four times by himself yesterday after I went to bed so he could get his Coquette.

Those Coquettes aren't bad cars. Maybe if you soup 'em up too much they're hard to control, but they're pretty steerable unmodded and not that slow.

Standard invite to anyone in the Xbox crew - wish I could help you with this one AxB - if anyone wants to drive a fully modded Roosevelt to see if they're worth the cash, lemme know. Short answer: probably not. But hey, spending all my money on an overexpensive car gave me a kick in the pants to start making more. i went from about a million to $42,000, and now I'm back up to about a half-million again.

J.T., I've exaggerated your attempts at chivalry into an underage Juggalette fetish because the whole idea is just damn funny to me. Sneaking in the RF quote was like the cherry on top of the sundae.

So you gotta hang around the ignition bomb? Boooooo. Doesn't even being in passive mode semi-near players worry them bad enough to not want to hop in any vehicle? 

Oh, I know you are just messing around, you lug!

And yeah, it looks like you can't wander too far away from your bomb.

Even when I am in passive mode, most players don't really give me a second thought, probably because I can't threaten anyone nor be threatened.   They also don't seem to check their map as often as I do.

They are more likely to pay attention to me rather than the bomb if I am in active mode.  If I am waiting on the rooftop of the mall and am in active mode, someone always comes to a stop and tries to find me even though I have the advantage of cover and the high ground with clear sniper shots at the access points to the roof.

Dan is an awful person.

If you ever redo that mission, fly to the higher skyscraper first, have one person snipe over while you spot from the chopper. Pick him up, fly over, get out and clear the rest.

This is the best way if you use a Frogger or a Maverick.  We lucked out once and started the mission at Higgins Helitours right next to a Buzzard attack chopper.   The smart rockets being able to target people as well as vehicles took all of the worry out of the missions.

Ah shit j.t. your youngin would probably beat all our asses. That's right stout im thinkin bout goin and hangin myself cause imma fuckin fruitcake. Just as info to those who don't know I was whippin the shit outta somebody the other day and they sent me a message "go hang yourself you fuckin fruitcake"

• Like 1

Ah shit j.t. your youngin would probably beat all our asses. That's right stout im thinkin bout goin and hangin myself cause imma fuckin fruitcake. Just as info to those who don't know I was whippin the shit outta somebody the other day and they sent me a message "go hang yourself you fuckin fruitcake"

I know you're new to dvdvr but did you know jt stands for Just Trippin'?

Yeah - we bailed out at 10 EST.

Oh Dan, Dolfan and I also did the Lodge Deathmatch again with just the three of us and it was just as much fun.

Part of that was we discovered that you can easily get up on to the roofs of the buildings.

I think it our 7 player version none of us had a change to even think about climbing up there.

So you are telling me never to play in the Lodge Battle deathmatch with any of you guys ever again.

I'll add this, when I played the Lodge battle with you guys, I managed to get up on the roof and got some kills to come close to breaking even.  I wasn't about to give away my position though, just saying.

Jumped online for the first time in a while and wound up in a game with at least 8 other people.

Was on my way to an ATM inside of a market to deposit $6000 when I noticed a white dot closing in on my location.

I stepped it up to get to the doorway when I heard tires squealing and saw the car parked in the middle of the road.

Deposited my cash, looked out window for a couple of seconds, went to counter and bought some snacks, prepared myself for war, AND the PS3 disconnected from server.

What could have been.

Later got back online but couldn't get in a game with anyone.

Oh, he wasn't an arsehead.  He was leveling the playing field.  

The playing field is level already. High level players (except RP Glitchers, who should be banned for being stupid) earned the right to have superior weaponry and armour by playing the game more and better. But if you insist on everyone having the same gun, Locked Only levels the playing field. Locked + Pickups steals Bullets and Rockets we paid for, and favours whoever memorised the map. Which, on user created Deathmatches, means the creator and his friends. 

Has anyone noticed that you can be shot through cover now? I was hiding behind the edge of a construction barrier, killed someone but took some hits and had low health, so I ran along behind it to recover my green bar, was covered up from head to toe behind it... and was shot and killed by bullets coming through it.

Oh, he wasn't an arsehead.  He was leveling the playing field.  

The playing field is level already. High level players (except RP Glitchers, who should be banned for being stupid) earned the right to have superior weaponry and armour by playing the game more and better. But if you insist on everyone having the same gun, Locked Only levels the playing field. Locked + Pickups steals Bullets and Rockets we paid for, and favours whoever memorised the map. Which, on user created Deathmatches, means the creator and his friends. 

Has anyone noticed that you can be shot through cover now? I was hiding behind the edge of a construction barrier, killed someone but took some hits and had low health, so I ran along behind it to recover my green bar, was covered up from head to toe behind it... and was shot and killed by bullets coming through it.

It's been that way for a while, at least in some cases - corners of some buildings for example.  I've been hit by bullets that had to pass thru several feet of concrete multiple times.

I am the world's most inconsistent deathmatch player.  Played 2 team matches back to back.  The first was 2 kills and 6 deaths.  The second was 11 kills, 1 death.  I guess it mostly comes down to whether I'm familiar with the map. 

Has anyone ever green screened while playing GTA Online on the 360?  Or any other game for that matter.  Happened to me last night, I just shut off the box and went to bed.  Didn't mean to bail on you Stout, but I've had a migraine for 3 days now, I was hoping to sleep it off to no avail. 

I had an awesome idea after Stout made the comment of Coveted being a money printing machine.  Basically switching back and forth between Coveted and the Diamonds are for Trevor (both on Hard difficulty) missions to make money (Coveted $18k) and gain RP (Diamonds pays out like 4600 rp), for our lower level brethren (myself included) to rank up quickly.

Not that I can tell. Coveted pays the same in RP and money for everyone playing regardless of rank. 

Are you playing a mission with someone who hasn't done it before and you have? They may make $15,000 for their first time doing the mission and you'll make $7,000 for repeating it.

Robert, you'd know this if anyone would: Don't some of the deathmatches pay $15,000 to the winning team if set up correctly? You could just know everybody on both teams and trade wins.

Oh, and no sweat, Mis. I figured you got thrown off and didn't wanna fool with rebooting the game. I wound up playing with these friends of a friend who always manage to piss me off every time I'm on. They're one of those types who constantly carp about being poor - I think one of them had $500 - and I'm like "dude, there's this mission called Coveted, it's super easy and it pays well, about as well as a survival, come on, let's do it, it'll be easy."

"Nah, I think I'd rather hang out in here." They were just aimlessly driving cars around, doing nothing. That's fine sometimes, but quit carping about being poor if you won't try to earn some money.

See, my boy Herby wanted a Coquette. So after I went to bed the other night, he kept soloing Coveted over and over again until he had enough money to buy his Coquette. Problem solved.

Basically, this book tells you all you need to know:

41R97Gc7rSL._SS130_.jpg

Not that I can tell. Coveted pays the same in RP and money for everyone playing regardless of rank. 

Are you playing a mission with someone who hasn't done it before and you have? They may make $15,000 for their first time doing the mission and you'll make $7,000 for repeating it.

Robert, you'd know this if anyone would: Don't some of the deathmatches pay $15,000 to the winning team if set up correctly? You could just know everybody on both teams and trade wins.

Oh, and no sweat, Mis. I figured you got thrown off and didn't wanna fool with rebooting the game. I wound up playing with these friends of a friend who always manage to piss me off every time I'm on. They're one of those types who constantly carp about being poor - I think one of them had $500 - and I'm like "dude, there's this mission called Coveted, it's super easy and it pays well, about as well as a survival, come on, let's do it, it'll be easy."

"Nah, I think I'd rather hang out in here." They were just aimlessly driving cars around, doing nothing. That's fine sometimes, but quit carping about being poor if you won't try to earn some money.

See, my boy Herby wanted a Coquette. So after I went to bed the other night, he kept soloing Coveted over and over again until he had enough money to buy his Coquette. Problem solved.

Basically, this book tells you all you need to know:

41R97Gc7rSL._SS130_.jpg

I don't really know how the deathmatch pay is determined.  I think it's mainly based on how long the match takes.  I've seen some 15k+ payouts, but only for ones that took 15-20 minutes to complete.

After you showed me how to pick missions from the list, I went through the full list to see which ones I hadn't done yet.  There were a couple of low ranked ones that I went ahead and did solo, and a couple that require 2 or more players that I still haven't done.  The funny thing is that it still shows that I haven't completed Coveted, the mission that I'd done more than any other even before we started intentionally spamming it.  Looks like we're taking advantage of a bug or two here.

Yeah, I think that's it - set a deathmatch on 15 minutes and either no kill number (if it'll let you) or set it so impossibly high that you can't possibly reach it, then play the whole 15 minutes. Not worth the money.

Yeah, there's missions on that list I know I've done that it shows me as having not done. There's also Gang Wars that have done the same thing - ones I'm certain I've completed and used to have the check mark are now unchecked. The game should give you some kind of bonus (RP, money or both) for soloing missions.

I need to make time to screw around with that deathmatch/race creator.

• Like 1