DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I have only beaten Moonglrl in one motorcycle race out of about ten.  I am five and five in sports car races, though, and only because I do not think she has a custom sports car and I always race my modded Elegy.

I got dumped into a public session when my internet blipped and I got kicked out of SEAL TEAM 6.  Two assholes tried to cap me in front of my apartment as soon as I spawned in the room, but they forgot that Rank 70+ guys have access to grenade launchers.

I collected a $2K bounty with that blast! Nineteen more bounties to collect before I unlock a new tattoo!

So, borrowing a cue from Misanthrope, I put four sticky bombs on his garage door, step back and wait.

Yep.  I am ashamed to say I also use this tactic on dudes that shoot at me first and then bitch out and run to Los Santos Customs thinking that I don't have the Sticky Bombs or the patience to wait them out.

A couple of nights ago, some asshole named Gorilla316 sniped me when I was coming out of a clothing store so I haunted him to LSC and blew him and the premium car he repoed for Simeon skyhigh.  The Negative Rep (Unsporting is now up to 43%) and the vulgar voice PM I got over Live Messenger were both worth it.

Is it just me or is it like Armored Car Festival day?  

I've attacked 5 so far and have picked up about $40,000

That and absoltutely zero crate drops after nearly two hours of play.  Game is so fucking bugged.

I went into a room last night and it was me and two other people. As soon as I get in my garage, the game says "special crate dropped." I proclaimed "Oh, jackpot!" in my Herbert from "Family Guy" voice and scarfed that sucker up. $5,000, some RP, a minigun and some other crap, I dunno.

Do you guys wear the tattoos, or just like unlocking them? A friend of mine needed 3 more kills in GTA races so he could unlock a tattoo, so we set up a two-person GTA race and I let him blow me up three times. I don't pay much attention to the awards, but it makes me happy when I get one out of nowhere.

Edit: I have to remember the sticky bombs at Los Santos Customs. I usually just stand and wait with an RPG ready, and I sometimes miss, especially if they come out on a motorcycle.

I wear two of the tattoos I have unlocked:  Wages of Sin tattoo on my back and the Grim Reaper / Shotgun tattoo on my right arm.  I wore the Dual Wielding Evil Clown tattoo on my back before that.  I recently got the Angel back tattoo for winning every event at least once, but I have grown attached to the Wages of Sin one I currently wear,

Our own dok aka cyberinsekt aka Pete from the UK proudly wears the Devil Girl tattoo on his left arm which means that he has held a World Record in a race.  That guy is also a beast behind the wheel.  I don't think he plays much GTA Online anymore.

I am happy to see that the three and out tactic works.  Mark and I will probably job out to each other in LS Forum in a GTA match to unlock that tattoo.

I'd love to get the Seven Deadly Sins scroll tattoo, but I am neither competitive nor bloodthirsty enough to kack 1000 players total in this lifetime .  My Total Players Killed stat is barely over 200 and most of those have come from in-house deathmatches.  Getting 1K kills by just running around on pub servers shooting people isn't my idea of fun.  I have no idea why they just don't deathmatch and get it over with. 

I'd love to score on a Special Crate (I actually collect the t-shirts) but someone seems to always try to camp the crate before it drops, which bugs the crate so that it never shows up.  This has happened to me about five or six times.

I've gotten several special crates, but it's always right place, right time. Usually the rooms are too busy fighting with each other to chase crates or Simeon's special cars. I didn't know the special crates came with T-shirts, I've never paid that much attention.

I need a new look - I was noticing I look like everyone in the game. I'd like to wear the crew T-shirt, but the body armor just covers it up. I should switch back to the crew jacket or buy a new one. You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I think i dramatically altered my character's appearance when they gave me a chance to, and I'm back to my old character since they made the fix for the money issues. Oh well.

I played some stuff with cyberinsekt - damn fine player. Shame he doesn't play more - strength in numbers and all that.

If you get a Special Crate, you receive the Los Santos Belle t-shirt.  There is a bug associated with it though.   It will sometimes take the place of another t-shirt you have and even if you go back to the store and purchase it again, your old shirt won't pop back into your closet.  The reward t-shirt always stays in your wardrobe.

The other reward t-shirt is the Red Skull shirt that IIRC you get for getting the most kills in a Survival match..  I wear the Red Skull shirt with my Lonewolf leather jacket, Ranch Chocolate Jeans and Hinterland Brown Boots.  That is usually my default Deathmatch ass-stomping uniform if I have time to change clothes.

The one deathmatch that you dropped out of turned out to work really well despite me giving us all RPGs 

Moongirl eventually realized we were all idiots and trying to blow each other up with the RPGs, so she started capping people with a pistol and she got a sizable lead before someone else found the 2nd supply of tanks.

I did run over Fresh with a car so that did make me feel better.

I tried to get moongirl to run over Fresh during that last mission.  She ran me over instead.  Karma I guess.

The carnage in the LS Forum GTA race was amazing.  I think I won by more than a minute, despite dying half a dozen times and falling off the bike about 10.  There were bikes all over the place.  I kept hitting unmanned bikes in the middle of the track and getting launched into the rafters.  I honestly have no idea whose bike I finished the race with after I got mine stuck behind a pole.  It looked like it was mostly pink.

My finest moment was nailing somebody with a rocket while they were standing in the middle of the track shooting at oncoming bikes.

I thought you won, Mark?  You were the one storming along when my interwebs wet the bed.

I am glad to hear that Moongirl is working out.  Definitely the opposite of the Veelox experiment I conducted a while back.

I am surprised by the number of actual females that play GTA Online and I always seem to meet them while playing golf.

Wow - after you mentioned the record holder tattoo, I thought it sounded familiar and that I was wearing it. I wasn't sure because I mostly wear t-shirts and long sleeved shirts, so I don't see it often. I checked my awards and, sure enough, I held a world record at some point. I have no idea when or how that happened, as I'm generally terrible at races.

I urge everyone here to download the "Stairway To Heaven" race and try it. Let me know how many minutes you spend trying to get to the first checkpoint before you want to launch your controller through a plate glass window and set fire to your house.

To get to the first checkpoint, you have to drive up this series of ramps that are spaced just far enough apart, and just far enough out of line, that you end up falling off every time. I think it could be done with motorcycles, but apparently that's not an option. It's maddening.

Edit - Make sure it's the one called "stairway" and not "staircase."

Has anyone made a race that is just literally you start at the bottom of the map on the docks, d the only checkpoint is the top of the maps road, and the finish is the original checkpoint? Cause I'd legitimately love to play a GTA race of that.

Problem with it being a GTA race is that the way to win would be to drive to the airport and steal the Luxor from the hangar.

Has anyone made a race that is just literally you start at the bottom of the map on the docks, d the only checkpoint is the top of the maps road, and the finish is the original checkpoint? Cause I'd legitimately love to play a GTA race of that.

Problem with it being a GTA race is that the way to win would be to drive to the airport and steal the Luxor from the hangar.

I like that plan, but that is when someone would manage to get into Fort Zancudo, steal a Lazer, and blast me out of the sky before i got to the northern end of the map.

That shit would end up as some fucking sideshow version of the Wacky Races with the winner finishing with a time just over eight hours but with a K/D ratio of.000001.

I played a survival mission with a female last night who was even in the mission's chatroom and everything. "Hey, baby, I'm a Level 140, and you know what that means."

Tell the boss you're dying, give the wife a $20 and send her to the movies with that dude from high school she's always chatting with on Facebook, tell the kids to go out and play real-life street Frogger and get in some Wednesday Afternoon Delight~!

I should be on until at least the Spurs-Thunder game. Come ask yourself the question milions have asked: "God, that guy's a Level 140 and he's still this bad at the game?"

We've got more than two people with World Record times in races. In fact, I've had at least two, both of which were witnessed by crewmates (Evil Neil and Cristobal were impressed with my second. Gonzalez was pissed off and unbelieving about my first*). I'm fairly sure Havoc and Cristobal have World Records as well. It's actually very easy to get them now there's a Race Creator ;)

Tattoo wise, I've got the Ride or Die for the GTA Race win + 3 Kills, the Grim Reaper Shotgun for Gang Attacks, the 25 Bounties, the 1000 kills (I think) - I've unlocked it anyway. I haven't got the Burning Heart for 50 Deathmatch wins, but I should because I've won 80+ of them. I think Team Deathmatches don't count though.

I joined an LTS by mistake, and it was me and a level 13 vs one guy who was level 7. Two shots fired (from my Assault Shotgun - I'm going for the Tints on that as well the Heavy Sniper now) in the whole match and it was over. Felt so guilty that I carried them through Boneyard to make up for it. Doing Survivals with low level people is my new Good Karma move. I'm hoping that people will reciprocate with my second character (who's up to like 21 or 22 now anyway).

On Processed, I liked to go up the stairs and onto the roof, and take cover behind the chimney for the first three waves. You can literally get all the kills from up there if you've got a decent gun. I go into the big Hangar across the way in time for Wave 4 though. You can solo the whole thing from in there, if you get into the trailer ramp in the middle.

Memo to people who create Deathmatches: Prison Thugz Fight exists. You don't need to invent an Unarmed Death Match, we've got one. Stop making new ones**. Some German fella for some reason recreated Seal Team Six almost exactly, and ended up doing it against me, one on one. 16-0 to me. Tanks are better than Jets :) I mean, it's never fun doing a Deathmatch with Tanks in, and even less fun doing a Tank Deathmatch (unless you're going for the Stolen Kills award), but it's tolerable if you win the footrace to the artillery.

* I actually got a World Record on the Tutorial Race as well, but I think that was when the records were getting wiped every few hours.

** I did Prison Thugz Fight with a bnuch of glitching bastards - you'd hit them once and miss (ie you'd see your fist pass through their face, but they'd no-sell it and take no damage), they'd punch you once, you'd flinch five times and die. I was shit talking all of them saying they were cheating bastards and let's have real Deathmatch, see how tough you are then. But they all voted for Freemode. We spawned in the same session, six of us standing in a circle. Two seconds later, it's me with Five corpses. One of then wanted a One on One, which I won 5-2 (would have been less but someone else was fighting me as well, and they were off my radar because of the one on one). He then wanted a rematch, after the other guys ran. 5-0. If you can't Snipe, don't fight at Sniper Range.

The jealousy in your voice gave you away.

Havoc created a second character so he could have a DVDR guy as well as his HAVC guy. They are identical twins, except one has jobber stats and bugger all unlocks. I thought the whole point of a second character was to see what the other set of clothes and haircuts are like.

The one deathmatch that you dropped out of turned out to work really well despite me giving us all RPGs 

Moongirl eventually realized we were all idiots and trying to blow each other up with the RPGs, so she started capping people with a pistol and she got a sizable lead before someone else found the 2nd supply of tanks.

I did run over Fresh with a car so that did make me feel better.

I tried to get moongirl to run over Fresh during that last mission.  She ran me over instead.  Karma I guess.

The carnage in the LS Forum GTA race was amazing.  I think I won by more than a minute, despite dying half a dozen times and falling off the bike about 10.  There were bikes all over the place.  I kept hitting unmanned bikes in the middle of the track and getting launched into the rafters.  I honestly have no idea whose bike I finished the race with after I got mine stuck behind a pole.  It looked like it was mostly pink.

My finest moment was nailing somebody with a rocket while they were standing in the middle of the track shooting at oncoming bikes.

You shouldn't have been talking shit when I wasn't even there, hombre.

And J.T., let's please unlock the Veelox again soon.