DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: VLADIMIR KOZLOV

RIPPA

Seemed fitting to do a failure of a Russian today. Can't imagine why...

(This also fits the theme of me constantly comparing the Rangers to the Undertaker)

HOSS FIGHT!

I remember Koslov/Festus being a mini dream match of mine at around this time, This is a perfect 5 minutematch. Two dudes just beating the crap out of each other until there was a victor. Festus uncharacteristically leaves his feet, and whammo! headbutt.

I also really wanted to see Koslov/Umaga too, but Umaga was either injured or on RAW during Koslov's big push.

• Like 1

It's really unfortunate that ECW ended when it did because I would have loved to see where they were going with the Ruthless Roundtable breakup. I always loved Kozlov even when he first debuted and wasn't that good yet. By the end of his run he definitely had progressed to "legitimately good" territory.

I also LOVED that Festus/Kozlov match. I remember like a week or 2 before I wrote on this board that they should feed Festus to Kozlov and then they did it and I was like "whoa I did not expect that to be so awesome"

I was also really hoping they were going to bring him in to face Rusev after Swagger or Mark Henry. It would have fit in with current events for them to do a (Fake) Russian vs. Ukrainian feud.

I miss Kozlov. He still posts on Twitter time to time and it's just usually pictures of him living it up at a club in Miami with hot chicks. Kozlov coming back and working a pro-capitalist/Russian Millionaire/Anti-Putin gimmick would be amazing against Rusev and his Pro Putin. If there's one thing Putin hates more than freedom it's guys throwing money around showing how great it is.

• 2 weeks later...

It really wasn't a fuck you to TNA. Jerry went to Jeff & TNA first and got blown off. It's not like his WWE run was the greatest but god knows how they would have fucked him up in TNA.