DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling 5-8-15 Live Show

Loved the EC3-Anderson match. It was short, but each guy looked great with EC3's delayed backdrop being really impressive. MVP-Drew was fine. Could've done without MVP's race-baiting promo beforehand. LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THE STORM-MICKIE-MAGNUS ANGLE! Dollhouse vs. Gail/Kong was fun. Boy does Robert Irvine ever look like Batista. The Wolves/Dirty Heels promo was great and I liked Drew trying to get Matt into his group.

Great segment with Angelina and Velvet too. I initially feared a Winter 2.0 bit with Velvet being stoic, but they've played it off as her just being selectively nuts when provoked. EY vs. Kurt was excellent and I loved that they didn't do the obvious thing and have Bully turn heel. Instead, he was fair and actually did what he said he'd do. This might've been the best Impact on DA - everything about it was either really good or was really good and built up the future.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/100-tna/42452-tna-impact-wrestling-5-8-15-live-coverage-ey-vs-angle-world-title

Screens - 

da5ebd408463989.jpg

f23660408467587.jpg

aaf309408467606.jpg

cbb44e408467651.jpg

f9eff8408467627.jpg 

75b6d6408469596.jpg 

58d764408469652.jpg 

eec7cf408469749.jpg

6fac33408471450.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ldalriq07srgui5wi6zmjq2l8ccjijm3

Enjoyed the show as well, thought it had an exciting atmosphere tonight. Only thing I didn't care for is Velvet being back. Cool surprise to have Bully back though. EC3/Anderson was solid with some memorable bumps. Drew/MVP was surprisingly short but a nice win for Drew. Fun progression in the Storm/Magnus/Mickie angle. Wolves vs Aries & Roode best of 5 should be great stuff, looking forward to that. I first thought they were gonna team up Matt & Davey but good to see Eddie's back quickly. Main event was pretty good and I'm glad Kurt's reign continues.

Nothing about MVP dropping the N bomb to the sound of crickets? That was hilarious. Not as funny as Angle winning and the crowd going mild. Women's match was pretty bad and that was mostly due to the Dollhouse. I like Mia Yim but she's awful in this role. Marti's not too good either. It was nice to see TNA let Josh Matthews out of the storage closet. He couldn't have looked more bored if he tried though.

Nothing about MVP dropping the N bomb to the sound of crickets? That was hilarious. Not as funny as Angle winning and the crowd going mild. Women's match was pretty bad and that was mostly due to the Dollhouse. I like Mia Yim but she's awful in this role. Marti's not too good either. It was nice to see TNA let Josh Matthews out of the storage closet. He couldn't have looked more bored if he tried though.

I wonder if that MVP promo was the first of what Billy Corgan wants to do. I thought it was a really good promo. If it were an actual paying crowd in the right town, someone might have thrown bottles at him.

James Storm: Demonic Home wrecker is an amazing gimmick. I thought Mickie would get the El Kabong with the surplus Jarrett guitar. Storm stealing Mickie and the the kid will be great though. Storm is everything Bray Wyatt could be.

Where's the Dalton Castle screen from?

It's from the commercial for the new TNA One Night Only PPV that premiered yesterday. X Division Xtravaganza.

Had a feeling might have to check out that PPV or find his match online.

I get that MVP is passionate about his political beliefs(he was a part of the Ferguson protests), but maybe it's not a good idea to potentially step on toes when you're been on your current network for less than a year.

I enjoyed Kong/Kim vs The Dollhouse. Great to see the crowd really into it too. Robert Irvine has got to be loving this stuff.

I have never been a big Velvet fan but I can get behind this feud with Angelina, given how everything went down between them. 

I talked about that in the full review to some degree. I highly doubt he actually said that word live and they just bleeped it to imply that. And boy did that stunt that could really cause a shitstorm avail them nothing.