DVDVR Message Board

King of the Ring 2015

ingrsco

I didn't see a topic for this...and I'm not really surprised considering it was an hour with mostly video packages ad filler with a few matches thrown in. What a waste.

Anyways, we will see how Barrett does until his next injury or Intercontinental title reign. 

I thought it was a perfectly fine and fun hour and just what the Network needs more of. The Network really should be the evolution of Coliseum Home Video and have a block of exclusive matches and fun segments from house shows or tapings on a Saturday night or something.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the finishes of all three matches.  Even though both Barrett matches featured a crazy leap into a Bullhammer, both were done very well and looked like they took the other guy's head off.  Neville is a great babyface, and I liked that he essentially beat Sheamus with his regular finishing sequence and not just a flash pin, to make the win look more legit than just Dolph fucking Sheamus over. 

Also, Sheamus' entrance is fucking awesome.

I thought it was a perfectly fine show. The matches were a little bit but it was only an hour. I Thought Neville should have won but King Barrett should be fun. And I thought the Verne tribute video was a nice tribute.

During Neville vs Sheamus, I thought it was a bit one sided and figured they were going for the epic match feel, because there were a few spots where it looked like Nev would go into the fiery babyface comeback but then he didn't. But rather than go for the arrogant cover - kickout - frustration loses control of match - series of babyface pin attempts - heel cutoff & finisher - distraction - babyface win series, they skipped the exciting bit of the match entirely and it just finished as flat as a Neville win can.

See if Truth decides he really wants that spider-free castle, someone should tell him America is a republic and they vote for a President to be head of state, rather than having a hereditary monarchy. So he spends the next few weeks asking people to vote for him as President of the Ring.

I have no complaints with how any of the tourney played out, Barrett is pretty much perfect for the "King" role, although I did love the fantasy-booked-previously-on-here-sorry-I-forgot-by-whom R Truth idea. As much as Truth gets bagged on he really was fantastic at the beginning of his heel run. There really could be something there if they had him doing that out there wacky stuff again. Truth for President, indeed.

• Like 1

I was hoping Neville would win, but am fine with Barrett as KOTR.  He'll do a great job being that annoying prick that reminds everybody all the time about his victory.  Should lead to fun times.

And it didn't hurt Neville at all.  They played up he was going in with hurt ribs and put on a helluva couple matches.  They could trumpet the fact that he did very well for himself and it might help him in the long run.

I didn't think anyone looked weak coming out of this show and that it elevated both Barrett and Neville.

Matches were all fine and stories were advanced.  Really, I thought it was a great example of the little things they can be doing with the Network from time to time.