DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I know it's the preseason and all, but the Nets got beat by a team featuring Jan Veseley, Ekpe Udoh, and Luigi Datome.

I think the Nets might not be very good, guys.

Thomas Robinson had a good game, though.  I'd really like to see him break out, or at least earn a rotation spot this year.  I still think he's a talented dude who's been in some very unfortunate situations since he got in the league.

• Like 1

PRESEASON!  Doug McBuckets with 5 3s in the 2nd half yesterday!  HYPE!

Marco Belinelli dropped 30 for the Kings!  I sort of love that team right now.  Huge bench upgrades across the board.  Not only can they win enough games to give the Bulls their pick, but I think they can contend for the 8th seed.  Boogie/Rondo is a strange enough combo that it just might work.

Thabo Sefolosha's trial starts today in NY.  The story the cops seem to be going with is "his leg was already broken when we got there."  Which is, just, wow.

I'm not super upset about the Bucks losing last night, but I am pretty upset they only shot 11 3s and Middleton shot 0.  Without that shot the offense is going to gum up really fast.

Matt Barnes drove 95 miles to his old house to beat the shit out of Derrick Fisher, who was there with Matt's estranged wife.  100% team Barnes on this one.  You can't get involved with a former teammates wife!

A man has got to have a code. 

Edit:

*cop knocks on window* Sir, you know how fast you were dri-- Derek Fisher is fucking my wife. ....Ok. Follow me. I'll put the siren on.

• Like 1

Right thread this time!  But seriously... tell me the idea of Derrick Fisher getting chased out of the house by Matt Barnes isn't fucking great?  The image put a smile on my face.  

Can't wait for the first Knicks/Griz game.  What a weird sentence.

So.... Towns is casually hitting step back 18 footers now. This might be one of those draft classes that reshapes the league.

I really don't know what basketball is going to be in 10 years, but I'm almost certain we are at a tipping point.  The entire history of basketball was based on getting the best big guy, and a big guy only had to have big guy skills.  Now, big guys with only big guy skills are essentially obsolete.  The next few years I bet we get more and more huge guys who can play on the perimeter offensively and defensively. 

Thabo was found not guilty of the charges against him, which included resisting arrest.

Huge respect to Thabo for not taking the inital "please dont take this to trial" plea deal offered to him by the prosecution. He risked receiving a harsher punishment but took it to trial.

I hope this story gets more coverage now.

Caron Butler talks about the Arenas/Crittenden incident in his new book:

CQvJoxTWoAAHTKx.jpg

I never thought I'd say this, but I kinda want to read Caron Butler's book.

Was Javaris gang affiliated his entire time in the NBA?

Also on Matt Barnes - Derek Fisher story...Barnes gave his side of the story and said he went to check on his sons. D-Fish, of all the women he could hook-up with, he decides to do so with Matt Barnes' ex. WTF. Maybe he should have watched an episode of Basketball Wives (hell, 5 minutes of it is all you need to watch) and realize you should probably skip dating anyone who's been on that show.

CQvJoxTWoAAHTKx.jpg

Also on Matt Barnes - Derek Fisher story...Barnes gave his side of the story and said he went to check on his sons. D-Fish, of all the women he could hook-up with, he decides to do so with Matt Barnes' ex. WTF. Maybe he should have watched an episode of Basketball Wives (hell, 5 minutes of it is all you need to watch) and realize you should probably skip dating anyone who's been on that show.

I don't know if you watched any Knicks games last year, but D-Fish didn't exactly come across as a next level thinker or sound decision maker. 

I imagine it'll get some attention when Thabo sues the shit out of the NYPD.

Wish he could sue the individual officers because it's shitty that the citizens of NYC are the ones who will have to pay up instead of the thug officer who broke his leg.

• Like 1

I imagine it'll get some attention when Thabo sues the shit out of the NYPD.

Wish he could sue the individual officers because it's shitty that the citizens of NYC are the ones who will have to pay up instead of the thug officer who broke his leg.

The fact that all the testimony seems to point at Thabo not only doing nothing wrong, but he was actually giving money to a homeless person when he was assaulted makes this even more ridiculous. 

CQvJoxTWoAAHTKx.jpg

I don't know if you watched any Knicks games last year, but D-Fish didn't exactly come across as a next level thinker or sound decision maker. 

I barely watched Lakers games, what makes you think I'd want to watch Knicks games? :)

• Like 1

I barely watched Lakers games, what makes you think I'd want to watch Knicks games? :)

Knicks games are going to be like getting kicked in the balls for me this year. I really wanted Porzingis.

It scares me that 2017 is already being regarded as one of the best drafts ever. More incentive to stink for another season.