DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

I don't mean this to come across as snide, but isn't the key to success in the triangle having two transcendent two way players? The triangle looks good when you have Jordan and Pippen or Kobe and Shaq. It looks pretty good when you have Kobe and Pau. It has not looked as good when you have Langston Galloway and Lou Amundson. 

I didn't think that was even a controversial position anymore.  I don't know of anybody out there repping for the triangle except Phil.

Scott Skiles got a 4 years deal from Orlando even though he'll get fired in 2.

I didn't think that was even a controversial position anymore.  I don't know of anybody out there repping for the triangle except Phil.

Why not go for Thibs now that he's available? Isn't he the rich man's Scott SKiles?

I didn't think that was even a controversial position anymore. I don't know of anybody out there repping for the triangle except Phil.

Why not go for Thibs now that he's available? Isn't he the rich man's Scott SKiles?

I would imagine Thibs has no interest in going to a rebuilding team. Orlando is going to be bad for a while.

I like Orlando's core, though.  I figured Thibs could make something of it, because there are a lot of pieces there to work with.  So the Pelicans job p much comes down to him and Brooks.  I get the feeling one or two more jobs open up before season starts.

Why pay Thibs for a couple of losing seasons when you can get Skiles for half price?

I like Orlando's players, but I don't think they really have a core there.  You can't play Oladipo and Payton together in the backcourt, there's just not enough shooting there.  Harris is good but I think he's close to his ceiling.  The Vooch is good but not great.  Gordon has no offensive game.  All their starters are guys who would be the third option on a good team.  

Kevin Love looked at the Lakers and 20 wins, and the Cavs and 60 wins... yeah, no.

Love has said he's opting in. 

He also apparently re-aggravated his shoulder during the celebration of the ECF win. 

(These items may or may not be related.)

Love's been saying he's staying with the Cavs for months now. We'll have to wait and see since I've seen plenty of guys change their minds as that FA period comes closer. It also probably makes more sense to wait a year when the cap increases by a lot.

Love's been saying he's staying with the Cavs for months now. We'll have to wait and see since I've seen plenty of guys change their minds as that FA period comes closer. It also probably makes more sense to wait a year when the cap increases by a lot.

Jalen Rose said Houston is where he'll wind up. We shall see.

Can he be traded if he opts in?

Jalen Rose said Houston is where he'll wind up. We shall see.

Can he be traded if he opts in?

Jalen Rose is the worst. 

Jalen Rose has literally given Love at least five different landing spots in the past three months. He is just throwing shit at a wall at this point. I would be very surprised if Love leaves a team that just got to the finals without him. He has never said anything aside from "I'm staying", and no one has reported otherwise except for Bill "Gut Feelings, Movie References and Body Language" Simmons. 

• Like 2

I believe that people in the NBA deliberately feed Jalen bad information because he's such an ass.

Andrei Kirilenko has quietly retired.  He really came along a few years too early; his game would make him a massive star today.

• Like 1

HE'S GIVING THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

If Love leaves Cleveland, it'll cement his legacy as a guy who only cares about stats.  LeBron is the best basketball player in the world, will be for another couple more years, and is a willing distributor.   LeBron can and has carried dead weight to the Finals.  Love isn't dead weight, so imagine what they can accomplish together when healthy. It's the best situation Love could ask for.  The Lakers are 2-3 years aways from being really good again.  Dwight Howard is a flake and Houston isn't guaranteed a top spot in the West from year to year.  As long as LeBron's around, Cleveland has good directions to the ECF/Finals every season.  You want sun?  Buy a lamp.  You want a great chance at championships?  Stay in Cleveland.

K Love, Dwight and Harden seems like a better fit than Love, Kyrie and Lebron to me. I would be really interested in watching Love and Dwight on the floor together. Dwight can cover for the other two on defense in a way that Lebron can't from the wing.

You know what would have been really fun? Wiggins in Cleveland for this finals run.

Apparently the Heat offered 3/29 and now Wade and his wife are starting this passive aggressive bullshit on social media. If they're seriously going to go that road I'd really consider telling Dwyane to fuck Dwyane because as a fan that shit annoys the fuck out of me. Nothing annoys me more about the way modern day NBA players conduct business than this social media shit where they take veiled shots at whomever.

Not to say 3/29 isn't ridiculous because it is and I still think it should've never ever gotten to this point but the passive aggresive nonsense irks the crap out of me.