DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: KEVIN SULLIVAN

RIPPA

For when i get home, the slaughterhouse interview will go here.

Its not the Dogs fault; he was born that way.

Aw.  I was going to post that match.

EDIT: Curt hates your placeholder.

There are few feud match build-ups better than KEVEN SULLIVAN, THE ROAD TO SUPERBRAWL~!

This match was on television for free.

Further proof that Kanemura is mental. 

I can't really think of anything involving Sullivan outside of promo-land aside from the Benoit match and I'm not posting that.

EDIT: If someone can find the full Dog squash then post it. I still find it hard to believe that Cactus Jack was the sanest man in that stable right there, standing behind them looking like the odd man out.

EDIT II: Aw fuck it I can't not post something involving Matsunaga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KjBqqUgkLk

If you want to look like a million bucks, get booked to beat the shit out of Lee Scott.

Lee Scott = fucking awesome.

Hey, it is the infamous Allen Sufferello match where Allen gets legit KOed at the 2:50 mark!

Yes, that is Roddy Piper on commentary.  Yes, Roddy Piper sounds like he is high on crack.

• Like 3

[EDIT: If someone can find the full Dog squash then post it. I still find it hard to believe that Cactus Jack was the sanest man in that stable right there, standing behind them looking like the odd man out.

Here is the mugging in all of its brutal glory.

Sullivan & Sawyer are one of the best one and done tag team parings ever.

• Like 1

If you want to look like a million bucks, get booked to beat the shit out of Lee Scott.

Lee Scott = fucking awesome.

What more could you want from a match?  Sullivan in full-on squash mode, Cactus reading a book, JR and Solie on commentary.  Ross even mentions Lee Scott as one of his favorites!  Now that's giving a guy some props.  

Scott being thrown to to floor?  So brutal and nice they did it twice.  

Follow THAT, Ranger Ross!

• Like 1

Jesus, what did Kanemura do to deserve that mugging? He DARES to get in a 5-second flurry and Sullivan pulls out a spike and begins to do some reconstructive surgery on his biceps. Between that and the buckets of blood by Kanemura, that was completely insane. And it was nice of Brian Lee to come out after nearly 6 minutes of charges-should-be-filed complete mauling to "save the day."

Mantell calling him "Kimura" throughout made me laugh, though.

A friend of mine's brother worked in TV production for Smoky Mountain, and said he was taping an event once when a fan threw a drink at Sullivan. Sullivan went completely nuts and scared the shit out of the fan and everyone around the fan as only he can. Sullivan then just lost it laughing about it as soon as he got back behind the curtain.

Kanemura apparently begged Sullivan to do it. They were going to send the tape to Japan or something. 

Sullivan is one of my favorite wrestling personalities ever. I love him squashing Mr.T at Starrcade and years later no selling Asya's offense at Starrcade 99.

Varsity Club is probably my favorite wrestling gang ever. Not so much after Dusty stopped booking and they became another wrestling gang. But before that with Sullivan running a cult of former college athletes. Iniially he would wear a college sweater or letterman's jacket. But each week he becomes weirder and weirder. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_PvbyjcDic

• Like 1