DVDVR Message Board

July Wrestling Catch-All

If doing tournaments because the final was set isn't worth it, why do we subject ourselves to March Madness every year? Also, I think you are greatly underselling some facial hair. Magnum TA somehow had a mustache that was a perfectly permed as his mullet. Sam Oliver Bass looked as if he was the offspring of Stan Hansen and a villain from a silent melodrama. 

Because the only thing we hate more than ourselves is Jae?

• Like 3

The Facebook part turns this story Florida as hell.BTW thanks alot WWE. The last thing Florida needs is a bunch more pro wrestlers running around.

... They were already there. Apparently a shitload of 'em live in Tampa.

The author of that article must have gotten raped at by Madison Square Garden.

FTFY, not that I disagree with his point that the demolition of an architectural jewel like the original Penn Station was a fucking tragedy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 2

*Sigh...* I guess I'll be the one to post this, because it is important. But since this guy was a really good friend if mine a few years ago, it makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know what the fuck happened or what to think.

http://tbo.com/news/crime/deputies-former-wrestler-stabs-fatally-stabs-woman-in-tampa-20130724/

About 30 minutes after the stabbing was reported, McGhee updated the profile picture on his Facebook page of a cut arm with a bloody wound. Friends and family left messages for him to contact them and to do the right thing.

This is the next step - People committing crimes and then posting about it online.

The length of prison stay will be directly related to the number of 'Likes' they get.

As one of those "friends and family" who posted on it, it really seemed more like a cry for help. But I can't pretend to know what was going on in his head. This is not the guy I knew. The guy I knew was jovial and generous. I don't know what has happened to him.
  • Like 1

The Facebook part turns this story Florida as hell.BTW thanks alot WWE. The last thing Florida needs is a bunch more pro wrestlers running around.

... They were already there. Apparently a shitload of 'em live in Tampa.
Yeah no shit. With the new training center that # is only going to grow. Anyways it was just a dumb joke.

In more Florida wrestling news, the Marlins will apparently have a Legends of Wrestling Night

Yes, the club that can boast the worst attendance in Major League Baseball in just the second season in a brand new ballpark is pulling out the stops on Aug 24 when they host a Legends of Wrestling Night which will feature over a dozen Hall of Famers, former World Champions and current professional wrestlers. You won’t get The Rock or Hulk Hogan, but former WWE/WCW Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will throw out the first pitch, wrestlers will sign autographs during the game and then post-game there will be three to four wrestling matches inside the ring on the West Plaza of Marlins Park. While the list is subject to change, here’s who the Marlins have listed as appearing. No word on whether Jeffrey Loria or David Samson will be part of any cage matches:

* Bret “The Hitman” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Bill Goldberg (former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion)

* Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Koko B. Ware (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Jimmy “Mouth of the South” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* The Nasty Boys (former WWF & WCW Tag Team Champions)

* Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Bushwhacker Luke (former WWE superstar)

* The Genius (former WWE superstar)

* Mr. Anderson (former TNA World Heavyweight Champion)

* Chavo Guerrero (former WCW, WWE and TNA Tag Team Champion)

* Davey Boy Smith, Jr. (former WWE Tag Team Champion)

* Wes Brisco (current TNA superstar)

* Garett Bischoff (current TNA superstar)

What 3-4 matches can they possibly do with that line-up?

little update about Hero's heat with managment:

"Ohno was pulled from the recent NXT TV tapings and some live events, and was instructed that he needs to concentrate his efforts on his physique and his strength/conditioning training. As far as his in ring work, mic work and attitude; he has been receiving very good reviews. WWE officials have stated that he will not be brought up to the main roster until he gets in better physical shape. Ohno is back on WWE NXT live events, including tonight's show in Tampa, Florida."

In more Florida wrestling news, the Marlins will apparently have a Legends of Wrestling Night

Yes, the club that can boast the worst attendance in Major League Baseball in just the second season in a brand new ballpark is pulling out the stops on Aug 24 when they host a Legends of Wrestling Night which will feature over a dozen Hall of Famers, former World Champions and current professional wrestlers. You won’t get The Rock or Hulk Hogan, but former WWE/WCW Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg will throw out the first pitch, wrestlers will sign autographs during the game and then post-game there will be three to four wrestling matches inside the ring on the West Plaza of Marlins Park. While the list is subject to change, here’s who the Marlins have listed as appearing. No word on whether Jeffrey Loria or David Samson will be part of any cage matches:

* Bret “The Hitman” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Bill Goldberg (former WWE & WCW World Heavyweight Champion)

* Greg “The Hammer” Valentine (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Koko B. Ware (WWE Hall of Famer)

* Jimmy “Mouth of the South” Hart (WWE Hall of Famer)

* The Nasty Boys (former WWF & WCW Tag Team Champions)

* Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart (former WWF Tag Team Champion)

* Bushwhacker Luke (former WWE superstar)

* The Genius (former WWE superstar)

* Mr. Anderson (former TNA World Heavyweight Champion)

* Chavo Guerrero (former WCW, WWE and TNA Tag Team Champion)

* Davey Boy Smith, Jr. (former WWE Tag Team Champion)

* Wes Brisco (current TNA superstar)

* Garett Bischoff (current TNA superstar)

What 3-4 matches can they possibly do with that line-up?

My Card:

Biscoff/Brisco vs. The Nasties

Chavo vs. Koko B. Ware

Bulldog/Bret(who will stand on the apron the whole time) vs. Neidhart/Valentine w/Jimmy Hart.