DVDVR Message Board

This Offseason In NFL Stupidity

RIPPA

The NFLPA believes there's a conspiracy to blackball Ray Rice as a favor to Goodell. 

So to recap:

• Running backs are a dime a dozen
  • Rice's last season was his worst ever
  • Any team that hires him would face a public backlash

This all adds up pretty obviously to no individual team wanted to give him a shot.  But, sure, let's go with a conspiracy theory.

Playing devil's advocate, all those other dudes who get caught up with this bullshit get picked up all the time.  Ray Rice is on the downside of his career, but would still be a pretty decent running back, especially if he's splitting carries.  Ray McDonald is going to get signed again, Greg Hardy has already been signed, and the next person who gets in trouble for domestic violence will probably be signed too.  To Ray Rice's detriment he seems to be the face of domestic violence.  Everyone who cares watched that video, and they haven't forgot it.  I don't know if he's blackballed, but I can understand why he would be blackballed.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Schefter, Patriots cut Brandon Spikes after he hit a "deer" over the weekend and decided that abandoning his car was his best course of action.

Isnt that now the go to strategy, after the guy from the Bears did it a few years ago?

I think Briggs ran his car into a light pole or something.

In this case, the "deer" apparently looks suspiciously like a 2009 Nissan.

NFL teams aren't fucking around with sketchy acting players anymore, especially ones they already had issues with anyway.

Except for the part where he's going to be in the starting line up for some team on opening day.

• Like 1

I don't know about that. He was reduced to a situational role with Buffalo last year, and it took awhile for the Pats to sign him. On a opening day roster? Sure, I can see that, but probably not starting. . .

I don't know about that. He was reduced to a situational role with Buffalo last year, and it took awhile for the Pats to sign him. On a opening day roster? Sure, I can see that, but probably not starting. . .

And he won't get signed till legal stuff is done

• 2 weeks later...

Poor poor Gonzo

We have our first "idiotic thing said today by a football player" and they play for the Vikings

Josh RobinsonVerified account

‏@JROB_2one
Love is love? So what will we say when the 30yr old loves YOUR 10 year old. When the dad loves HIS 6 year old? It's different?? Yea okay!

Poor poor Gonzo

We have our first "idiotic thing said today by a football player" and they play for the Vikings

‏@JROB_2one
Love is love? So what will we say when the 30yr old loves YOUR 10 year old. When the dad loves HIS 6 year old? It's different?? Yea okay!

I give this tweet until about 3pm when his agent is done screaming at him about 'future earnings' and 'potential endorsements' for him to delete it. 

[EDIT -- As of 2:30p his tweets are now protected. lol]  

Poor poor Gonzo

‏@JROB_2one

Yeah, dude's an idiot and with any luck will be unemployed soon anyway. Yeah, he's free to express his opinion, and I'm free to say that I think his opinion is dumb.

It's bad form for anyone to do this. . .and it's probably worse when you're likely the #5 CB on the depth chart right now. Particularly considering that the aftermath of the Chris Kluwe debacle is still fresh in ownership's mind.

• Like 1

Poor poor Gonzo

‏@JROB_2one

Yeah, dude's an idiot and with any luck will be unemployed soon anyway. Yeah, he's free to express his opinion, and I'm free to say that I think his opinion is dumb.

It's bad form for anyone to do this. . .and it's probably worse when you're likely the #5 CB on the depth chart right now. Particularly considering that the aftermath of the Chris Kluwe debacle is still fresh in ownership's mind.

You can say anything you like,  but there will be consequences. . . dumbass.

"I apologize for any offense my tweets may have caused," Robison wrote in a text message. "In an attempt to express my beliefs, I created some confusion with my choice of words, and for that I apologize. I do not equate the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage equality with other social issues. There are obvious differences. However, I do believe that God’s laws will always supersede man’s laws. This belief is not from hate for anyone but from a love for my God and all those he created. Again, I’m sorry!"

http://m.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/josh-robinson-reacts-to-supreme-court-gay-marriage-ruling

"I apologize for any offense my tweets may have caused," Robison wrote in a text message. "In an attempt to express my beliefs, I created some confusion with my choice of words, and for that I apologize. I do not equate the Supreme Court’s decision on marriage equality with other social issues. There are obvious differences. However, I do believe that God’s laws will always supersede man’s laws. This belief is not from hate for anyone but from a love for my God and all those he created. Again, I’m sorry!"

http://m.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/josh-robinson-reacts-to-supreme-court-gay-marriage-ruling

Surprisingly, he didn't go with the "I was hacked" excuse.