DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Along these lines I am also trying very hard to disregard Gonzo's post about who the 49ers are allegedly interviewing this weekend.

Well, to help take some of the heat off of Gonzo, I was the first on this thread to mention he who shall not be named landing the job. At least this is just an interview.

You guys think he have it bad? The Bills consider Schwartz a HC candidate. At least they want to talk to Reich, Rex and all the other hot candidates too.  He did a good job with the D, but with that talent half of this board could have done similiarly. . .

I feel really bad for Kuetsar and the Buffalo faithful; it looked like Marrone was The Guy to bring them back to competence for the first time since I was rockin' Diamond Turfs and wearing a tiny herringbone chain, wishing I had a beeper. I suppose the GM gets as much credit as Marrone but yeah. Bleak shit.

I feel really bad for Kuetsar and the Buffalo faithful; it looked like Marrone was The Guy to bring them back to competence for the first time since I was rockin' Diamond Turfs and wearing a tiny herringbone chain, wishing I had a beeper. I suppose the GM gets as much credit as Marrone but yeah. Bleak shit.

I actually don't miss Marrone that much. The D made up for ALOT  of bad coaching on his part. I just don't want Schwartz. . . .What they really need is a coach with a aggressive mindset. Haven't had that in FOREVER.  Once they find a QB, they have two young studs at WR in Watkins and Woods, and need a gameplan to match. . . .

This whole "Chip Kelly will now oversee the personnel dept." thing is going to lead to his eventual downfall, right?

It usually does.  Let a coach have imput on personnel? Sure, but give him the only voice? To the dark side that path lay. . . .

I actually don't miss Marrone that much. The D made up for ALOT  of bad coaching on his part. I just don't want Schwartz. . . .What they really need is a coach with a aggressive mindset. Haven't had that in FOREVER.  Once they find a QB, they have two young studs at WR in Watkins and Woods, and need a gameplan to match. . . .

Apparently the Bills have asked for permission to speak to Pep Hamilton. He's a guy I was hoping that Minnesota would interview last season (but I'm happy as hell with Mike Zimmer). Not sure what kind of an offense he wants to run or how much of his current success he owes to Andrew Luck, but he's gotta be a damn sight better than Jim Schwartz.

The ideal for the Bills would be to get a offensive-minded head coach, and keep Schwartz as the DC.  Not sure the likelyhood of both of those things happening.  At the moment they are literally interviewing everyone that may potentially be qualified so its hard to tell what way they are leaning.  When there aren't even fake leaks about a team's preference you know they have no idea.

The ideal for the Bills would be to get a offensive-minded head coach, and keep Schwartz as the DC.  Not sure the likelyhood of both of those things happening.  At the moment they are literally interviewing everyone that may potentially be qualified so its hard to tell what way they are leaning.  When there aren't even fake leaks about a team's preference you know they have no idea.

The new owner seems to be taking his time. If Ralph was alive they would have already hired Schwartz, so anything else is good. . . 

Draft update:

Cincinnati locks up pick #21

Pittsburgh locks up pick #22

If Dallas wins the Sunday late game, Detroit will pick #23 and Arizona will pick #24.

If Detroit wins the Sunday late game, Arizona will pick #23 and Dallas will pick #24.

"We're back in AZ. Thx for the positive tweets. As for the clowns who spew vulgarities, it's time to move out of the basement and enjoy life."

Stay classy Cardinals.

But there are no basements here in Arizona..

The one upside to their losses - Todd Bowles and Teryl Austin are each free to interview for HC jobs now and shouldn't be passed over because teams didn't want to wait on their hires