DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 10-27-14

MGFanJay

Wasn't the general argument for ages that there are too many title shots, so they don't mean anything more? Now we have a legit world class athlete on the greatest tear in recent (at least) WWE history (in kayfabe) defending the title sporadically on his terms.

That is awesome. The next title defense is going to feel absolutely epic. Best Sleazebag Since Edge Seth Rollins only having sporadic chances to steal the belt also adds to that crazy dynamic.

Also, as much as I love Heyman, not having him on the show to do promos means more time for other acts. Who does that come at the expense of? Ambrose vs. Rollins? Rusev and Lana? Orton's new turn?

Lesnar not defending like this is the ultimate case of less is more.

Seconded. Lesnar is M Bison. These motherfuckers need to mow through some Vegas before they see the guy.

Also I really want the Authority to hype the debut of a fierce new tag team on their SS team and it's just Joey and Jamie in Lucha masks. 

For me, it would be more fun if he showed up and went uber heel even without defending since he is such a specimen.  

I just don't like the concept of putting the major title on a part time guy because it sends the wrong message to the guys who are working every day and on the road five days a week.

The last few Manias seemed to send that message as well.

What would make the Lesnar absences better is if they built them up.  Make that dude even more intimidating. Like he's almost a myth. As guys move up the ranks and closer to championship contention, have someone ask about Lesnar's whereabouts.  Little backstage vignettes among a couple of agents would suffice.

Hey, so-and-so is looking good these days!

Yep, sure is. He's turning into championship material.

Speaking of champions, anyone heard from Lesnar lately?

Heyman talked to him a few days ago.  Something about Alaska and bear hunting.

Sounds like him.  He get anything?

Bagged a Kodiak. Over 1400 lbs.

No kidding! Bet that filled up his truck.

Actually, Lesnar carried it on his back to his camp site.

What? He must have been pretty close by when he bagged the bear to do that.

*pauses* He was 22 miles away. *pauses again*  Walked it back in a snowstorm.

END SCENE

• Like 2

I'm still laughing that one of the big ideas to make the female wrestlers be taken seriously as athletes is "give them a purse to fight over."

I am trying to think of something for them to carry.  Guys carry briefcases and it has wrestling history.

I cannot think of anything outside of a purse for the women.  You cannot have them carry a compact but they should carry something so that when the Mrs. Money in the Bank comes out she can use it as a prop to show off for heat.

I like that the Rumble is now for a chance to get one of like 4 annual chances to do battle with a mythical demon king. 

Also, re: Roman Reigns. I was fine with his promo, it did what it was supposed to do. I just don't think that's what they should have done. "Hi guys, it's me. I feel better than I did last week. Next week I will probably feel even more better. Believe that."

Who cares? Reigns is supposed to be a fucking bad ass. Give me a weekly montage of him working out and getting ready and jumping out of the Shield helicopter and shit. 

This video literally made me start watching wrestling regularly again:

Give me the Roman Reigns version of that, please.

• Like 2

shut the fuck up jerry lawler please shut the fuck up you are making this all bad

:blink: so profanity and name calling aside, when did it become uncool to like DIvas wrestling in Halloween costumes?  Women love to dress up for Halloween and see each other in costume, honestly it goes right along with your point about marketing more to women.  They could even do a whole Divas episode of costume shopping w the ladies.  Would you rather see all the guys in a costume battle royale? (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about Ryback and sighed, when his music hit?

If at least they had brought him back as Skip Sheffield or with a completely new gimmick, but the Ryback gimmick is just so awful.

This video literally made me start watching wrestling regularly again:

Give me the Roman Reigns version of that, please.

Ran out of likes but I love it. I just thought about that video yesterday when hearing the song come on the radio. So good. Wrestling always needs more music videos and that was one of my favorites. Always liked when they use a more mainstream song for something one-off like a special video for someone specific. Would be a great idea to build Reigns' return with something like that.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit about Ryback and sighed, when his music hit?

If at least they had brought him back as Skip Sheffield or with a completely new gimmick, but the Ryback gimmick is just so awful.

Why yes. Yes you are.

Also, sorry if this was posted and I missed it, but this might be my favorite face turn promo.

I hope Ryback retains the humour that made him an internet favourite, but I liked the way he flipped it and went with a serious promo outlining his character history. 

There's money in a Ryback alarm clock.

• Like 2

You and Curtis Axel are the only ones.

shut the fuck up jerry lawler please shut the fuck up you are making this all bad

:blink: so profanity and name calling aside, when did it become uncool to like DIvas wrestling in Halloween costumes?  Women love to dress up for Halloween and see each other in costume, honestly it goes right along with your point about marketing more to women.  They could even do a whole Divas episode of costume shopping w the ladies.  Would you rather see all the guys in a costume battle royale? (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

I haven't said anything about ladies in this thread, I think you're mistaking my hate for Jerry Lawler with someone else's hate.

But while we're on the subject, how terrible were they calling Ryback's return? It could have been ANYONE or anything and they would have done the same bored and sleep walking talking points. 

The dude has been on the shelf for months and before that was slumming it with Future Imperfect. Suddenly he shows back up to feed more and march around the ring with guys on his shoulders and we get this:

cole: oh hey guys it's ryback

jerry: i bet bo dallas didn't expect him

cole: well he said anybody

jerry: that's true and he got ryback

cole: ryback is walking to the ring now

jerry: heh and now he is doing some wrestling moves on bo dallas

cole: well it looks like ryback has returned and wrestled a match against bo dallas, whom he has defeated

jbl: he's a big ol monster maggle

cole: but the bigger issue at hand, who will be john cena's friend at survivor series

jerry: heh bo-lieve, cole. 

cole: no jerry we were talking about john cena now

• Like 1

Man, time after time we get amazing one-to-two minute, unscripted backstage promos like the Ryback one above on the app and/or youtube channel. This is what wrestling promos should be for the most part. There are only a handful of occasions a year you need a long 15 minute promo.

You could see that his words were coming from his soul, he damn near teared up. Simple and to the point.

• Like 2

Oh, well I thought you were comparing me to Jerry Lawler and telling me to STFU because of my affinity for a Divas costume battle royale.  Clearly I was mistaken  B)

Hey, I like Ryback too, let's be bros

predator-shake-o.gif

no man I wouldn't call someone jerry lawler unless I was willing to personally old fashioned river strangle them. wouldn't just cart that out on a message board

also hell yes #RYBROS

• Like 3

Also, sorry if this was posted and I missed it, but this might be my favorite face turn promo.

So much this. That's about as natural a way to turn back face as I've ever seen.