DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

The Phillies have finally achieved their many-yeared quest to land Jeff Francouer, signing him to a minor-league contract.

Oh, Ruben.  Oh...Ruben.  You are too beautiful for this world.

Jeremy Hellickson to the Diamondbacks for a couple of young prospects. Good move for both sides - Arizona strengthens their rotation (which was a bit shaky last year, even with Shipley/Bradley coming up), the Rays clear payroll, boost their farm system, clear a rotation spot.

The reports now are the Stanton/Marlins talks are now for 12 years, $320 million

Stolen from Twitter, apropos of nothing:

When Stanton's contract runs out, the New York Mets will still have nine more years that they have to pay Bobby Bonilla.

• Like 7

Cubs sent Arodys Vizcaino to Atlanta for Tommy La Stella and three international signing bonus slots. I was really hoping to see Vizcaino work out of the Cubs bullpen this year, but I can't complain about the return. 

HA!

And in posting that news - I missed the news that Peter Gammons is saying that Russell Martin is signing with the Blue Jays

EDIT: Gammons says it is for "McCann money"

HA!

And in posting that news - I missed the news that Peter Gammons is saying that Russell Martin is signing with the Blue Jays

Greatest!  Catcher!  Ever!

At supposedly “McCann money."

Mmm, disastrous.