DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

So all of these "Best Of" specials that they're running leading up to the live show... not one of them has either of the two guys who will be fighting in the main event over the company's most important title?

So all of these "Best Of" specials that they're running leading up to the live show... not one of them has either of the two guys who will be fighting in the main event over the company's most important title?

In all of my criticisms of the best of shows (although granted, I didn't see the last two), I never once thought about that and it's a valid point.

One of my favorite TNA things is that AJ Styles was a young up and comer from the day he started with the company to the day he left it, despite being their world champion 5 times.

And then married as a father of a slew of kids with their birthdays tattooed on his side.

• Like 1

One of my favorite TNA things is that AJ Styles was a young up and comer from the day he started with the company to the day he left it, despite being their world champion 5 times.

TNA's booking of AJ Styles is probably one of the weirdest and stupidest things in the history of pro wrestling. But since it's TNA, it just gets lost in the shuffle with the other stupid things they do. 

• Like 3

I wish I had saved more of my tapes of the block of wrestling back then. I remember a short lived tv show from when Tiny Frazier was trying to reopen Gulf Coast Championship Wrestling. Mike Boyette and Frazier were the only names.

I was going to make a joke about Mike Boyette not being a name but then it occurred to me that I've actually heard of him, which is more than can be said for Tiny Frazier.

Tiny is better known as Uncle Elmer or Plowboy Frazier.

Roode is featured well in the best 20 TNA moments in history countdown. Both of Roode's title wins and his title loss are in there:

20) Samoa Joe defeated Kurt Angle to win the TNA World Title at Lockdown 2008.

19) Austin Aries defeated Bobby Roode to win the TNA World Title at Destination X 2012.

18) Motor City Machine Guns defeated Beer Money to win the Tag Titles at Victory Road 2010.

17) Jay Lethal and Ric Flair had a hilarious "woo off" promo on Impact in June 2010.

16) Amazing Red won an Ultimate X match to retain the X Division Title at Bound For Glory 2009.

15) Bully Ray [Aces & Eights] defeated Jeff Hardy to win the TNA World Title at Lockdown 2013.

14) Gail Kim won a Gauntlet Battle Royal to win the Knockouts Title at Bound For Glory 2007.

13) Jeff and Karen Jarrett renewed their wedding vows on Impact in March 2011.

12) Bobby Roode defeated Lashley to win the TNA World Title on Impact in October 2014.

11) Sting defeated Hulk Hogan in a street fight for control of TNA at Bound For Glory 2011.

10) Sting and Kurt Angle had the first ever TNA Empty Arena match on Impact in February 2009.

9) The Wolves defeated The Hardys & Team 3D in Full Metal Mayhem on Impact in October 2014.

8) Taryn Terrell defeated Gail Kim in a Last Knockout Standing match at Slammiversary 2013.

7) Hulk Hogan signed with TNA and made his long-awaited Impact debut in January 2010.

6) Magnus defeated AJ Styles for the undisputed TNA World Title on Impact in January 2014.

5) Aces & Eights crashed the wedding of Bully Ray & Brooke Hogan on Impact in January 2013.

4) Bobby Roode defeated James Storm to win the TNA World Title on Impact in November 2011.

3) AJ Styles defeated Christopher Daniels & Samoa Joe to win the X Division Title at Unbreakable 2005.

2) Jeff Hardy joined forces with Immortal and won the TNA World Title at Bound For Glory 2010.

1) Bully Ray powerbombed Dixie Carter through a table on Impact in August 2014. #ItHappened

Overall it's quite a crappy selection though. And it's clearly meant to put the spotlight on the last few years.

Did Dixie Carter really put a moment involving HERSELF at #1?

I admire and envy Dixie's carnyness.

I very seriously doubt Dixie sat down and made the top ten list herself.

Did TNA, an entity owned by the Carter family and managed by Dixie Carter, really create a list that put something involving her at #1? 

I can believe it. What else does Dixie have to do during business meetings besides sit in a corner with a coloring book while the grown-ups talk?

I wish I had saved more of my tapes of the block of wrestling back then. I remember a short lived tv show from when Tiny Frazier was trying to reopen Gulf Coast Championship Wrestling. Mike Boyette and Frazier were the only names.

I was going to make a joke about Mike Boyette not being a name but then it occurred to me that I've actually heard of him, which is more than can be said for Tiny Frazier.

Tiny is better known as Uncle Elmer or Plowboy Frazier.

Ah.  I stand corrected, then,

I can believe it. What else does Dixie have to do during business meetings besides sit in a corner with a coloring book while the grown-ups talk?

You have a point.