DVDVR Message Board

SON OF A~!

jaedmc

My favorite opening question is, "What's your favorite song for karaoke?"

The ones who get thrown by that are the people who, when you give them something they haven't prepared for, stumble and stammer, because A, they're in the mindset of trying to give me the answer they think I want rather than just telling me about themselves, and B, they're not quick enough on their feet to come back with a quick answer.

My immediate answer would be "Do I look like a man who does karaoke?"

"What does a man who does karaoke look like?"

My favorite opening question is, "What's your favorite song for karaoke?"

The ones who get thrown by that are the people who, when you give them something they haven't prepared for, stumble and stammer, because A, they're in the mindset of trying to give me the answer they think I want rather than just telling me about themselves, and B, they're not quick enough on their feet to come back with a quick answer.

My immediate answer would be "Do I look like a man who does karaoke?"

"What does a man who does karaoke look like?"

I attempted to do a google search. This is what I have found.

14406_909699799041455_544891690978968218

• Like 1

Fozzie:

If your doctor isn't giving you decent pain meds, get a different doctor. My back is in such a state that my old doc said it hurt just to look at the x-ray. I take about 120mgs of oxy per day and that keeps the pain down to a 1 or 2. No one should have to walk around enduring a constant 4.

What John said.

And yeah, after many years I think this is actually curtains for my relationship.  We are talking to our realtor about how we can try to recover our deposits for the townhouse we were building and terminate the contract.

I was really looking forward to trying to build a home for my kid (it is time to graduate from the apartment) and repair my ties with my now ex-girlfriend. I guess that's not going to happen.

What happens to a dream deferred? :(

Dude, sorry to hear that. I always kinda wondered about the whole "buying something with a girlfriend" deal, but it's not my place to say or even ask anything. I was rooting for you, but that's difficult.

And don't stress so much about graduating from the apartment. You live in a pretty high-dollar district. Things are expensive. Bajillions of people live in apartments. Some jam 5-6 people into a two-bedroom apartment. Could be worse. The person I share my duplex with has four people in a two-bedroom apartment wtih bathroom access only by going through the back bedroom.

Don't worry so much about what you can or can't do and ask yourself the question "am I doing the best I can?" Knowing what little I know of you, I bet the answer is "yes." What more can you do?

As amusing as all this has been, I fear that I must get us back on-topic with a hearty FUCK! GODDAMNIT!

One of our cats, the 16-month old neutered male, Twister has suddenly (over the last two weeks) decided that when he isn't getting his way or enough attention, the appropriate course of action is to pee on the bed... Obviously, this is unacceptable and all the more annoying as it means a trip to the laundry.

We have always had cats, and the herd has always included neutered males and we've never had this problem before. We currently have six males, two elder statesmen and the four musketeers, of which Twister is the eldest and leader. Not only do we want to correct his behavior, we're worried that Jackpot, Seven, and Newt might start following his lead... Anyone have any experience with this sort of problem and fixing it? No suggestions of re-homing or taking him back to the pound, we love the little guy and other than this recent bizarre behavior, he's a really sweet and affectionate cat. This being NM, leaving him outside all the time isn't practical either, though I'm thinking that some of this acting out may be related to wanting out at odd hours and our not waking up to comply with his wishes, so I'm thinking a cat door might help.

Even though there are 13 cats in this triplex, it ain't a territory or pecking order thing. Our two elder guys are 16 and don't really give a crap about such things any longer and the neighbor's un-fixed three year-old is pretty much the alpha male. This seems pretty much, "if I don't get what I want RIGHT FUCKING NOW, than piss on you!" sort of thing and it needs to stop, stat.

Any thoughts?

Maybe add another litter box. Peaches used to refuse to pee in the litter box when we had one box. I think it began when we got Peanut. Three cats and one box did not fly with her. Didn't you say you recently picked up another cat or two? That may be the issue right there. Just need another box or two and see what happens.

If someone came in and said "Developing your brand is different than marketing your brand. I think developing your brand, you have to know what you stand for, you know, what are your goals. What are you trying to achieve? Then you need to make sure you know your audience. Who are you trying to engage, what are you trying to get them to do and how are your reaching them. What are the relevant platforms, you know, are they on particular social platforms, are they watching television, what day parts? So know your audience, know how to communicate your messaging and know what you want them to do and then activate. You have to activate and you have to have a brand that’s worthwhile. You need to make sure that you’re delivering quality results" I would send them on their way and tell HR, "Never again, this person."

Open up your laptop, google a picture of Mandy Pantinkin in Princess Bride, show it to them and tell them you don't think those words mean what they think they mean.

About the Karaoke question, What do you do if someone actually starts singing Bat Out of Hell, instead of just saying it?

Cris also told me on GTA one time, he asks people when James T Kirk's birthday is.

Open up your laptop, google a picture of Mandy Pantinkin in Princess Bride, show it to them and tell them you don't think those words mean what they think they mean.

About the Karaoke question, What do you do if someone actually starts singing Bat Out of Hell, instead of just saying it?

Listen. I've got my laptop with me in those interviews. I can and will fire up a youtube video and turn the sound on if people wanna go for it.

Cris also told me on GTA one time, he asks people when James T Kirk's birthday is.

That was on the written assessment, and my boss told me to take that one out. "I'm not against hiring nerds. I'm just saying let's not eliminate the non-nerds from contention."

That's a good idea. I only have one cat, but when I moved into a house with another cat, she started shitting on the rug in the living room until I put a second box in another room. When I moved back into my own place, one box worked just fine again.

The general litterbox rule for multiple cats is one for every cat plus one. So, I have two cats and three litterboxes.

In 7 years, my cat has peed on the bed three times.  Each time, I took her to the vet to make sure it wasn't a UTI or something.  On the last occasion the vet basically said any number of things can make a cat do this.  Sickness, age, being moody, unhappy with the litterbox situation, etc, etc.  She said even something as simple as looking out the window and seeing another cat walk through the yard (she's strictly an inside cat) if she's territorial enough.  She said the long and short of it was that if was a UTI or something treatable then they could help..........otherwise we may never know. 

She hasn't done it in quite some time.  After the last time I bought a new mattress (an expensive solution but I needed one because it was old anyway so it was justifiable), put not one but two good quality mattress guards on it, the kind that goes on under the sheets, like a fitted sheet, and hope she's got it out of her system. 

Much like you, OSJ, getting rid of her was NEVER an option.  She's my sidekick and I wouldn't trade her for the world, so she's a lifer. 

Yeah, have always gone with the multiple litter boxes, which we clean twice daily. The gang also has indoor/outdoor privileges all day and until we go to bed (usually 2AM or thereabouts) so it isn't a question of being overly fastidious about the poop boxes. We also considered the addition of little Newt as being a source of stress, but Twister digs the little guy, so that's not the problem, either. The "four musketeers" all get along famously and generally all sleep together, so it doesn't seem to be a territorial thing. That's why we're just beside ourselves... I'm thinking a cat door is the only solution, and I'm not real thrilled about that as the neighbor's cat will mark territory if he's not watched closely. He's theoretically 86'd from here, but he's crafty enough to sneak in when we're not watching. That's the dilemma with putting in the cat door, we trade the probability of Twister not peeing on the bed for the risk of Socks coming in and pissing who-knows-where (at least we can close off the library). Unfortunately, the whole bunch are all friendly with each other and think that both domiciles are shared habitats so the neighbors cats come in to our place and our bunch goes over there, so it's not like we can count on any of our gang to guard the place while we sleep... Yeah, the cat door is looking like the only option and even that plan comes with built-in flaws... Damn cats...