DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

If you're trying to find rational behind anything that the usual suspects (cool arrow, Nate, etc) post in regards to TNA, GOOD LUCK. I've tried for years.

Ripping on TNA and promising each other that the company is gonna die is how they get their jollies. Its the cool thing to do.

Despite the countless times they've been proven dead wrong.

Announcing? Booking? Production values?

I mean, without going through an entire analysis of TNA, let's not kid ourselves here. Taz and Tenay are the worst announce team on television, and have been for years now, with no sort of improvement or attempt to. Do I really need to explain how awful the booking is? Production values haven't changed, they still look minor league despite being in business for 12 years and having a national TV deal. Their one saving grace is the actual wrestling, and I'd still rank WWE's product ahead of theirs. They had the Thursday night primetime slot for years and have done nothing. I think it's time for them to move on and let someone else have a shot.

Announcing? Booking? Production values?

I mean, without going through an entire analysis of TNA, let's not kid ourselves here. Taz and Tenay are the worst announce team on television, and have been for years now, with no sort of improvement or attempt to. Do I really need to explain how awful the booking is? Production values haven't changed, they still look minor league despite being in business for 12 years and having a national TV deal. Their one saving grace is the actual wrestling, and I'd still rank WWE's product ahead of theirs. They had the Thursday night primetime slot for years and have done nothing. I think it's time for them to move on and let someone else have a shot.

You're absolutely correct on the announcing and I've been saying it for years. Tenay and Taz are beyond awful.

I actually thought the production values were good when Bischoff was executive producer. He did a lot to help the pacing of the show.

I agree with you about Tenay and Taz. You don't have to explain what's awful about the booking, but it would help me understand, because to me it had been pretty solid from Slammiversary to now. Production values could indeed improve, but they're not anywhere near minor league. They're probably never going to match what WWE's production and they really don't need to. Besides PPVs and NXT, WWE rarely delivers the match quality on TV that TNA does on a weekly basis. If this was 2013 or pre Slammiversary (minus a few exceptions) I'd agree with you, but I just don't see it that way now right now.

What do you find awful enough about the current product to warrant the whole promotion closing down completely?

Because they've turned themselves into a lame duck promotion for years. They've stigmatized themselves to the point that nobody buys their pay-per-views, goes to their house shows, and they've managed to draw the same ratings ECW did 15 years ago.

. Besides PPVs and NXT, WWE rarely delivers the match quality on TV that TNA does on a weekly basis. 

TNA's match quality, if one were to base it on this week's show, isn't much to speak of. A bunch of 5 minute matches. The build to them were better than the matches themselves, and in some cases, lasted longer.

What do you find awful enough about the current product to warrant the whole promotion closing down completely?

Instead of trying to be an alternative, they've settled on being a WWE knockoff.  They're run by a dumb money mark who just wants to be on TV above all else, so much so that a sale of the company fell through because of it.  Said money mark ran the company like a charity until her mama stepped in and put a stop to it.  They employed Vince Russo long after the entire industry realized how horrible and untalented he is, to the point where they fucked themselves by lying to a broadcast partner about it.

That's just off the top of my head.  I'd list some more but LOLTNA is offline right now.

to the point where they fucked themselves by lying to a broadcast partner about it.

Don't you realize how ridiculous that entire premise is at this point?

Poor policies and turnaround on paying talent and crew. Not covering medical (but that's a SOP for wrestling companies, so I guess that's accepted now). Otherwise being a company whose continued existence is a lasting lesson in failing forward.

to the point where they fucked themselves by lying to a broadcast partner about it.
Don't you realize how ridiculous that entire premise is at this point?

If TNA's relationship with Spike is so good, then why haven't they signed a new TV deal? Isn't the fact that they needed an extension on the old deal instead of having a new one in place by now potentially a bad sign?

Because if Spike was as pIssed about Russo, being lied to, etc as Meltzer and co. made them out to be, they would have kicked them the fuck off the air and not looked back.

No, instead they gave them a 3 month extension. Clearly not how a pissed off be network acts about supposedly being lied to.

So whatever happened with the Russo situation-- it wasn't as big of a deal as the usual suspects made it out to be-- to the shock of no one except the usual suspects.

I think Bound For Glory airs the same day on tape delay.

Jeff Hardy might be able to leave the country now.

The prevailing thought by way too many that if TNA goes under then pro wrestling is better off is so flawed.  Pro wrestling didn't get better when WCW and ECW went under.  The fanbase just got smaller and a lot of good talent just slipped through the cracks.

Without TNA more good talents would've fallen through the cracks.  TNA's small but it's quite a bit larger than the next step down.  It's provided an opportunity for exposure that most wrestlers wouldn't have gotten otherwise.  If a lot of the talents that have recently parted ways with TNA hadn't spent that time with TNA then they probably wouldn't be able to get what they're getting on the indies now.

And TNA's existence doesn't preclude any other promotion's success.  There is no network exec sitting around saying, "Shit, if Spike wasn't airing TNA we could've signed up that company with the ants wrestling in slow motion."

Yes, TNA's horribly run.  Completely incompetent in so many aspects.  The fact that another wrestling company hasn't been able to step up and surpass them says far more about the current wrestling landscape than it does TNA.

• Like 1

I think Bound For Glory airs the same day on tape delay.

Jeff Hardy might be able to leave the country now.

Yeah, it'll air on a 12 hour delay at the normal PPV start time on 10/12.

Apparently he can go to Japan, but not the UK. I don't know why.

But to suggest that they fucked themselves because of the Russo thing is so dumb.

Want to know why the sheetwriters say so? Because among other people, Vince Russo & AJ Styles said that was the case. At this point you either have to be delusional or trolling.

Or option C, you're a clueless moron. Not only did everything I said go completely over your head (no surprise) but Russo never said such a thing.

What he did say was that John Gaburick informed him as far back as January, that Spike was aware of Russo's involvement and were "cool with it."