DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

Pelessaria B'Sayle? They gave her name so wacky that it is obvious that the nickname came first?

Naturally the devs will make her Biotic powers so strong, that you cannot help but make her a mandatory squadie.

It's no more wacky than other famous Bs, such as World B'Free and Al B'Sure.

• Like 1

For anyone wondering how much analysis you can reasonably do on 4 seconds of footage... you can do about six minutes worth. Looks really good though. And it looks like Biotic Flare and Nova are in, in multiplayer at least.

I will be paying off my DE copy with my next paycheck as well as getting an XB1 headset on the cheap.

I will see you fuckers in the void on launch day.  First one to finish campaign mode will have obviously have rushed through the game.

My wife and I already had my first fight over the game as per usual she expects me to wait for the campaign so she can watch me play and I already explained that I am home from work the Wednesday after it comes out and I am not going an entire day not playing it. (Granted I could play MP - but I will light myself on fire the second some 16 year old who stayed away for 36 straight hours spoils it)

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

My wife and I already had my first fight over the game as per usual she expects me to wait for the campaign so she can watch me play and I already explained that I am home from work the Wednesday after it comes out and I am not going an entire day not playing it. (Granted I could play MP - but I will light myself on fire the second some 16 year old who stayed away for 36 straight hours spoils it)

Your OCD will not allow you to play co-op before getting in at least eight hours of campaign mode.

I have an extra week of vacation I've gotta take before the end of March, so I'm using one day for Mass Effect release date.  I think the last time I did that for a game was San Andreas.  That reminds me, I probably ought to get round to ordering this.

I have a feeling it will be forever before I finish the campaign, so I'll probably end up avoiding this thread for a long time after the release.

ASARI SWORD~????

WHY ISN'T IT MARCH YET~??

I usually suck with Biotics, but damned if that video didn't make me want to be a Vanguard so I could Biotic Charge into large alien animals and kill them.

Then I remember that Veelox's favorite class was the Vanguard and I am like, "Yeah.  I wonder what grenades the Infiltrator will get in this game?"

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

ASARI SWORD~????

WHY ISN'T IT MARCH YET~??

I usually suck with Biotics, but damned if that video didn't make me want to be a Vanguard so I could Biotic Charge into large alien animals and kill them.

Then I remember that Veelox's favorite class was the Vanguard and I am like, "Yeah.  I wonder what grenades the Infiltrator will get in this game?"

With the way abilities are working in this it looks like you can manage a decent mix and match.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For what it's worth, I'm planning on opening with Multiplayer too, and me and you could just play a low level private game for a while.

This is how crazy I am - since I didn't play the MP in ME3 until I beat the SP - I missed the first couple of special weekend events they ran

So I never got those acknowledgments on the N7 page and I never ever would be able to.

And the still TAUNT me

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Dan is gonna preemptively hate the game for removing SMGs

*shrug* eh. Got no problems with that. I loved my Hurricane, but if I just wanted to play more ME3 multiplayer, I'd just, well, play more ME3 multiplayer.

After watching the video, I have some thoughts.

1. Love the different styles of weapons based on different cultures. That's a clever touch. 

2. I have a minor concern with the sheer number of powers available to you. It feels like should, in theory, just make yourself so decked out nothing feels like a legitimate challenge to you. AKA, The Fallout/Skyrim problem, were the game could go from "too hard" to "boringly easy" at a certain point. Dragon Age: Inquisition even felt that way once you really stacked your character up. Sometimes limitations are good. 

That said, my biggest problem with DA: 2 and  DA: I was how much they dumbed down leveling up your characters after DA:O, so I'm being a little hypocritical here. Basically, it's a concern, but not a major one, yet.

3. I'm still somewhat concerned what the more open world will do to Multiplayer, which is why I think ME3 is still a top 10 game for me all time. The structure they built was really fun, and it feels like they are going to have to completely changed it. How are characters going to be built? Just have limitations dropped on them like how you had less powers to choose from in ME3? 

4. From a pure logical standpoint, if the tech existed to be able to hover in combat, why the fuck were we not using that in ME3? Yes, I know overly critical nitpick, let's continue.

5. Fucking Asari Sword man.

6. I'm totally rocking a Tactical Cloak Nova build, for shits and giggles.

Not seeing Warp or Dark Channel on the Biotic list. Those were my two favourites. How are we to cause Biotic explosions with just Lift and Pull?

1 hour ago, El Dragon said:

4. From a pure logical standpoint, if the tech existed to be able to hover in combat, why the fuck were we not using that in ME3? Yes, I know overly critical nitpick, let's continue.

Different engine probably makes it easier to pull off. From a lore pov the tech may have just not been developed yet.

19 minutes ago, AxB said:

Not seeing Warp or Dark Channel on the Biotic list. Those were my two favourites. How are we to cause Biotic explosions with just Lift and Pull?

I thought they mentioned warp in the video?

17 hours ago, El Dragon said:

They are leaving after ME 2 though. So unless they find it as soon as they arrive, or its a bit of a plot hole.

How so? Whose to say they would share what they developed with the rest of the galaxy. This is privately funded. Whats more there are at least two long living races that may have not been sleeping the entirety trip, if sleeping at all. Also humanity is the last to arrive with the Nexus ship arriving earlier than any of the colony ships. We don't know how far ahead they were of everyone else.

In the trailer, floating rocks. Maybe they do find Anti-Grav stuff as soon as they arrive. There were a few characters in ME3 multiplayer who had jump technology, like the Turian Havoc, and Cerberus troops often arrived by dropping in with jets to slow their landings, so it's not a huge leap to say that basically Shepard was a hard cover person, and Ryder is a run and gun person.

Do you think you can change Sara to make her into Winona Ryder? Because whatever happens, I'm changing Alec's name to Horst.

7 hours ago, AxB said:

In the trailer, floating rocks. Maybe they do find Anti-Grav stuff as soon as they arrive. There were a few characters in ME3 multiplayer who had jump technology, like the Turian Havoc, and Cerberus troops often arrived by dropping in with jets to slow their landings, so it's not a huge leap to say that basically Shepard was a hard cover person, and Ryder is a run and gun person.

Do you think you can change Sara to make her into Winona Ryder? Because whatever happens, I'm changing Alec's name to Horst.

I think I might name my Ryder "Dave," for obvious reasons.

"Flint Ironstag! Gristle McThornbody! Big McLargeHuge!"

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:39 PM, AxB said:

Lift and Pull were primers not detonators, so you couldn't cause Biotic Explosions with that combo.  The other powers have to be there somewhere.

Before all of the new fangled ME3  powers, you either had to follow up with Throw or Warp for a Biotic Power Combo. 

The whole battle with the YMIR Mech in ME2 was a big tutorial on getting down Miranda and Jacob's timing so that you could use the Pull / Warp combo to destroy the mech's armor.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, AxB said:

They mentioned Annihilation Shield (not field) and Singularity. I always used to Warp my Singularities.

Singularities naturally detonate after the timer is up also, but it was better to use Warp because of the power evolution that allowed it to cause more force with a combo explotion.

The list of Biotics on the video is (and there's no empty slots, so this might be literally everything Ryder can do Biotically):

• Pull
  • Throw
  • Charge
  • Nova
  • Shockwave
  • Annihilation
  • Backlash
  • Singularity
  • Lance
  • Barrier (Passive)
  • Offensive Biotics (Passive)
  • Containment (Passive)

So I'm guessing Charge, Nova, Shockwave and maybe Lance are the Detonators, whilst Pull and Singularity are the Primers. And there's no Lift, which I didn't notice before.