DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Things you guys need to remember.

1. GRABS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS.

2. The No Revive List is a living document.

3. If you die in a horrible spot on the map because of a complete tactical miscue or gross error in judgment, It is very likely you will be left to bleed out.  It is not personal.

4. If Rippa is playing a Krogan, he will steal your kills.  It is personal.  Steal them back.

5. Improper use of Cryo Ammo is punishable by possible de-friending.

Now I'm kinda glad to have been on Playstation rather than X-Box. I'd have hit the the No Revive list so hard.

4 minutes ago, Ace said:

Now I'm kinda glad to have been on Playstation rather than X-Box. I'd have hit the the No Revive list so hard.

Everyone hits the No Revive List so hard.   I have been on it quite a few times myself.

30 minutes ago, J.T. said:

4. If Rippa is playing a Krogan, he will steal your kills.  It is personal.  Steal them back.

A Krogan's job is to make sure things die.

Don't hate me because I am good at my job

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

A Krogan's job is to make sure things die.

Don't hate me because I am good at my job

We will see if you keep your positive attitude the first time I get my hands on Cryo Ammo and a good sniper rifle.

I don't think I ever hit the no revive list, but I also killed the hell out of things to a point where I might have been one of the more necessary members of my random teams most of the time.

You have to understand - JT is the only one with a No Revive List

And he is irrational about it

THAT GUY KILLED 5 GUYS! I ONLY KILLED 4!
FUCK HIM!!!!
HE JUST MADE THE LIST!!!

So then my ass has to wade through three different fire fights to pick up the rest of the squad

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

3. If you die in a horrible spot on the map because of a complete tactical miscue or gross error in judgment, It is very likely you will be left to bleed out.  It is not personal.

5. Rippa willlikely find a way to get killed right before extraction. Make sure someone is standing next to him when about to beam up.

6. I will die often, usually on my flank, because i did not listen to DI JT.

7. If you Leeroy Jenkins, not everyone will immediately follow you. 

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

You have to understand - JT is the only one with a No Revive List

And he is irrational about it

THAT GUY KILLED 5 GUYS! I ONLY KILLED 4!
FUCK HIM!!!!
HE JUST MADE THE LIST!!!

So then my ass has to wade through three different fire fights to pick up the rest of the squad

That is total bullshit.  There have been plenty of nights where the player that cost you a Grab opportunity or one too many Krogan charge melee kills has been left to bleed in the street.

We won't even factor in dudes who are out killing when they should be helping with the hack and God forbid someone shut the reactor door when you are inside the reactor.  He may as well be prepared to use all of his Medi-Gel.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

list_zpsqvqvwucb.jpg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

7. If you Leeroy Jenkins, not everyone will immediately follow you. 

Translation:  If you are a kill stealing douchebag Vanguard who likes to spam Biotic Charge and you routinely die when trying to wipe out entire groups of enemies because you are a point hogging fucktard, do not expect rescue if you die in a horrible spot.

This is also known as The Veelox Rule.

Oh no - the dudes not helping with the hack can go Fuck themselves

But there are countless dudes that you yell at over party chat (so clearly they cant hear you) who have grieved you in some way that amuse me to no end

10 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

list_zpsqvqvwucb.jpg

If only this were actual merch.  And we've got jokes now.

Hey, Comedian. Did you know that hard cover protects you from bullets?  No bullshit!

Have you ever noticed that the less you die, the less I yell?

Fact:  If you ever hear Mark say the words, "Uh, oh..." in chat, your next statement should be, "How many enemies are near your corpse?"

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I am going to mark the fuck out the first time we are in a group with HiTechWise again

The dude has never said a word to me and I love him like family.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh no - the dudes not helping with the hack can go Fuck themselves

But there are countless dudes that you yell at over party chat (so clearly they cant hear you) who have grieved you in some way that amuse me to no end

Does this sound familiar? WHICH ONE OF YOU CRYO AMMO SHOOTING MOTHER FUCKERS FUCKED UP MY GRAB~??

Hint:  It wasn't me.

17 hours ago, El Dragon said:

...Who uses Cryo ammo anyway? It's awful.

It is almost an essential if you're feeling brave and are trying to do Gold or Platinum. 

Any edge you can get in the Crowd Control department is welcomed.

Yes, elemental ammo can be problematic but ONLY if you depend on it for tech burst primer, which you shouldn't.  Regardless of the level of your elemental ammo power, it will only produce a Level 1 tech burst if used as a primer and the debuff timer on ammo is shit, so if your detonator power is not already up you can kiss the tech burst opportunity goodbye.  This is bad.

Prime and detonate with your powers PERIOD. 

Cryo Ammo is there for those oh shit moments when your cooldown hasn't quite cycled back yet and when I rolled as an N7 Paladin, it was my third favorite ammo power behind Drill Rounds and AP Ammo..

I got pretty good at freezing things with my Cryo Ammo shotty while waiting for Snap Freeze / Energy Drain to recycle and smashing what didn't die after blam blam blam with my Cryo Buff Omni-Shield.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JT swore by it for his Winter Soldier build

I had people PM me after matches to ask about my N7 Paladin build because it was so beast and ridiculously game breaking and cheesy. 

It is buried somewhere in the old ME thread or it may have gotten eaten by one of the previous board crashes.

No sense in posting it now since we're in the advent of the new shiny ME co-op system.

On 3/1/2017 at 2:41 PM, J.T. said:

It is almost an essential if you're feeling brave and are trying to do Gold or Platinum. 

Any edge you can get in the Crowd Control department is welcomed.

Yes, elemental ammo can be problematic but ONLY if you depend on it for tech burst primer, which you shouldn't.  Regardless of the level of your elemental ammo power, it will only produce a Level 1 tech burst if used as a primer and the debuff timer on ammo is shit, so if your detonator power is not already up you can kiss the tech burst opportunity goodbye.  This is bad.

Prime and detonate with your powers PERIOD. 

Cryo Ammo is there for those oh shit moments when your cooldown hasn't quite cycled back yet and when I rolled as an N7 Paladin, it was my third favorite ammo power behind Drill Rounds and AP Ammo..

I got pretty good at freezing things with my Cryo Ammo shotty while waiting for Snap Freeze / Energy Drain to recycle and smashing what didn't die after blam blam blam with my Cryo Buff Omni-Shield.

I had people PM me after matches to ask about my N7 Paladin build because it was so beast and ridiculously game breaking and cheesy. 

It is buried somewhere in the old ME thread or it may have gotten eaten by one of the previous board crashes.

No sense in posting it now since we're in the advent of the new shiny ME co-op system.

As someone who does play Gold decently frequently, I disagree in the regard that if you are gonna go elemental ammo over Armor Piercing (Which is unquestionably the best in the game), then it has to be Incendiary. Rapid Fire Gun + high level Incendiary Rounds = Molten Death for any enemies. It's not about the explosion there, it's just about the flat +30% damage per shot with 30 damage over time for EVERY BULLET. Add that onto a Hurricane or Revenant. Things melt.

Basically, Gold to me is "how quickly can you kill" were as Cryo rounds plays to "keep me alive longer" The best way to control a crowd on gold is to kill them faster. 

Also, still hate you for having a god damned Paladin.