DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT 4 (and beyond)

Ace

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

None of these things are surprises.  There would be geek riots in every major city if the Hyperion wasn't an ark of the Milky Way's various Mass Effect races.

Rippa alone would cause several dollars in property damage if there were no Quarians aboard.

Seriously, the only videogame moment that legit hurt my soul was when I made the decision that made Tali take a header off a cliff.  Tali was my Mass Effect girlfriend, and I betrayed her and the entire Quarian race.  I know she felt like a black woman who married a white dude who eventually voted for Donald Trump.  I turned the Xbox off before it saved, because I felt so guilty.  

I'm glad the Quarians are back, maybe, just maybe I'll be able to make amends.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

None of these things are surprises.  There would be geek riots in every major city if the Hyperion wasn't an ark of the Milky Way's various Mass Effect races.

Rippa alone would cause several dollars in property damage if there were no Quarians aboard.

Its not. The Hyperion strictly speaking is for humanity. Each ark is for a council race though each likely has some from outside the species aboard them. Its already been said not every species would be returning in Andromeda (at least not the first game). That is why some were worried about the Quarians. That, said I think the only race confirmed to not be in for sure right now are the Geth.

21 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its not. The Hyperion strictly speaking is for humanity.

I was using "ark" in the most general sense while forgetting that its meaning is very specific in the game.  I think that supremebve understood what I was driving at.

4 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

For the record, if you want to stay as spoiler free as possible, stay fucking far away from IGN.

I make it a point to never ever go to IGN 30 days before release date of a game I want to play and I don't go back until I am ready for my "do everything possible" playthrough.

You know ... I always wonder how the fuck you have all this time to do everything on this board plus time to play everything you do.  And then you say shit like this and it totally makes sense and it makes me jealous and angry.  I really need to upgrade apartments to one that affords me room for a man cave.  

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

So, we have our first multiplayer character confirmations

Hide contents

Krogan Engineer (Female Krogan, powers of Incinerate, Overload, and and Assault Turret)

Asari Duelist (powers of Charge, Backlash, and Lance)

Pretty sure a couple of human characters were confirmed as well. They have been upping one pic a day on twitter for around a week now.

1 minute ago, El Dragon said:

Aaah, gotcha, thought you were planning on playing on the One, which might be a case of me having bad memories. 

I was contemplating getting one not that long ago (and think I mentioned that in this thread somewhere, which is probably why you remember that), but yeah. . .can't swing it at the present time.

13 hours ago, El Dragon said:

So, we have our first multiplayer character confirmations

Reveal hidden contents

Krogan Engineer (Female Krogan, powers of Incinerate, Overload, and and Assault Turret)

Asari Duelist (powers of Charge, Backlash, and Lance)

So what you're saying is,

Spoiler

I will be tinkering with the Duelist first because ASARI SWORD~!!

So, we got our first real video about the details about Mass Effect Multiplayer. Spoiler tagging it just in case as there is some very minor main quest stuff, but still.

Basically confirmed what we were all expecting: Still just co-op, 4 person groups. Power Setup is very similar to ME:3 It's not REALLY news, but it's nice to get some look at the Multiplayer layout.

Sounds good to me. They'll expand solidly over time. 

I'll give Bioware a ton of credit for this, as they've done a clever thing to market specifically to Bioware fans: Take the most prominent Mass Effect Youtubers (and there are a lot of them who are pretty well liked in the community), bring them in to play the game early, and use there reactions to try to convince everyone "Hey, We got it right, see!?" This video is pretty great hype.

Minius only started his channel in June of 2015. A whole year after Co-Oping Towards Hatred. If only Big Fresh had thought to make a Mass Effect history and lore channel (instead of a co-op let's play channel), he could have had his hands on Andromeda already.