DVDVR Message Board

JUNE PHOTO THREAD

Given all in the interest Devitt entrance from yesterday:

There isn't a person on this board who wouldn't wear that jacket as much as humanly possible, given the chance.

I'm kind of disappointed that he missed the perfect opportunity to bust out a backbreaker or two during that entrance.

• Like 1

The difference between Devitt and most of what Matt posted is that Matt's stuff was 90% gimmick, whereas Devitt's gimmick is cosplaying.

It is not though.

Michael_collins_dvd.jpg

"Dave Meltzer is the pinnacle of wrestling journalism!"

No Bleacher Report and Masked Man are. The paradigm has changed, brother.

rovert's doing a parody of someone, right? Maybe JKPURO/Jason Kreitzer?

Or simply most of this thread it is as funny as some are acting. The funnier aspects of Irish stereotype gimmicks haven't been hit upon. Just the lame dull stuff.

The difference between Devitt and most of what Matt posted is that Matt's stuff was 90% gimmick, whereas Devitt's gimmick is cosplaying.

How is it cosplaying? Most of the time he takes it all off or breaks character.

Leva Bates does a cosplay gimmick too but she sticks the character.

The whole cosplay labelling is more from Yanks looking from the outside in. Simply Devitt is dressing up here. 

Not really. It is easy enough to see though the poorly executed references (Michael Collin wut?) and poor jokes. Especially yours, Matt D.

Continue google imaging Wrestlers dressing up and shoehorning posts around it though. Great stuff that.

How is it cosplaying? Most of the time he takes it all off or breaks character.

Leva Bates does a cosplay gimmick too but she sticks the character.

Sticks the character of the cosplayer gimmick, or the character she's dressed as?

I'm an uber-casual fan of anything, so if cosplayers are actually running around outside pretending to be whomever and not just getting pictures taken/taking part in a costume contest, that's above my nerd interest pay grade.

Sticks the character of the cosplayer gimmick, or the character she's dressed as?

I'm an uber-casual fan of anything, so if cosplayers are actually running around outside pretending to be whomever and not just getting pictures taken/taking part in a costume contest, that's above my nerd interest pay grade.

Haven't thoroughly read up on it but cosplay is about "playing" a character it is not fancy dress. 

But anyway I don't understand why Matt D is continues to "act out" the way he does when no amount of googing imaging or grab bag referencing Irish tings will out do what Devitt posted himself:

Bpc8TJdIgAAeO3z.jpg

Top o' the mornin to ye! What do you think of ME new look? @WWESheamus @BeckyLynchWWE @PaulTraceyLOTM @RossBrowne1 pic.twitter.com/qF6GYZoNSW

If this is his WWE gimmick I will be more than happy.