DVDVR Message Board

2014 NBA Playoffs - Round of 4

Dolfan in NYC

There is no way that pairing on the Wiz doesn't end in at least 1 of the longest suspensions in league history, no way Stephenson doesn't brutalize Swaggy during a game or at practice.

Win or lose this series is going to end me.

Heat played supreme defense in the final minutes of the 4th quarter of game 2.  Roy and Lance played well for the majority of the game, but it was much more difficult for them to get their shots off in the 4th.  Everyone else on the Pacers could not get open.

Spo stopped being cute and leaned on Birdman until he almost fell over.  He had to do it.  Norris Cole's pick and roll defense was way better than Chalmers' and he took his minutes.  Those two were huge for the Heat on the defensive end.

Edited by _MJ_

At one point last season, the best closing lineup for Miami was LeBron/Bosh/Birdman/Cole/Allen.  Birdman doesn't get enough credit for being so active in the paint and causing chaos.  Cole isn't as talented as Chalmers, but he plays with more control. Putting Haslem into the starting lineup was a good move.

I can't believe there's three days between games, though that's advantage Miami to rest Wade's knees and LeBron/Birdman in general.

I'm tired of the flopping arguments to be honest. Everyone really does it. It's league wide.

LeBron is a pretty bad flopper in my opinion and it's notable because he's the face of the league, but there are also people scrutinizing every play and contact he has unlike Joe Schmo from random lottery team.

Also, am I correct that no one hear has brought up that Wade-George collision where Wade's knee (completely accidentally) nailed George in the back of the head?

This year? Probably but as a Heat fan I'll list Battier, although I'm sure he'll do something to get off the list at some point, hopefully.

This is neither here nor there but thanks to bbal-ref I've learned that one of Perkins' nicknames is "Swamp Thang" which is so much better than Perk it's crazy. OKC (or whatever team he's on next year) needs to do a nickname jersey game so I can buy a Swamp Thang jersey.