DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: COMBAT TOYODA

RIPPA

It was tough choosing the female rep for FMW but I felt it most fitting to use Combat... especially because this is her retirement match.

Am I alone in really missing FMW? I still think Onita is one of the best mic workers ever, even though I could only understand about 10% of what he was saying... Aja vs Combat was just wonderful.

I've been going to Japan every year to meet and hang out with old FMW wrestlers and still run a website based off those wrestlers so no you are not the only one who misses FMW OSJ. I met Combat Toyoda in 2011. She has a Korean BBQ resturant way out in Chiba. It was one of the highlights of that trip.

It was tough choosing the female rep for FMW but I felt it most fitting to use Combat... especially because this is her retirement match.

I'd have gone with the obvious and picked Megumi Kudo so that Fresh could shrink in terror as plasma gushed freely from her cranium.

Still, Mother-In-Law could whoop some ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=344BcOwTCkI

There are few things I love more than pro wrestling matches where the beatdown starts before the timekeeper rings the bell.

Am I alone in really missing FMW?

It is a horrible world since we all can no longer share in the joy of watching Mr. Gannosuke break someone's arm.

• Like 1

I am still fuzzy on how she got her nickname.  I assume she got it because of the running joke that she's the person you least want to see at your doorstep.

My first exposure to the retirement match (which is amazing) and Joshi in general was on a used VHS of Stranglemania 2 I bought in a pawn shop which had ICP rewinding the part where Combat gets dropped on her head over and over while laughing their asses off. I might hate ICP... but thank you, boys.

I am still fuzzy on how she got her nickname.  I assume she got it because of the running joke that she's the person you least want to see at your doorstep.

She got the nickname from a Hollywood writer for the TokyoPop series thought she looked like a mother in law due to her being big and unattractive. It was never an actual nickname in FMW.

She got the nickname from a Hollywood writer for the TokyoPop series thought she looked like a mother in law due to her being big and unattractive. It was never an actual nickname in FMW.

Unattractive?  I had fairly sketchy standards in my college years.  I am sure that back then, she'd have started to look acceptable after five beers, but brown liquor might have to come into play.

All big girls are freaks, too.  Huge factor in the drunken decision making process.

• Like 4

The fact that she might beat you to death with a ball-peen hammer should you be so ungentlemanly as to try and sneak out in the morning only adds to the allure.

I had never seen this before and I don't really know how to describe that match..

I've been going to Japan every year to meet and hang out with old FMW wrestlers and still run a website based off those wrestlers so no you are not the only one who misses FMW OSJ. I met Combat Toyoda in 2011. She has a Korean BBQ resturant way out in Chiba. It was one of the highlights of that trip.

(She appears about halfway through).

I'm with JT and OSJ on this one.  Not that I specifically prefer crazy violent fat chicks, but historical precedent suggests that they sure do seem to prefer me.  

I actually liked one part of the godawful TokyoPop storylines: that Kudo and Toyoda were former lovers.  For some reason that made the whole thing bizarrely more powerful.  I still wanna book a completely intergender federation where you could do REAL soap opera storylines.  Can you imagine "you cheated on me, you son of a bitch, so I'm gonna whip your ass in a steel cage!"?