DVDVR Message Board

Post an Interesting Picture

Guest The Magnificent 7

This picture was taken in 2005 at the Kidd Copper and Zinc mine in Timmins, Ontario showing how deep they have gone.

It shows the ore body, shafts, and workings of the time.

The model of the CN Tower in Toronto at the bottom of the picture has been used for scale.

When the mine closes in 2017 – the bottom of the mine will be closest anyone has been to the centre of the earth

FNThaCy.jpg

• Like 1

This picture was taken in 2005 at the Kidd Copper and Zinc mine in Timmins, Ontario showing how deep they have gone.

It shows the ore body, shafts, and workings of the time.

The model of the CN Tower in Toronto at the bottom of the picture has been used for scale.

When the mine closes in 2017 – the bottom of the mine will be closest anyone has been to the centre of the earth

FNThaCy.jpg

If they are not careful, they will come across a Balrog soon. . . 

• Like 2

About 10 years ago I went to Mumbai and Beijing on a week-long business trip. As bad as the pollution was in Beijing, it was even worse in Mumbai (the first leg of the trip) and so I was walking around Beijing happily breathing in air like I was in the Pennsylvania countryside. Long story short, I wound up dealing with a nasty respiratory infection for the next month or so after I got back to the States. Fun times.