DVDVR Message Board

So Kypreos is saying that both Toronto and Ottawa are looking at trading their captains: Dion Phaneuf and Jason Spezza.  Darren Dreger said the Leafs weren't shopping/hadn't talked about Phaneuf, because, of course, that's what Nonis would tell him to say.  Spezza seems the most likely to go, most likely to Anaheim.  

Though, this begs the question if a GM signs a player to a 7-year extension (Dion) and the new president decides it's a bad deal and wants to trade him before the first year of said extension, how does said president keep said GM around?

My favourite current rumor (Besides Marc Crawford coming to Florida...I have a soft spot for 90s coaches coming back) is that Pittsburgh might turf Dan Byslma to replace him with Mike Keenan.

I really just want Keenan back in the NHL: Keenan coaching Fleury would be amazing; Keenan coaching Luongo would be amazing; if somehow, by the grace of God, we were treated to Keenan and Tim Thomas, I hope someone would film all of it to make a reality series.

• Like 1

I love the idea of pittsburgh firing Bylsma and being immediatelt hired by the Capitals.

It almost sounds like it could be the Penguins firing Shero and Bylsma and both of them ending up in Washington!  Bob McKenzie just suggested that if Shero is fired, he might go right to Washington.

I also kind of think Vancouver might go with Mike Johnston as their head coach, or maybe an associate.

Interesting moves and non-moves with the Sharks: Doug Wilson and Todd McLellan stay, Boyle is gone, Havlat CBO'd, and Burns is shifting back to defence. I liked Burns as a forward but apparently Robinson wants him back on D. Wilson says he's open to moving anybody for the right price - typical GM talk.

I hope Shero signs with the Caps tomorrow. Get that guy off the market before he can even interview with the Canucks.

Oh, and Bettman and Daly were in Seattle talking to the mayor a few days ago. A team in Seattle would RULE.

and Burns is shifting back to defence. I liked Burns as a forward but apparently Robinson wants him back on D. 

I figure this comes down to Wilson going "We're gonna let Boyle go, [pulls up capgeek UFA list] and we can just sign a UFA Defenceman like- Oh my God! Kyle Quincey, Marek Zidlicky, Matt Niskanen...you know what, we'll move Burns back to defence and just sign a forward..."

Rumors are out there that the Penguins owner that's not Mario Lemieux wants Pat Brisson, Crosby's agent, to be the team's new GM.  Is there a rule against making an active player GM, maybe they should just put Crosby in charge...