DVDVR Message Board

GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING~! (The Jarrett Thread)

RIPPA

Oh shit, Detox never came out? Weren't there two singles released from it?

I believe he started work on it the first time in 2001.  Abandoned it, returned and basically started over years later (there was definitely one single released during that time period, maybe two) and then it just kinda...  stopped.

I loved last year when Snoop did a AMA, "When is Detox coming out" was one of the questions, and he was just "I have no fucking idea."

And...  Yup, still waiting Dre.

And that was Heltah Skeltah, bro.  Get it right.

I'm still not sure how it became a D.O.C. album.

The Rumor is DOC wanted to get back into rap after the car wreck that injured his vocal cords. Dre was against it so DOC took the Heltah Skeletah msters rerecorded them as his own songs and released the album on an independent label. Petty I know but it happened.

On that tip, god I wish the other 20ish songs Trent Reznor and Zach De La Rocha did together would see the light of day.

Holy shit. I had completely forgotten about that project.

I'm still waiting for the Deftones album, Eros that was shelved when their bass player, Chi Cheng was involved in a serious car accident.

• Like 1

On that tip, god I wish the other 20ish songs Trent Reznor and Zach De La Rocha did together would see the light of day.

I'd rather see Tapeworm get finished, personally.

How about the two follow-ups to Bowie's 1. Outside?

• Like 1

The Rumor is DOC wanted to get back into rap after the car wreck that injured his vocal cords. Dre was against it so DOC took the Heltah Skeletah msters rerecorded them as his own songs and released the album on an independent label. Petty I know but it happened.

Ok now explain Hittman to me. The guy is all over Chronic 2001 and then seemingly disappears.

Ok now explain Hittman to me. The guy is all over Chronic 2001 and then seemingly disappears.
Yeah I have no idea I liked Hittman that ones a mystery

You know, I don't think Ain't I Great ever got released...

I really wish the WWF had gone all out and just had Roadie record an entire album and released it. It might've actually done well too. "With My Baby Tonight" wasn't bad country fare.

I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about, but I am still waiting for the follow up to "With My Baby Tonight".

Actually, the Real Double J had a follow up single that he debuted with a live performance at the 1997 Slammy Awards. If you'll forgive the cheap plug, here's what I wrote about it in The Complete WWF Video Guide (http://getBook.at/WWFGuide4):

- ‘The Real Double J’ Jesse Jammes joins us next for the debut performance of his new single Something Gone Wrong. McMahon wonders if the title is a reference to the Slammys. At this point I’d probably make the joke about how I’m neither a fan of neither country OR western, but unlike his previous number With My Baby Tonight, Something Gone Wrong sounds more like Michael Bolton covering Pearl Jam, which might actually be worse. Adult contemporary grunge, anyone? Yeeuch!

After drifting through this thread, I have determined that, while we can talk wrestling all day long, my musical tastes would be mocked until I fled to the beaches of a lake under a mountain and lived forever in the inky blackness eating raw fish.

Yeah, that Jeff Jarrett is shits, isn't he?

After drifting through this thread, I have determined that, while we can talk wrestling all day long, my musical tastes would be mocked until I fled to the beaches of a lake under a mountain and lived forever in the inky blackness eating raw fish.

Yeah, that Jeff Jarrett is shits, isn't he?

For your money, does it get any better than when Michael Bolton sings "When a Man Loves a Woman"?

• Like 2