DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 32: PUNK vs. LESNAR

PUNK vs. LESNAR  

117 members have voted

1. 1. LULZ

Without going into... this we are doing in this thread, I voted Brock just because this is the year I stopped looking forward to seeing CM Punk. The same can't be said for Brock.

How many wrestlers are there where a match against CM Punk would be a more exciting thing to look forward to than a match against Brock Lesnar?

• Like 1

My son told me to vote CM Punk. He's too young to hate people for being human or standing up for their ideals against billionaires.

Now I have to take *spite vote against Jae* off of my checklist. Can't stay mad at ya, pal. Plus, *spite vote against Jae's son* just doesn't have the same ring to it.

My son told me to vote CM Punk. He's too young to hate people for being human or standing up for their ideals against billionaires.

Now I have to take *spite vote against Jae* off of my checklist. Can't stay mad at ya, pal. Plus, *spite vote against Jae's son* just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Spite votes are wasted in the first round. Wait until someone is more emotionally invested in the tournament before crushing them.

Without going into... this we are doing in this thread, I voted Brock just because this is the year I stopped looking forward to seeing CM Punk. The same can't be said for Brock.

How many wrestlers are there where a match against CM Punk would be a more exciting thing to look forward to than a match against Brock Lesnar?

I'd start with HHH, Taker, Show, Henry and go from there....

Pretty much any big guy, really.  Working with the super heavyweights is one of Punk's strong points and Brock should spend more time throwing bearded vegans around instead.

Pretty much any big guy, really.  Working with the super heavyweights is one of Punk's strong points.

You think Punk/Taker is more excited than Brock/Taker? Come on, man.

Pretty much any big guy, really.  Working with the super heavyweights is one of Punk's strong points.

Yeah, I've seen the other matchup too many times.  They so badly needed to run Taker/Cena and Brock/Bryan this year.  I'm starting to think we will never get Cena/Taker... 

Yeah, I've seen the other matchup too many times.  They so badly needed to run Taker/Cena and Brock/Bryan this year.  I'm starting to think we will never get Cena/Taker... 

But Punk/Taker was boring and predictable.

This is more of an over-arching thing rather than a point related specifically to this thread, but I don't get pity votes.

I understand "I'm going vote for the loser even though I know it's a lost cause because I think they were better." But I don't get "I'm going to vote for the loser because I feel bad for them. I'd vote for the other guy if it was close, though."

Why throw your vote away? What kind of statement are you really making, besides that you're wasteful? It's not like your pity vote is going to benefit said guy in any way whatsoever.... I have no idea why this thread elicited this response, but it's been on my mind for a couple of days.

*shrug*

Carry on.

I voted for Kana because Kana is awesome, even if she isn't more awesome than Seth Rollins.

I voted for Punk because he was a better wrestler in the voting period than Brock Lesnar.

I think it means something that the WrestleMania crowd, which I was part of couldn't get back up emotionally to give a shit about Triple H/Lesnar because Punk/Taker was so fucking great.

• Like 2

Also, it's a bit weird how someone quitting their job because they don't feel like they're being treated well enough makes someone an asshole of the highest order, completely unconcerned about the fans, but a performer endangering people in the audience because he doesn't give a shit about them is somehow spun as a positive.

The priorities of some people on this board are seriously fucked.

• Like 2

I know a lot of people are down on Punk right now but without Punk there is no Urn Anderson.

And without Brock there is no Heenan family promo over the summer with him yelling at Paul to "say something stupid!!"

Don't make me choose.

• Like 1

I think it means something that the WrestleMania crowd, which I was part of couldn't get back up emotionally to give a shit about Triple H/Lesnar because Punk/Taker was so fucking great.

I don't think Punk/Taker had much, if anything, to do with the crowd not giving a shit about HHH/Lesnar.

I enjoy the fact that we are now onto people being down on people who were down on the people that were mad at WWE for CM Punk quitting his job.  I eagerly await the next cycle of hate.  Regardless, I find Punk's volume of matches make me think less of him when I am usually in the quantity + quality > even better quality camp.  Like some of his performances were so off that I found myself being less and less enamored with the guy.  I don't think he really works a good 'best in the world' character and I think he's really exposed as not being on the same plain as the elite of the WWE roster.