DVDVR Message Board

Podcast Potpourri (aka Not Austin, AOW, Talk Is Jericho....)

Rev Ray

If only he watched ROH.  He could see Mark Briscoe shilling some of that Super Beta Prostate and be a changed man.  I really don't need to hear about him needing darks ever again.

Vader was a really fun show to listen to.

I don't try to do this a lot, but I would appreciate if you guys would give the podcast that I frequently listen to a shot. The information on it is in my signature.

I know it needs some work, but constructive feedback is always useful.

Why not post a link?  I've got sigs turned off, by habit.  

For some damn reason, I actually clicked on the Mark Madden episode of the Ross Report.  And ya know what?  I can't hate current-day Mark Madden the same way that I viscerally despised Madden-2000.  He's still a blustering prick, but at least he's willing to admit his mistakes.  Age and hindsight have provided him with at least a little bit of wisdom.  And I also noticed that Ed Ferrara had similarly matured.  Talking with JR, he openly says that the Oklahoma gimmick was a bad idea, performed poorly, and basically chalks it up to "young and stupid" syndrome.  It's kinda nice to know that some of our not-exactly-favorite perennial scapegoats truly can learn from their mistakes.  

So: WHY CAN'T VINCE RUSSO? He's still the exact same piece of lying shit that he was twenty years ago.  

Does anyone listen to Russo's podcast?  I'm looking at the description for this week's and it features Marc Mero telling a tale of being a Miami drug lord whose connections went as far as Colombia!  That's got to be awesome, right?

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!*

*pulls out Badd Blaster

• Like 6

Why not post a link?  I've got sigs turned off, by habit.  

For some damn reason, I actually clicked on the Mark Madden episode of the Ross Report.  And ya know what?  I can't hate current-day Mark Madden the same way that I viscerally despised Madden-2000.  He's still a blustering prick, but at least he's willing to admit his mistakes.  Age and hindsight have provided him with at least a little bit of wisdom.  And I also noticed that Ed Ferrara had similarly matured.  Talking with JR, he openly says that the Oklahoma gimmick was a bad idea, performed poorly, and basically chalks it up to "young and stupid" syndrome.  It's kinda nice to know that some of our not-exactly-favorite perennial scapegoats truly can learn from their mistakes.  

So: WHY CAN'T VINCE RUSSO? He's still the exact same piece of lying shit that he was twenty years ago.  

I forgot people turned off sigs here. I remember it being a bigger issue on the old green board, so I never think about it.

http://wrestlerevue.libsyn.com/

Petey (Pete) has been on a couple of eps as well that discussed some of the ROH glory years. Both are really good episodes as well. 

• Like 1

My main takeaway from Dixie on Ross is that she has a potty mouth.

She said "fuckin' " once. After spending years around wrestlers that's an amazing act of self control.

And it was the only moment where she came off as a real human being and not doing corporate yap yap.

Edit: What did Ross have to say about Phil Silvers?

• Like 1