DVDVR Message Board

THE DEAD CROCKETT CUP: BACKGROUND

RIPPA

Was there any internal debate over Kanyon and Bam Bam as 2/3 of the Jersey Triad vs Men at Work or was the whole point of this tourney to get Dean to react to Men at Work?

When we first started this - Kanyon/Bam Bam were in because Mark Starr had yet passed away (which shows you how long ago we started talking about it)

During the process, Starr died and Men At Work immediately went in because Ed and I are both MAW marks.

It was just a bonus for when trying to sort these teams into groups that we could have an entire Dean group

Was there any internal debate over Kanyon and Bam Bam as 2/3 of the Jersey Triad vs Men at Work or was the whole point of this tourney to get Dean to react to Men at Work?

When we first started this - Kanyon/Bam Bam were in because Mark Starr had yet passed away (which shows you how long ago we started talking about it)

During the process, Starr died and Men At Work immediately went in because Ed and I are both MAW marks.

It was just a bonus for when trying to sort these teams into groups that we could have an entire Dean group

You know what...I think, as a dumbass, after Starr died it was Kanyon I tried to have in twice - one in the Triad and one in MAW.

Then we probably got all confused with the Moondogs and shit was on.

Just a reminder - I will close the matchups sometime this afternoon.

I will probably do is sometime after lunch start looking through and all the clear cut groups I will shut down and then if there are any that are still close, let them go for a bit.

Since I want this done before March Madness - I am going to run the Round of 16 through the weekend but voting won't close until Monday afternoon, so you aren't boned if you don't check the board over the weekends.

I have closed Groups A, B, C and H since those votes are clear. The other four groups have close enough races to wait out a little so YOU VOTE CAN STILL COUNT!!!! (or something)

I will post those 4 results when I get home from work so around 5:30 EST

Unfortunately - there is no way for me to close the poll but keep the topic open. (At least none that I have figured out)

The Brackets so far are:

Andre/Baba (1A)

Tenta/Bravo (2B)

MVC (1C)

Von Erichs (2D)

Adonis/Murdoch (1E)

Garza/Fiera (2F)

Jumbo/Misawa (1G)

Link/Hercules (2H)

Dynamic Duo (1D)

Brody/Ladd (2C)

Owen/Davey (1B)

Adama/Yoko (2A)

Gringos Locos (1F)

Kimura/Go (2E)

Hennig/Gilbert (1H)
JYD/Buck (2G)

Edited by RIPPA
Completed Brackets

Rippa - question about this tournament. Are we supposed to consider the teams as they were when they actually teamed or consider their entire body of work? For example should we take Andre's whole career into account, or just the period when he and Baba teamed up?

Are all of you really struggling with Dynamic Duo vs. Brody/Ladd that match that is has like 15 less votes than all the other polls?

Come on people... get it together

I curse whoever made us discuss the Moondogs which segued into dead Hillbillies because now that fucking Hollywood Hillbillies ad keeps chasing me around the board.

Goddamn all of you.

I closed everything but Dynamic Duo vs. Brody/Ladd and Hennig/Gilbert vs. JYD/Buck.

Those two are still in doubt and I will close when I get home around 4 pm

This is what the Quarters looks like

Andre/Baba
MVC

Adonis/Murdoch
Jumbo/Misawa

Dynamic Duo
Owen/Davey

Gringos Locos
Hennig/Gilbert

EDIT: I lied about JYD/Buck... for some reason I read 14 as 24. Yeah.. that one is no closed too

I curse whoever made us discuss the Moondogs which segued into dead Hillbillies because now that fucking Hollywood Hillbillies ad keeps chasing me around the board.

Goddamn all of you.

I went to a La Caja China website and now I see banner ads for Caja China on the board. That seems like interesting marketing, and delicious

Just so everyone is clear - Semis are open till sometime tomorrow morning and then the Final will close by COD Friday. That way I am out of jae's way for March Madness.

Then come April... I think I am going to have a spin off of this tournament... we shall see

Just so everyone is clear - Semis are open till sometime tomorrow morning and then the Final will close by COD Friday. That way I am out of jae's way for March Madness.

If it's kewl with you, my tentative plan is to post brackets Friday. First match-ups open on Monday. That way people can have the weekend to maybe actually watch some wrestlers they don't know. And also bitch about people I left off. Because that's my favorite part.