DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Wait...

They nerfed ARs even more? What the fuck?! Deej, or someone else, put out an update not long ago saying they wanted to address the issue with ARs feeling under powered and not being used much. Same for PRs. So instead they nerfed it because of the fucking Vex? Jesus. Just re-label the Vex as a Fusion Rifle if they're that fucking concerned.

They didn't nerf because of the Vex, it got its own nerf separately.  They nerfed because of the Suros.  And the Vanq like JT said.  They're really the only two worthwhile auto rifles anyway.  So it sucks they applied a nerf to a whole weapon class for two weapons.  But the main nerf is the effective range.  You can still kill fools with them at midrange or closer. 

No one uses SUROS because of the damage.  They do it because of the HEALING and the damage.  Easiest way to deal with the SUROS issue would be to lower the amount of restored HP for every shot.

Vanquisher was a whole separate issue.   Perk synergy for Spray & Play / Glass Half Full is perfect on the vendor version so nerfing effective range would be the way to go to avoid making the weapon totally useless.

Most of the range nerfs went into effect because sniper whiners were whining.  They were pleased with the update up until they read the part where AP Round effectiveness was diminished.

Nerds.

At least we left Los Santos' basement

I do have to get off the couch, true.

I was laughing reading these posts - "holy shit, this is a foreign language, this makes no sense," then thinking "well, neither would the foreign language I speak to someone who doesn't speak it." Considering we've invented our own terms for game functions - Mary Louing, Allah Akbaring - the "nerds" reference was rather ironic. Like rain on your wedding day.

And don't hate me 'cause I'm too cheap to buy another game.

And to JT about your comment on the Suros- I use Suros for the damage.  Not as much that it's more deadly than other guns, it's just so easy to get headshots with Suros because of focused fire.  I'm pretty sure that's why most people use it, not because of the health regen which isn't even something that's a guarantee with a kill. 

If you look at the chart you'll see guns like Eidolon Ally and Nechrochasm have a shorter TTK than the Suros but that's assuming your shots are hitting their mark and it's so much easier to hit your mark with Suros than a gun like the Eidolon simply because of focused fire. 

The Focused Fire aspect of SUROS is a mixed bag in PvP because of the slower ROF.   Even with the healing factor in place, an accurate AR user with a Vanq will probably outlast you in a head to head firefight because of Glass Half Full.

This is not withstanding range and accuracy perks like Hammer Forged or movement perks like Single Point Sling or Lightweight.  I tend to circle left or right when I am shooting unless I am caught flat footed.

I don't know.  Crit shot damage with Suros is 31 and with Vanq it's 23.  With the Suros you can be hitting body shots and doing more damage than a Vanq does getting headshots. 

Technically, you should be dead before you even get to the bottom half of your magazine.  Unless you are one of the guys who upon spawning instantly empties half your magazine.  A lot of people do that with snipers that have the "Final Round" perk.  They just shoot away all but one bullet when they spawn because that one bullet is a one shot kill to the body. 

True, but I don't think most of those numbers take perks into consideration.   Glass Half Full and Rangefinder are game changing for ARs.

Body shot damage is only as effective as the DEF of the target unless you are using a weapon with Final Round.  If a Titan is headed for you, you really should be aiming at his head.

So we made it across the ogre bridge in Crota's End, bagged me a new pair of shoes. Had a couple of shots at the Deathsinger, we killed the 2 wizards and orbs to release her but got took out pretty quickly afterwards. Still not bad for 2 people on a first attempt. Feels like its doable with the right tactics and a bit of luck.

Rolled the dice with Xur for an exotic helmet engram, got one for a hunter, the one class i don't have, son of a bitch! i need to get 4 more motes of light before Sunday if i want a second crack at him. Brought Heart of the Praxic Fire because i think its the only exotic warlock chest piece i don't have (there's only 3 right?)

Tried out the matchmaking for the Weekly this morning and actually got put with one other decent guy and then the third spot, which went through about 5 different people.  I swear people are just trying to spawn in near the end and when it's not they bail out.

True, but I don't think most of those numbers take perks into consideration.   Glass Half Full and Rangefinder are game changing for ARs.

Body shot damage is only as effective as the DEF of the target unless you are using a weapon with Final Round.  If a Titan is headed for you, you really should be aiming at his head.

If only Mary Louing was a thing in Destiny.  I would be fucking unstoppable in PvP.  Most times I get killed these days I'm charging at a guy and they headshot me before I'm able to unleash my Melee.

I had a death in the family, so I haven't had a chance to play since they added the matchmaking. I'm kinda leery after hearing some of the horror stories, but you know, I've very rarely had terrible experiences in either the strike playlists or PvP. This past Iron Banner was the first time I've ever really noticed a lot of bad eggs.

Hopefully, my run of luck in getting paired with decent dudes will continue.

I am sorry for your loss, EVA. :(

I didn't have any issues with the blues I rolled with on the Weekly.   I think I lucked out because they were on the same fireteam and were obviously trying to score on extra rep after doing the Nightfall.  We will see how it goes after the reset. 

I am thankful for the change.  I am usually good on Motes, but could always stand to earn more Strange Coins.

So annoyed with myself.   Turned in five Crucible bounties yesterday and forgot to equip the weapons I wanted to level up.  Damn..  

I probably won't be back online until tomorrow evening.   The woman and I are headed out for dinner and a movie.  A long overdue date night that she deserves.

I had probably my worst day of Crucible in a long long time. Complete with me and another dude taking a 2 on 6 ass beating in a Control match on the Asylum. (Fucking Destiny servers - as soon as we hit 12 guys and started to the match two guys dropped. Of course instead of balancing the match to be 5v5 - nope 6v4. When we landed and the Control screen pops up - I see we are down to 3 (so someone clearly bailed after seeing only 4 ships). The 4th guy drops as soon as he realizes the team is down 3. In then took the game fucking 10 minutes to give us anyone and by then the score was 18K to 2K. I hate being stubborn.)

In general though it was a combo of mostly being dropped into Clash matches on locales that don't suit my close combat Titan and clearly some of the changes made with the last patch. Heck - one match I got into, 5 of the 6 guys where using Pulse Rifles. You used to NEVER see that.

Coiled Hiss and Bad Juju are the new Crucible hotness.  Found that out the hard way yesterday.  Lots of Titans running around with PRs.

Perks like Third Eye, Bodybreaker (or whatever the torso damage perk is called), and Full Auto make CH even more effective.  

I may swap out my Hunter's Vanq 8 for the CH on my Titan or go back to my Legendary Hand Cannon / Legendary Sniper Rifle / G-Horn load-out from the old days before ARs and Shottys were the all the rage. 

Good thing I am leveling up TFWPKY 1969 and LDR 5001.

People are being a lot smarter about weapon choice on short maps.   Lots of Hand Cannons on Delphi yesterday to take advantage of medium range firefighting in the circle around Flag B.

Yeah - I decided this am to re-roll the Bad Juju that my Hunter had so this way I now have two. Since I might have to start running with that in the Crucible. Stupid keeping up with the Jones.

Oh I was also bitter last night because someone was gifted No Land Beyond at the end of a match. Stupid no exotics for me. WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!?!?!?! WHAT ABOUT RIPPA?!?!?!?!?!

God I hate all my ARs now

Oh I was also bitter last night because someone was gifted No Land Beyond at the end of a match. Stupid no exotics for me. WHAT ABOUT ME?!?!?!?!?! WHAT ABOUT RIPPA?!?!?!?!?!

I wouldn't have been too broken hearted over that.  It is not like epic Ice Breaker drop for AddamWest after placing dead last on our team.  Now that shit was gifting of the highest order.

I wouldn't have been too broken hearted over that.  It is not like epic Ice Breaker drop for AddamWest after placing dead last on our team.  Now that shit was gifting of the highest order.

The randomness of the drops in Crucible is what makes this game disheartening at times. I can go 5-6 matches without being dropped anything. When you're still trying to level for slightly better weapons and more light, that can be frustrating. 

If I can pull myself away from House of Cards, I should be on for 4-5 hours today I am guessing.