DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Well if that reddit dude is right - we are going to have to kill the Archeon Priest. Not Phogoth

Bwah.  We did that fucking strike like nine times last week alone.

That being said, If we had a third and Icebreaker sniped our way through the door hack and hid near sissy cliff when things got hot, we could beat that strike on Nightfall.

If we do this next Reset Day with Chris, NO ONE USES A ROCKET LAUNCHER AS THEIR HEAVY WEAPON~! MACHINE GUNS ONLY~!

Having just blown myself up way too many times spamming this weeks nightfall, I completely co-sign on this.  

In fact, it may have been enough to convince me to run with PI as my exotic and use the Legendary MG I own instead of risking it with the Truth.

Ah RNG Gods, you are cruel with your generosity. I complained of never having an exotic drop for me since starting the game, I've brought or bountied my way to all the ones i have. So on my 3rd Nightfall of the week i finally get an exotic gun as a reward! and its No Land Beyond. The RNG continues its mocking of me.

So we two manned it all the way to Crota for the first time. Perhaps pure luck that we killed the Deathsinger. She died with a single, solitary, lonely, second left on the clock. And of course, nothing but 2 shards for me. Don't get me wrong, Crota killed us both without breaking a sweat but it was pretty nice to be able to make it all the way there with just the two of us. Definitely going to need some more firepower, hopefully i will get that all important chest piece on the reset and jump up to 32. Going to need a better rocket launcher too, i was just using whatever i had with me and his shield recharged faster than i could reload. One day....one day....

I now have the God of War shader to sport with my New Monarchy cloak.  It's the small things that make me happy.

Why, Amanda Holiday?  Why do you sell such shitty jumpships?

I really hate not being able to finish my Titan Vanguarding in the morning.

Especially when I have to stop with one patrol remaining.

My OCD is not pleased

DOUBLE DIPPING ALERT~!

There are Vanguard bounties for taking out Simkis-3 and Grayliks during The Archive story mission on Heroic.

And I am very close to strangling co-workers today so I will be spending some quality time shooting people in the head in the Crucible this evening.

DOUBLE DIPPING ALERT~!

There are Vanguard bounties for taking out Simkis-3 and Grayliks during The Archive story mission on Heroic.

And I am very close to strangling co-workers today so I will be spending some quality time shooting people in the head in the Crucible this evening.

10 Fallen majors too if you want to go for the hat-trick.

I also hit bangjo exceptions right as I finished Vanguarding.  I am up for trying the Nightfall if we get a third guy to watch our backs.  Same plan as before aka snipe our way to victory.  If we make it to the Priest, we can try to kill hm with bug bites now that we both have Void damage primaries and we can all use our MGs on him instead of rocket launchers.

If Heists are up on GTA today (I didn't see any files this morning) then I will be downloading that shit.

After Rippa logged off I decided to attempt to clear out the rest of my Crucible bounties while I still had my EXP Buff.  It helped that Raw was random and the crowd was dead.

Started off pretty crappy.  6-3 in a win on Twilight Gap which is quickly becoming one of my albatross maps.  I can't seem to get kills in bunches on Twilight Gap or The Anomaly.

i went 16-2 in a loss and 23-3 including a Reign of Terror in a win during two Control matches on the Burning Shrine map.  I have almost exorcised my demon on Mercury.

Unfortunately I got smoked right after Kill #15 in Match #2 so Mis still sits on top of the Longest Kill Spree leaderboard.

I was the number 2 point scorer (20 kills and 12 deaths) on my team in a heartbreaking loss on Blind Watch.   WHY THE FUCK DO WE CARE SO MUCH ABOUT FLAG A~??  ASSHOLES~!!!!

Fucking cheap ass Executor Hideo gave me one Crucible commendation and one Ascendant Energy for making New Monarchy Rank 8.  No wonder we don't have any kings here in America.

This nightfall is going to be stupid easy. Black Hammer and Ghorn. Might break out the Vision of Cornflakes for old times sake.

It's amazing how many people wanted to take advantage of the easy nightfall.  I was on for a couple hours this morning and got a dozen requests from randoms to do it.  

Leveled up my Inmost Light to where I have my Fist of Havoc back.  I am complete again.

So far I'm really hating Pocket Infinity.  Charge time takes FOREVER and the 3 round magazine is awful.  I like the imoact it has and hopefully the upgrades will eventually fix the issues I'm having with it, but it's practically un-usable right now.

I got six invites to do the Nightfall at 5AM in the morning EST.   Go to fucking work or something.

I am going to see if I can get myself invited to a Nightfall fireteam when I get to the crib unless you guys want to venture an attempt when Rippa gets online.

After that, I will take a nap while the GTA 5 file of doom is downloading.  If I get the Nightfall done today, I will knock out the weekly on 30 tomorrow.  I can always use the extra Strange Coins.

AAANNNND Destiny is pushing a live patch now.  Looks like it is a dev tool for database management.  Now I am suddenly stoked for New Jumpship Thursday and Xurday.

The Two Man Power Trip of Rippa and JT knocked out the Nightfall and the Weekly with not too many issues.  The few deaths we experienced were because we got cocky and lazy.  When we were on point, shit got murdered..

I got a Mask of the Third Man with a really shitty intellect stat, so I shredded it for the shard.  Rippa got another SUROS Regime.

PvE excellence gave way to PvP shittyness..   It seemed like every AFK, dancer, camper, and zone sitter ended up on our team. And it never fails.  If I have the Longshot bounty on me, I can't buy a sniper headshot.

What happened when I abandoned it right before our next to last Crucible match of the night?  One Marksman medal (2 sniper headshot kills without reloading) and a third sniper headshot kill that gave me a Bullseye medal.

Soloed the Nightfall this morning, as long as you play it smart (sit back with the icebreaker) the triple burn makes it pretty easy. I died twice, both times to Fallen ships during the boss fight, its shots are basically one hit kills. Thank you Warlock resurrection!

Finally got a good drop from it, i'm sitting on a brand new Hawkmoon!

• Like 1

Hawkmoon is a beast pistol. Grats, man!  I wish it were in the XBox content.

Data miners say that the IB returns next Tuesday and the weps up for grabs will be Joldur's Hammer and Silmar's Wrath.

I loved my pre=DLC Joldur's Hammer,I may compete in the IB and get another one of those Legendary MGs, but I have gone back to the old Gunslinger ways and have abandoned auto rifle use in favor of hand cannons.

So yeah.  The bubble only protects you when you are inside it.

Rippa and I both killed PvP dancers last night.  A couple of the bright spots of an otherwise frustrating night of PvP.

I hope that's right. I am SO ready for Iron Banner to come back. It's ruined regular Crucible for me.

And a level 36 chest piece will put me at 32, at last (at least when I'm using Obsidian Mind as my exotic).