DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I really should have checked the steps to Toland's Legacy EWB.  If I would have known I needed Xur after completing the 25 strikes, I probably would have busted out the last two I needed on Friday rather than today and having to wait a week to continue.  

After that you will have some PvP work to do.  If Rippa & I are on, we can help with that.

Yea I saw that.  I figure I'll start with a bunch of Crucible tomorrow and make this the week I'll get the achievement for maxing out those marks, too.  

With my average kills, this step in the EWB is probably going to take me longer than the strikes did.

We do not suck as much as we used to in the Crucible, but we have pretty bad slumps every now and then.  Rippa is a beast as Striker. 

I have my good matches and bad matches playing as a Gunslinger, but I usually manage to fall in the middle of the team standings so at least I am consistent.

While my K/D ratio has definitely improved, I'm not at all a volume killer.  It's a pretty good round if I get into double digits.

It probably doesn't help that I almost exclusively play capture.  If the point was only to kill I suppose I'd do a bit more of it.  Plus I've been away from Crucible since level 27 or so, so I would imagine the extra 3 levels are going to help.

Rippa and I are a contrast in styles.   He is much more aggressive and I can be quite the camper depending on the map.   He usually gets more kills than I do, but my K/D always hovers around 1.0 unless I am having a horrible match.

The best place to get your murder on for an EWB is a Control match because player movement is a lot more predictable. 

The good thing about the bounty (since I too just finished it this weekend) is that you get points for Kills AND Assists.

So at least shoot things and be close to people when they die and you will get credit.

I did the last step in approximately 15 Crucible matches - and that was with sucking for half of them.

Rippa and I are a contrast in styles.   He is much more aggressive and I can be quite the camper depending on the map.   He usually gets more kills than I do, but my K/D always hovers around 1.0 unless I am having a horrible match.

The best place to get your murder on for an EWB is a Control match because player movement is a lot more predictable. 

My K/D is always around 1.0 too. The difference is mine is usually 20 kills to 18 deaths. But I am cool with that.

I don't have the patience to camp and snipe.

My K/D is always around 1.0 too. The difference is mine is usually 20 kills to 18 deaths. But I am cool with that.

I don't have the patience to camp and snipe.

My tactics work more often than not but sometimes my team is too effective and it is hard for me to get my murder on because the top tier of the ranking is constantly mowing down our opposition.

I force myself to be patient because I hate bleeding points to the other team.   I feel bad for the guys I score the Nail In The Coffin on.  That can't be a good feeling.

I need a reasonable Nightfall strike to pop up so I can finish off the Pocket Infinity bounty. Ever since I got to that step, the Nightfalls have been Omnigul and Ta'arus, without any burns, too. Those were pretty rough, and I haven't been able to make much progress on the 200 fusion rifle kills at all.

I did the Pocket Infinity bounty a long time ago by just doing that first servitor room in the Nexus nightfall over and over again. Took me about an hour. I'm sure there are easier ways but I just wanted to get it done.

Most of us just did the first room of Hive in Devil's Lair over and over again or the groups of Thralls in Summoning Pits..  So long as the enemies you kill are the rank of the strike, you are all good.

Just tried the Valus Taur'uc Weekly Heroic mission on the hardest setting with the matchmaking, and I have no complaints really.

Really simple and easy.  These are really strikes everyone has done dozens of times before.  The patterns are easy to get down.  No one talked over the team channel, but it really didn't matter.  Everyone knows what to do in these Strikes anyway.  For the Raids?  Yeah ok.  But for Weeklys, this is the best. 

Now I am stacking up on Strange Coins lickety split.

Nightfall / Weekly is Devil's Lair and Daily appears to be Last Array.   Doesn't get much easier than this.   I'd like to do Nightfall and Weekly / Daily on hardest difficulties if I can get two other brave souls to help out on 360.  I should be home by 5PM but I probably won't be online until closer to 6:30PM EST.

Raw was not great so I went back into the Crucible and racked up two wins in Control matches for my bounty.  Apparently the only time I can get over twenty kills is when Rippa is not around. *sigh* 

I need to be awesome all of the time.  I hate PvP slumps.

New Crucible Pet Peeve:   If I am on Blind Watch in my corner defending Flag B or if I am on Shores of Time defending the tunnels running to B and you are on my team, DO NOT SHOOT MY FUCKING TRIPMINE GRENADES~!

Yeah the nightfall is a joke this week. Did it with two of my characters this morning very quickly.  Used Oversoul Edict, LDR, and an arc One Way Ticket.  

A guy on my list sent me an invite this morning for a raid and I joined in.  They were on Crota on hard and we were able to finish it fairly quickly.  But another guy was doing nightfall afterwards so I joined up with him.  We finished the first one and he asked if I needed to do another and I told him that my Warlock was only level 29 but if he didn't care I could do it with that character.  He then offered to get me through the first two sections of the raid by himself.  Was pretty cool watching him solo the bridge part.  I haven't been able to make the jump correctly but he did on the first try with his Titan and killed the ogres.  I got gauntlets from the lamps and boots from the bridge.  Now I just need a raid chest piece and I can get my Warlock to 32.  The only battle is going to be hadronic essence.  Gonna have to glimmer farm my ass of just to buy a bunch of green armor and dismantle it.  

Crucible run marred by lag and shitty teams.  We had the only team in recorded history to hold B&C on Blind Watch and still lose because no one but Rippa and I bothered to try to defend the flags we captured.  Also ASSHOLES ON MY TEAM SHOOTING MY FUCKING TRIPMINES~!

The night picked up a little after a miraculous comeback win on Twilight Gap but then more lag and more shitty teammates.

Obliterated Crota's End with a 4 man team in less than an hour. One wipe for Crota, and only because no one was on Boomer duty so I died right away when I charged at Crota. Really good run, and neither of us have played Destiny for several days. Got gloves, chest piece, helmet, MIDA, and Hunger of Crota. All stuff I already have, but it was nice to get so many drops.

Gotta make time to do the Nightfall tomorrow or Friday. Got my Fang, and Thunderlord ready for Sepiks.

After that Omnigul Nightfall the past 2 weeks have been easy! Didn't have much time yesterday so we did a Nightfall and the first 2 Crota checkpoints with our main characters. Killing the Deathsinger still eludes us but we are getting closer. Not bad since there's only 2 of us. Still had some fusion rifle kills left to do for a golden bounty and the Murmur set on arc cleaned up in there. I had it finished before we'd even got to the Walker.

The RNG still continues to mock me, I got a legendary rocket launcher for finishing the Nightfall, the same rocket launcher I was using to do the Nightfall. And nothing but shards again from the lamp and ogre bridge checkpoints in Crota's End. I just want a chest piece, is that to much to ask?

The RNG still continues to mock me, I got a legendary rocket launcher for finishing the Nightfall, the same rocket launcher I was using to do the Nightfall.

I got a Pulse Rifle with perks better suited for a Shotgun..  Soooo angry.   It got shredded for AEs so I can level up Atheon's.

Supposedly leaked info about House of Wolves

I think we had all heard about the 2nd "social" space before.

The very "helpful" time frame of between April 1 and June 30 was news to me

Actually I think that special PvP mode is going to be the Trials Of Osiris.   Supposedly a specialized Skirmish match with Iron Banner rules and all of the maps will take place on Mercury. 

The running rumor is that this is how players will finally unlock the Mercury grimoire card and that winning a Trials match will be the only way to earn Fate of All Fools.