DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

And some folks have beaten The Vault of Glass in under 40 minutes.

Hey, if you were living at your parent's house surviving on vienna sausages, potato chips, and MIO, you would have beaten the Vault of Glass by now..

I am kinda proud of the fact that I do not have that kind of time.

My woman and I are headed to see the Skins / Giants game on Thursday, we have tickets for The Equalizer on Friday afternoon,, Saturday is the UFC fight, and Sunday will be a day of rest.

We will get to the Vault of Glass when we get there and Mark will die a lot.   Just like old times!

I have a feeling that my first set of Legendary gear will be Vanguard stuff.   I have no problems earning Vanguard rep.  I see a full set of Ghost Angel armor in my eventual future.

Rippa, OTOH, has the taste of PvP blood in his mouth and must have a billion Crucible Marks by now.  He will end up being decked out in Lord Shaxx's finest duds.

What on earth do you have against Mio?

• Like 1

you go to the bounty dude at the tower, there's a new set of purple (queens) bounties.  do those, for each one you complete, you unlock a kill order or mission.  Go do those, and you will get a legendary item....maybe.

I'm going to break my helmet down for shards. 

I see, thanks.  Does breaking down the legendary items give you ascendant shards?  Because I could use more of those for my legendary weapon upgrades.

I killed 4 Walkers this morning. Got credit for two of them. Off to get my third right now. People are doing that one strike and backing out before facing the purple beholder, just so they can kill the Walker. It's easier on Patrol, the minions don't respawn so you can can a front angle behind a pillar and take the legs out.

EDIT: That didn't take long.

• Like 1

And some folks have beaten The Vault of Glass in under 40 minutes.

Hey, if you were living at your parent's house surviving on vienna sausages, potato chips, and MIO, you would have beaten the Vault of Glass by now..

I am kinda proud of the fact that I do not have that kind of time.

My woman and I are headed to see the Skins / Giants game on Thursday, we have tickets for The Equalizer on Friday afternoon,, Saturday is the UFC fight, and Sunday will be a day of rest.

We will get to the Vault of Glass when we get there and Mark will die a lot.   Just like old times!

I have a feeling that my first set of Legendary gear will be Vanguard stuff.   I have no problems earning Vanguard rep.  I see a full set of Ghost Angel armor in my eventual future.

Rippa, OTOH, has the taste of PvP blood in his mouth and must have a billion Crucible Marks by now.  He will end up being decked out in Lord Shaxx's finest duds.

What on earth do you have against Mio?

I've never tried Mio, but vienna sausages make me sick.  Whatever parts of whatever animals those are made out of cant be good.

I've never tried Mio, but vienna sausages make me sick.  Whatever parts of whatever animals those are made out of cant be good.

Nah, I just ask because I drink a lot of water and go through a lot of the flavorings like Mio, Crystal Light, that sort of thing. Most of them are actually pretty good.

Got myself up to level 7 yesterday, and have acquired 4 of the 5 gold chests on Earth. Haven't gone back to the Crucible after that first time. Still enjoying the heck out of the game, though.

• Like 1

I got to choose my first exotic weapon bounty tonight! Then I found that the endgame of hokey pokey on it was bad juju, a pulse rifle. I have a legendary pulse rifle, and I hate it. I don't want another. I abandoned that exotic weapon bounty. I wish I had done google search for that bounty before I chose. I do that sorta shit a lot, leaping before I look. It's not worth the effort. Now the one for the scout rifle....

I went ahead and bought the gauntlets, hit level 27 and I'm more than halfway through that now. Vanguard rank is almost level 3, I hear you get a legendary engram for getting that rank. If I don't get a decent legendary primary weapon, Dr nope will be mine. I've been saving ascendant energy just for it.

*fucking auto correct...and it was nearly 6 am...*

Edited by misanthrope304

I did a queens bounty last night, the one where you collect 200 ether seeds, then did the queens wraith story mission.  It wasn't too bad.  We got the one on Venus where you have to kill the gate lord.  The only crappy part is that the hobgoblins can damn near one shot snipe you.  So there was some reviving going on for sure but the enemies weren't hard to bring down.  So I was looking forward to getting my legendary item since I only have one legendary piece of anything which was a chest armor...and I got a chest armor...that wasn't better than the one I already had.  The two friends I was playing with had completed another bounty and wanted to do another mission but I hadn't so I couldn't select it.  So I made another guy the fireteam leader and it let me do the mission...but apparently because I hadn't completed another bounty when we finished the mission I was rewarded with fuck all. 

We did that Queen's Mission as well. Cristobal and I both got Queen's Guard Helmets that were good enough to get us to level 26. Havoc got nothing.

I have one more bounty I can easily do- kill 200 fallen with headshots.  Outside of that they seemed like a pain in the ass.  So I will do that one tonight for sure and do another mission with hopes of getting something other than a chest piece.  

I'm thinking about trying the vault of glass, we will see. 

I got my first two legendary drops yesterday. Of course they both turned into just rare things. Boo!!!!

I grabbed the "Gold Tier Three Public Events" bounty and then spent like 2 hours trying to get one to trigger. At least I got one done for that.

I also have the "Win 3 Crucible Matches". Won the first two and now have been on a losing streak. Stupid everything

I got my first two legendary drops yesterday. Of course they both turned into just rare things. Boo!!!!

I grabbed the "Gold Tier Three Public Events" bounty and then spent like 2 hours trying to get one to trigger. At least I got one done for that.

I also have the "Win 3 Crucible Matches". Won the first two and now have been on a losing streak. Stupid everything

You may not want to, but go to the Treasure Cave as that is the easiest way to complete the Three Public Events bounty. It's damn near impossible to not Gold Tier that thing.

• Like 1

I was over in that area twice and nothing spawned. Of course there were very few folks farming during my sessions.

Usually I got one fairly quickly after dropping into a patrol - just for some reason it took forever

And now that I am leveled up - it would be nice if that fucker showed up that I was never able to damage before.

We did that Queen's Mission as well. Cristobal and I both got Queen's Guard Helmets that were good enough to get us to level 26. Havoc got nothing.

I was the one that got nothing. I got a legendary helmet from an engram dropped at the Treasure Cave.

You may not want to, but go to the Treasure Cave as that is the easiest way to complete the Three Public Events bounty. It's damn near impossible to not Gold Tier that thing.

I silvered that one solo, but at the Treasure Cave you can generally count on at least two other level 20+ players there, so that gets dealt with pretty handily.

It was just working for me a minute ago :)

Well I am assuming you havent downloaded the patch yet. (And I am assuming that the patch hasn't been "approved" yet by the various folks)

I did. The flood of enemies continues, but it's drastically slowed down, and there's no drops. Also, I'm not sure if this was Bungie's doing, but the area flooded with Knights. It became a real shooting gallery.