DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

There were people camping the Treasure Cave this morning.  That is going to get hotfixed really soon.

I did the same this morning.

When it does, I'm going to trade in my copy of Destiny. The loot drops are unacceptable. If Bungie is going to hotfix that and not give players better loot (which is why people were doing it in the first place), then their game is beyond hope. No amount of marketing and name cred will save them at this point.

• Like 1

There were people camping the Treasure Cave this morning.  That is going to get hotfixed really soon.

When it does, I'm going to trade in my copy of Destiny. The loot drops are unacceptable. If Bungie is going to hotfix that and not give players better loot (which is why people were doing it in the first place), then their game is beyond hope. No amount of marketing and name cred will save them at this point.

The frequency of loot drops doesn't bother me because if everyone has special gear, it isn't special anymore.  If this game had a player-run economy, it would already be fucked thanks to item glitching.

The problem with this game is the stranglehold it has on Glimmer.  Every enemy you kill should drop Glimmer even if it is one or two units. 

Having only certain enemies drop glimmer or having to item farm or complete bounties to get it is bullshit especially since Glimmer isn't just used solely as currency.

The frequency of loot drops doesn't bother me because if everyone has special gear, it isn't special anymore.  If this game had a player-run economy, it would already be fucked thanks to item glitching.

The problem with this game is the stranglehold it has on Glimmer.  Every enemy you kill should drop Glimmer even if it is one or two units. 

Having only certain enemies drop glimmer or having to item farm or complete bounties to get it is bullshit especially since Glimmer isn't just used solely as currency.

That too. The amount of Glimmer drops as well is ridiculous.

This is our future: video game design by committee.

Someone (I think it might have been JT's buddy Josh) was saying there is a cap on how much Glimmer you can hold.

I just don't remember what the amount is

Psycho Josh says the Glimmer cap is 25K.  Josh is an extreme power gamer so his word is good and probably a result of painful amounts of confirmation via speed running and item farming.

I would have no issues with the amount of Glimmer that dropped if it were only used for currency.  Since it is also used for upgrades, it would help if there were some sort of nibble factor. 

If you want to control Glimmer supply and item farming, then go the FF11 route where if you are more than 10 levels higher than the MOB, you don't get anything for killing it:  no EXP, no Currency, No Items. 

Force higher level players to move to more challenging zones.

You could probably finish current Story missions in about sixteen hours if you tried really hard.  Allowing yourself to get distracted by the peripheral action is how you level up in this game.

If you didn't dig the Crucible, there is not a lot of incentive for you to get a copy.

You could probably finish current Story missions in about sixteen hours if you tried really hard.  Allowing yourself to get distracted by the peripheral action is how you level up in this game.

If you didn't dig the Crucible, there is not a lot of incentive for you to get a copy.

Huh, well that sucks. I was without internet for 5 days last week, so didn't get to see the reaction from the start.

http://youtu.be/jUl9zmUtml8

EDIT - Grr... fucking code

OMFG, this game absolutely does not need character names.   Only fan fic douchebags and offensive morons trolling for player reactions need that.  The internet is a better place when creepy roleplay nazis are kept in their own sandbox.

Destiny absolutely needs better matchmaking, an expanded Tower, and jumpship combat in story mode.

Shader previews would be nice even though looking at the color scheme of the shader itself tends to let me know whether or not I want to buy it.

Game also needs an expanded quick action menu.

Well we suffered a Four Horsemen loss tonight in a Control match.   The other team may have won, but with me earning a 2.0 K/D / 5-player kill streak and being awarded a Rare Engram and Rippa doing almost as well as I did, the defeat did not feel like defeat.

The asswhipping we got in the following Clash match however, felt like an asswhipping.

I think I successfully found all of the Dead Ghosts on Earth and scored on schematics for a blue jumpship, too.  I am proud to be the captain of the Rope To Heaven.

This is Bungie's fault.  The loot rewards for the harder missions are PATHETIC and downright pitiful.  It's no wonder people just want to camp and do the treasure cave.  The reason?  It is the best and easiest way to load up on tons of decent loot.

Some runs now that I have a legendary weapon, I don't even have to search for more ammo to reload.  My new legendary pulse rifle gives me a full reload once I empty.

I enjoy the strikes.  They are fun.  However, I want to get better gear, and doing the strikes do not help me all that much in that regard.  I will play harder and harder strikes and sometimes get absolutely nothing.  Why do I want to spend 30 minutes to an hour or more on a strike to get basically nothing?

It's no wonder fans are looking for loopholes to load up quicker because Bungie has kind of fucked us over with the loot rewards.

Update 1.0.1.4 - Patch Notes

Sep 22 2014

Created by Destiny Dev Team

Summary:

The latest patch for Destiny reduces the difficulty of a number of activities, as well as fixes issues when completing the Vault of Glass.

Activities

Missions

Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Raids

Dropping the relic at the end of the raid will no longer result in a team wipe. This will prevent players being stuck at a black screen after the raid.

You will remain dead if you were dead when the mission ended. That will be addressed by a future patch.

Yeah... I suddenly am quite decent in the Crucible now.

Part of this is that I have basically have maximized my strength/melee. So between that and having this running shoulder tackle dealie - I can melee anyone in one shot. Basically I am running around Pouncing fools. There are some maps it isn't effective as I need to build up a head of steam so the close quarters ones aren't as good.

Highlight was definitely when I turned a corner and the other team was rolling three deep on me. Killed one with a grenade and then punch, punch and I suddenly had that award for killing a Hunter, Titan and Warlock with out dying.

Got up to Rank 1 in the Crucible which makes me happy.

Now JT just needs to figure out why he isn't showing up online on XBox

• Like 1

I passed out before you got back from walking the dog, Rippa. 

We lost all of the Crucible matches we competed in last night, but only one felt like a real defeat.  We were Anderson and Windham leaving Dusty Rhodes laying in a heap in a parking lot in that one Control match.

Got up this morning to do my last two moon patrols, found a loot chest, boom, more ship schematics.  I passed the Rope Of Heaven to my Warlock alt and am now at the helm of the Fangs of Nyx.

There is new content this morning.  There are bounties available from the Queen of the Reef so I guess we are currying favor with a new faction.  I picked up two of her bounties as well as the simple to complete Capture 10 Zones in Control bounty from the Crucible.   God must want me to finally get Crucible Rep 1 by giving me low hanging fruit to pick.

As much as I would like to call in sick and work on these Queen of the Reef bounties., I am on shift for the 101st.

If it is still there the next time I go to the Tower - I will grab the Do 5 Rumble bounty and suffer through that.

But yeah - Capture 10 zones in Control is the easiest bounty ever

Treasure Cave, fuck yeah! I was at level 18 before I started farming and in less than an hour I hit 20. I only picked up some blue engrams, which got me a couple rare items. I'll do it again today probably.

I also did a strike playlist, which gave me a strike on Mars that was hard as hell. Somehow we did it without wiping.

• Like 1

The Treasure Cave is BORING! Just do some patrol missions or something. Why you're going to pay top dollar for a brand new game and then, rather than actually play the thing in an exciting, challenging way, you want to stand on a rock and ruin the ammo drops for everyone else in the lobby? Stupid.

The game did screw me over on a couple of Bounties in the Moon. I had 28 or 30 Melee kills, 8700 of 9000 XP without dying, stepped off a bridge the wrong way, and got TURN BACK 5, 4, and it wouldn't let me glide back up, so they were reset to zero. Still completed them though. Did four Gold Tier events - took out the Walker on Mars twice, then defended the Warsat on Earth twice.

• Like 1

I like the way you think, AxB.

I have gotten four Blue Engrams for a badly neded Primary Weapon replacement that have turned into either Motes of Light or Strange Coins after decryption..

While I am encouraged that I am getting trade fodder for Xur, I really do need a blue replacement for my green pulse rifle. 

With my luck it will be a hand cannon.

And shit, It looked like I had a bajillion weapon parts at one point but now I am down to a stack of 12 after major upgrades to my Sniper Rifle and Rocket Launcher.  I still have a ton of Sapphire Wire. 

I am not knocking my defense score, but it'd be nice if I got some Blue armor drops with benefits that complimented my loadout.

Gonna knock out a Moon story mission when I get home and then focus on trying to finish off my outstanding Crucible bounties, because I am very close to getting my active camo ability.

Hopefully this Queen of the Reef thing lasts a while.  I would like to get up to Rank 1 rep for her faction before this ends but gametime is limited this week.