DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW IS CM PUNK LOOKED BELIEVABLE AGAINST LESNAR TONIGHT

Gonzalez

If I had to nitpick about the Wyatts, I would say the reason people are picking on Rowan is that he comes across as generic large bodyguard, while Luke Harper comes across like he is 1000% committed to the Wyatt cause. Harper seems like he would take a bullet for Wyatt, and comes across like an attack dog looking for reward and approval. Rowan comes across like redneck Jackson Andrews. 

• Like 1

My only real issue is how stiff and awkward he appears to be.  We're spoiled with a crop of mostly athletic big men in this era, and he seems subtly lost in how to engage his prey.  It's not ruining the angle or anything, and it's not even that big a deal in a vacuum.

If I had to nitpick about the Wyatts, I would say the reason people are picking on Rowan is that he comes across as generic large bodyguard, while Luke Harper comes across like he is 1000% committed to the Wyatt cause. Harper seems like he would take a bullet for Wyatt, and comes across like an attack dog looking for reward and approval. Rowan comes across like redneck Jackson Andrews. 

Dude wears a sheep mask to symbolize/threaten the sheep that we are. How much more committed can he be?Also, when do we get the first stories about some unhinged fan(s) actually believing Bray Wyatt to be an actual deity? Or, knowing wrestling history, when does Windham Rotunda actually believe he is Bray Wyatt?

• Like 1

No way on RVD's hair.  He's an aging stoner and that's how it should stay.  And Jericho needs to grow his back, it's still pretty thick and won't stay that way forever.

The should intersperse clips of RVD hanging out with some teenage 7-11 employees next to the dumpster smoking some dirtweed he just bought off of them w/ his ECW highlights. His trailer with Sabu could linger in the background. 

I'd like Jericho to grow his hair out a bit longer but the full length he had. I went to a 311 concert recently (I love seeing the worst stuff ever) and a lot of the folks at the show had the "safe hippie accounting major" look down pat -- the hair that looks longer with a bandana on top of a skull but is completely workplace acceptable. He's like your cool boss who wears jeans all week and not just on Friday.

• Like 2

I wonder if the Wyatts are going to try and do the "recruit people to our cause" gimmick.  Those angles seldom work out well due to the predictable "disciples wake up and break free or try to take over" turn they tend to take.

Nobody mentioned The Usos against Claudio & Swagger yet.  I think that's going to be a fun little midcard feud.  Usos have been bringing it and getting over ever since they started getting regular main show TV time, and I like the Claudio & Swagger dynamic.  They work well together, and Swagger has always been a better tag wrestler than a single IMO.

I loved Jericho/RVD, probably the best match they've ever had together.

Naomi vs. a Bella was surprisingly good and given a decent amount of time.

The segment with Mark Henry and The Shield was great.  I'd think in 6 mans you'd see Henry teaming with Christian (was looking to be Ambrose's next opponent in the weeks before MITB) and someone else.  Kofi Kingston would be my best guess.

I wish they could do all their TV in the big hardcore citys.  There is such a noticable difference when they're in a random town in the midwest or the south and the lack of crowd energy just kills what could be a good show.

It'll be interesting to see how Cody's face turn and a now solidified as a face Ziggler get over in other parts of the country.  Next week they're doing 4 straight TV tapings in Texas (international tour of Australia and South Africa coming up) so all but next Monday's show will be post-produced for desired reactions

Turns in the last six months that I can think of:

Punk

Ziggler

ADR

Ryback

Rhodes (possibly)

Henry (possibly)

Admittedly this isn't counting things like Christian coming back a face when he was a heel before, or the sort-of heel turn it looked like they were giving Bryan that the crowds just weren't having, but it doesn't seem like that many, really.

I'm sort of fixated on the Wyatt group and the reaction, which I suppose is a good sign for their staying power, or at least how interesting they are right now. Does anyone think that the WWE is still feeling out the face/heel dynamic for him? I feel like if they wanted him to get a more specifically heel reaction in NYC, they would have sent Ryder out to be the sacrificial lamb (no pun intended). There is a high chance I am overvaluing Ryder's overness in NYC, and putting more thought in to this than the writing staff did, but I think that is my prerogative considering I'm posting on a wrestling message board. I suppose I should also say that I know it is clear they are supposed to be heels now. 

Erm, you think they're still feeling out the face/heel dynamic for a guy who has a "family compound", has slack-jawed followers, who refers to "the masses" as "fools", "puppets", and "sheep", and comes out and attacks faces?

Jesus, that's about as tweener as the Iron Shiek...

• Like 5

Admittedly this isn't counting things like Christian coming back a face when he was a heel before, or the sort-of heel turn it looked like they were giving Bryan that the crowds just weren't having, but it doesn't seem like that many, really.

Christian was a face when he went out last year. He turned after winning a pre-PPV battle royale and deciding to go after Cody's IC title instead of Santino's US title.

I'm sort of fixated on the Wyatt group and the reaction, which I suppose is a good sign for their staying power, or at least how interesting they are right now. Does anyone think that the WWE is still feeling out the face/heel dynamic for him? I feel like if they wanted him to get a more specifically heel reaction in NYC, they would have sent Ryder out to be the sacrificial lamb (no pun intended). There is a high chance I am overvaluing Ryder's overness in NYC, and putting more thought in to this than the writing staff did, but I think that is my prerogative considering I'm posting on a wrestling message board. I suppose I should also say that I know it is clear they are supposed to be heels now. 

Or they are timing it so that Kofi Kingston can return in time for him and Truth to be served up as the Wyatts' first feud.  Because what we really need after the George Zimmerman trial is a bunch of hillbillies beating up black dudes.

I think they need to keep The Wyatt Family just as is for a while. As soon as they lose a shred of momentum,  then add in someone.One dream angle I have for them that will never happen: Bray tells Randy Orton that he has the cure for the voices in his head that talk to him.

Really enjoyed RAW last night. Felt it was better than the PPV the night before. RVD/Jericho was a lot of fun. I liked the way the show kicked off. It felt unpredictable. Especially with The Shield doing the beatdown on Henry. The Wyatt segment was good. The Punk/Heyman/Lesnar segment was great & my third favorite WWE segment of the year (behind the Heyman/McMahon segment & Mark Henry's fake retirement). The end was great too with Cena playing with the fans & the American Dragon selection. Crowd was hot most of the night too. Was a lot of fun. I wish it was like that every week.