DVDVR Message Board

WWE RAW IS CM PUNK LOOKED BELIEVABLE AGAINST LESNAR TONIGHT

Gonzalez

We're also one step closer to Mark Henry dancing with Tons of Funk after a six-man tag match against the Shield.  How should a Dean Ambrose vs Mark Henry title match be booked?

Is there any wrestler on the roster who would do a better job than Cena if asked to go through the roster like that?

Will they drop the "weak link" stuff or will they have Daniel Bryan starting to think that Cena though DB would an easy mark?

So, the Wyatt Family segment was pretty something, eh?  Probably the debut they should've had last week but still awesome.  I'm quite surprised how Harris' first promo on Raw/National TV was so perfect, no stuttering or repeating or forgetting his lines.  And his finisher, with the little kiss, looked pretty awesome, too.  And I love Rowan wearing the sheep mask to the ring so much that it's going to be my new avatar, unless I'm stealing somebody else's, at which point I will go back to Steven Seagal in a chef's hat.

Wyatt actually managed to defeat the what chants as they started to die by the end. Wish that had staying power. Glad they got him physically involved as his shots actually looked like they have impact. The other 2 guys are usually only a notch above that Randy Orton short arm clothesline. Just a great gimmick that somehow hasn't been too cartoonish. Hard to believe in the WWE. I can get behind all the guys they turned face recently. There is really no way to go wrong with Henry vs the Shield.

It was a really great show over all.  Loved that whole Punk/Heyman/Brock segment.  Great brawl.  Henry/SHIELD was unexpected and completely perfect.  Bray brought it tonight and I completely marked for DB at the end.

I really think Ziggler's offense looked better tonight than in previous matches as a face.  The jumping ddt out of the corner was a neat little spot.

His hair though. Dude is in his 40s and has that on his head.

Yeah for some reason some people just don't know when to let go. It is actually a miracle that Bret Hart has finally let his gray and used shampoo and conditioner. RVD is in the same territory as this guy.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Awesome seeing THAT reaction to Daniel Bryan in the closing segment. Man he's really over. I love the visuals of the crowd doing the gesture and chanting Yes with Daniel Bryan. Hope Bryan beats Cena for the WWE Championship.

It's a shame HHH was never able to force RVD to job in a hair vs hair match.

I still think its crazy that Eddie Guerrero, Test and Christian all just showed up on TV with short hair, surely there was at least one hair match waiting to be had there.

Really liked RVD/Jericho, wasn't expecting that to be a 20+ minute main event but good stuff. Definitely RVD's longest singles match in years, loved his flip dive off the top. Orton/Fandango was pretty good too. Also liked the first step of face Cody.

So, I get home and fire up RAW, and watching a fairly decent show, get a great Henry promo/Shield segment, keep watching, Punk comes out...  AND HOLY FUCK THAT SEGMENT.

That was some absolutely compelling tv.  Red hot crowd hanging on every word, great promo work from Punk and Lesnar, a really good out of control brawl...  That was fucking PRO WRESTLING motherfucker.

Also, D-Bry/Cena is pretty great sounding.

• Like 4

So, I get home and fire up RAW, and watching a fairly decent show, get a great Henry promo/Shield segment, keep watching, Punk comes out... AND HOLY FUCK THAT SEGMENT.That was some absolutely compelling tv. Red hot crowd hanging on every word, great promo work from Punk and Lesnar, a really good out of control brawl... That was fucking PRO WRESTLING motherfucker.Also, D-Bry/Cena is pretty great sounding.

I agree with everything you said. But you meant "great promo work from Punk and Heyman", right? Or did I miss Brock talking later??