DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 5/1 - 5/7/2024 - Little Ditty 'Bout Jack & Tony Khan

I want Chucky to return as his Twitter name, Sexy Chucky T, wearing Zubaz and a Budweiser shirt like he’s Sandman or something and acting like a playboy.

And then I want Trent to get amnesia, start wearing a wig, and be a babyface again. His hair was the source of his babyfaceness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

So apparently the only people immune to the black mist are Willow and Karen Jarrett?

According to Tony Schiavone, Karen Jarrett was already an "evil bitch."

I think he said the same thing about Skye this week too. Maybe it was "crazy bitch," I don't remember.

(Hans Moleman voice)

... I was here for the thiccness...

I actually didn't watch but what was posted on YouTube and the stuff about having to cut Skye out of the wire. All I could wonder was where exactly she goes now with Julia Hart out. I don't see her fitting with HoB but do think she should stay heel in some form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm not sure why they wouldn't do more with Skye and HOB. It sucks that Julia got hurt, but the story writes itself. They probably should've had Skye take Julia's powers to write her off, but Malakai teaching her the way leading to a power struggle when Julia returns is right there. For added flair, you could have Buddy being Skye's protector which creates friction with Brody who has the same role with Julia.

It would be a huge mistake to sideline your <25, conventionally attractive home-grown star who has greatly improved in the ring and loves to work death matches. Skye's a future cornerstone and offers something for pretty much anyone who tunes into AEW for any reason.

• Like 5

Haven't read any replies yet, so at the risk of repeating what @The Natural may have already said: Oh My God! They Killed Kenny! You Bastards!

Seems like I'll get my Copeland HOB Gauntlet, when all I really wanted was a match against Buddy and then everything after that is gravy! The story was that Adam was able to hang but then was gifted a silver bullet due to a freak accident, and if he were to hit the Spear it would absolutely be over. And in the end, he got it.

Young Bucks using clauses in their contracts to usurp power for the time being was another dick move, but I'll allow it.

Swerve vs Christian Cage for the title should be interesting, because Cage made very good points about why he wants revenge on Swerve. Here he is avenging Nick Wayne while Darby is taking hits from a goddamned bus to save others. Where was Darby when Nick needed him to take the hit from Swerve? Also, last week, when Swerve mentioned his slightly estranged daughter, his fate was sealed. Christian Cage was coming for him that instant.

There are no things pointing to any of this that I know of, but what if Joe challenges Okada next? Effective squash of Isiah, here.

I slept through a middle portion of this, but at least Chuck Taylor went out with a F'n bang if this is really it for him. Callis must really be after Trent, not OC, right?

Shibata vs Jericho was weirdly entertaining, but that was the point where I nodded off.

I saw Toni throwing in the towel for Mariah next. I neex to go back to see Brian Cage vs Claudio, since that's a dream match for me, for sure!

I really hope Kenny will be able to come back soon enough. There would be some interesting stuff on the table for him.

Didn't get to Rampage yet.

• Like 1

Skye Blue is so much better as a heel. She wrestles with more confidence and doesn’t look like she’s always trying to figure what her next move is. And the character work is better. She had such little charisma as a face, but she’s turned that blank slate into a strength by just being a cold, heartless heel.

• Like 6

On 5/3/2024 at 5:54 AM, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Softballs used to be balls of yarn with the leather covering, so they were literally soft. They became more like baseballs years later.

For the sake of clarity, the name of the game should've changed at that point, too! "Kinda like baseball" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, however...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

For the sake of clarity, the name of the game should've changed at that point, too! "Kinda like baseball" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, however...

“Baseball but for women because our country is stupid and sexist, average dudes who drink a lot of beer, and also Sid” doesn’t really strike my fancy either.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

“Baseball but for women because our country is stupid and sexist, average dudes who drink a lot of beer, and also Sid” doesn’t really strike my fancy either.

And there are so many consonants as opposed to vowels that an acronym of this wouldn't work either. So I guess we are stuck with "softball".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Re: sexism - in 2002 I went out with a girl who played catcher at her HS and I'd deadass trust her throwing an out to 2nd over half the guys currently in the league

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I think the correct answer here is Sidball.

• Haha 4