DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2024 - THE QUEST~!

RIPPA

12 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

He'll go unpunished for it but he was trying for the mother of all elbows when he yeeted himself into the boards. Dirty as all heck. 

Posted (edited)

Jamie Benn took a break from literally trying to break necks with faceoff crosschecks (Dylan Larkin, among others) to deliver a shoulder hit right to the head of Devon Toews last night.  Given a 5-minute penalty and it was reviewed with the officials somehow determining it wasn't a penalty at all.  I'm utterly baffled.  100% should've been 5 & a game with supplementary discipline.

This is a tough series for me.  On the one hand, there's Colorado.  Rooting for them is anathema for me.  On the other hand, Dallas has Jamie Benn, who literally put the aforementioned Larkin into a halo a few years back.  I do like Nathan Mackinnon so Colorado it is.  Ugh.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I don't even know what's going on with this years Ranger's team, but I'm here for it.

We could have another 1994 with the Knicks and Rangers gunning for their titles. I don't know if the Knicks can pull it off when they're being held together with Reynolds Wrap and chewing gum, but this Rangers squad looks monstrous at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Pete said:

We could have another 1994 with the Knicks and Rangers gunning for their titles. I don't know if the Knicks can pull it off when they're being held together with Reynolds Wrap and chewing gum, but this Rangers squad looks monstrous at the moment.

I don't think the world is ready for another White Bronco chase

• Haha 1

Now, I will be the first to admit that we'd probably at BEST be 2-2 in this series, but goddamn has the reffing in the Panthers series been atrocious. My friend Josh, who is a panthers fan even texted me with "I can't even make a choking joke about the Bruins because I don't think we win that game if the ref didn't give that goal." Combine that with the sucker punch and yeah, I don't see the Panthers-Bruins rivalry going away anytime soon. I have a feeling at least once in 2024-25 we'll have a line brawl.

6 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Now, I will be the first to admit that we'd probably at BEST be 2-2 in this series, but goddamn has the reffing in the Panthers series been atrocious. My friend Josh, who is a panthers fan even texted me with "I can't even make a choking joke about the Bruins because I don't think we win that game if the ref didn't give that goal." Combine that with the sucker punch and yeah, I don't see the Panthers-Bruins rivalry going away anytime soon. I have a feeling at least once in 2024-25 we'll have a line brawl.

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." 

- Ancient Klingon Proverb

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." 

- Ancient Klingon Proverb

I almost hit you with a gorilla monsoon ish WILL YOU STOP but remembered that was Ventura, not heenan

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

The goal probably should have been overturned but there definitely wasn't a lot of force behind the shove. 

And, yeah, a sucker punch but definitely no sympathy for the victim there.