DVDVR Message Board

2024 SPRING TRAINING

RIPPA

Phillies and Zach Wheeler agreed to an extension

3 years, $126 million (no options or opt outs)

The $42 million AAV is the largest ever for a contract extension and is the 4th largest ever on a contract

On 3/3/2024 at 12:44 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Blue Jays radio has Pizza Nova promos from Dominic Primucci which threw me off at first because I heard “Dominic DeNucci”

Category, things I misheard: St. Louis Cardinals radio listing their promos for 2024 including “Battlehawks Night”, which I heard as “Battlarts Night” at first.

• Haha 2

When Crash Davis said that in the majors "ballparks are like cathedrals", I'm not sure if he meant this:

It's definitely unique, it's incredibly beautiful, but wow... I'm just wide eyed at the sight of this thing.

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

When Crash Davis said that in the majors "ballparks are like cathedrals", I'm not sure if he meant this:

It's definitely unique, it's incredibly beautiful, but wow... I'm just wide eyed at the sight of this thing.

May I just say on behalf of all baseball fans that it's our fondest collective wish that the night before it opens the whole thing collapses into a gigantic pile of rubble with the only living thing inside it being John Fisher.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The lack of effort by whoever put that graphic together just using a lineup from either last season or this spring training for the opening of a stadium in 2028 is...something.  

Angel Hernandez is already in mid-season form

Just tossed Lance Lynn out of a Spring Training game

Listening to an Oakland (for now) A’s radio broadcast and one of the commentators kinda sorta sounds like Lance Russell (I don’t know which guy is which, but it’s not the primary PBP guy in the 3rd inning)

edit: the guy i'm mistaking for Lance is Vince Cotroneo, it's more in the cadence than anything.

Vince is a Brooklyn born person raised in Orlando who was broadcasting in Texas before going to the A’s. So it’s not quite Tennessee

Edited by Cobra Commander

25 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

two HR night for Miguel Andujar, who now plays for the Oakland A's if you lost track of him post-Yankees

Last I remember, he was DFA'd by Pittsburgh last year. 

Well this is fucking terrifying

Yankees ace and reigning American League Cy Young winner Gerrit Cole is headed for an MRI on his right elbow, manager Aaron Boone told reporters Monday morning (X link via Newsday’s David Lennon). Cole hasn’t been recovering as well between throwing sessions and will get his elbow checked out to determine if there’s an injury at play. The imaging will take place today.

• Sad 1

Well @Dolfan in NYC doesn't get to be happy either today

Marlins right-hander Edward Cabrera will undergo an MRI on his right shoulder, manager Skip Schumaker tells Christina De Nicola of MLB.com. The righty’s strength tests evidently came back fine but there’s still enough concern that the club would like some more information.

It was reported that Cabrera didn’t make his scheduled start yesterday due to some tightness in his throwing shoulder. Though his scratch was presented as precautionary and Cabrera said he was “already starting to feel better” a few hours later, the concern from the club is enough that some imaging is now planned.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Well I guess the Yankees will be signing Blake Snell later today

I'd say Wednesday, when Cole's MRI is scheduled for. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd say Wednesday, when Cole's MRI is scheduled for. 

For clarity's sake - Cole's MRI was yesterday but the Yanks already said no matter what the MRI says they will be seeking multiple opinions on a "solution"