DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 1/17 - 1/23/2024 - Hooked on a Feeling

55 minutes ago, Craig H said:

They’re not comfortable. Also, they cause the soles of your feet to dry out and peel.

I just see so many boys mostly when I go to pick up my daughter from school, middle school, and they’re all wearing Crocs. And pajamas. I went to the same middle school. We were NEVER allowed to just wear pajama pants. We’d have to call out folks and they’d have to come and bring us a change of pants.

I used to joke about Jnco jeans making a comeback, but now I’d prefer that over whatever the fuck kids are wearing now.

It’s not me who’s wrong, it’s the children.

I guess that explains the wearing them with socks. Also fun fact every one in Idiocracy is wearing crocs

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

They’re not comfortable. Also, they cause the soles of your feet to dry out and peel.

I just see so many boys mostly when I go to pick up my daughter from school, middle school, and they’re all wearing Crocs. And pajamas. I went to the same middle school. We were NEVER allowed to just wear pajama pants. We’d have to call out folks and they’d have to come and bring us a change of pants.

I used to joke about Jnco jeans making a comeback, but now I’d prefer that over whatever the fuck kids are wearing now.

Maaaaaan, lemme tell you, it's about time you boys wore uncomfortable shoes for fashion trends. My feet are killing me.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

Maaaaaan, lemme tell you, it's about time you boys wore uncomfortable shoes for fashion trends. My feet are killing me.

My first pair of Doc Martens (1993), I have no idea why but I bought size 11 when I wear a 12.  Maybe misreading the UK vs US size chart?  Anyway, 30 years later, I still can't decide on if I broke the shoes in or if the shoes broke my feet in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

My first pair of Doc Martens (1993), I have no idea why but I bought size 11 when I wear a 12.  Maybe misreading the UK vs US size chart?  Anyway, 30 years later, I still can't decide on if I broke the shoes in or if the shoes broke my feet in.

Just some very light footbinding, no biggie.

(Don't Google that.)

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

might I remind you that high heels where invented so gentlemen could show off their calf development (the epitome of masculine form at the time) but you ladies took them from US!

Man, just barely caught up on everything since last week's Rampage, but damn is Purrazzo great. Gotta give Red credit for keeping up last week, and Anna did fine but if we can get the ladies more time with a division based around Deonna, Toni, Hayter and maybe Moné? Shit's gonna ruuuule. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

My biggest “OK Xoomer” thing is the prominence of pajamas in public. When I was flying over the holidays I would guess at least 15% of people were wearing pajama pants.

Then again, I recall the early 90s trend of wearing boxer shorts as shorts and may have done so a time or two.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Enough that I bought a pair for work since they are slip proof.

I never thought about this before but I bet that crocs came about as a fashion evolution of the clogs that chefs and cooks wear to kitchen jobs. 

I inherited a pair of light army boots from my grandpa and those things were so painful I forgot about ever trying to wear Docs. Forget it. I break in sneakers enough to not have to untie them; I don't need that shit in my life. 

I’m baffled by people wearing PJs in public but I don’t begrudge anyone wanting to be comfortable while traveling. I always wore comfy shorts when flying, even if I got upgraded to first class. 

This was a tale of two shows for me. I didn't care about Jericho/Sydal, I could not possibly care less about a Penta match (and he immediately started to irritate me even though I wanted to watch it for the skinny Workhorseman), but then Queen Aminata came out and attempted to remove Statlander's head from her body using her ass. The kick as she was laying against the ropes was incredibly vicious too. And THEN, Darby and Jeff Harvey came out to knock everyone's dick in the dirt. The term that probably best describes the match is "kinetic". This was just two streams of violent energy smashing together or against anything else in their path. It was a trade-off of dominance back and forth based on the other guy just getting wrecked, with a nice, snug commercial break with Jeff trying to grind Darby down. And at the end he said "fuck the respect bump, this kid ain't taking my place, I'll get him another day. I'm out". 

But: old guys, amirite? 

PS Tomorrow's Collision is gonna RULE.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Coletti said:

Man, just barely caught up on everything since last week's Rampage, but damn is Purrazzo great. Gotta give Red credit for keeping up last week, and Anna did fine but if we can get the ladies more time with a division based around Deonna, Toni, Hayter and maybe Moné? Shit's gonna ruuuule. 

Throw in Serena Deeb and Athena and baby, you’ve got a stew going!

• Like 3

Jeff and Darby are both nuts, but we know this, right? Fun as hell match. I'm just glad Darby is getting paid well (presumably) for this stuff because lord knows he'd be likely still doing it on the indies if he wasn't here. 

Statlander/Aminata was good and I love Stokely turning into Gary Har.t

• Like 3

Jericho’s jumping top rope rana was pretty fucking killer. I liked that match way more than I expected to.

Yawn, Penta. At least he gave a little.

Rare to see Stat as the shorter woman in a match. Good stuff, some comedy, some stiff shots.

While the main was full of crazy one-upmanship, it did not manage to pull me in. I don’t know, I guess maybe train wreck spot fests aren’t as much my jam as I thought.

44 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Jericho’s jumping top rope rana

Didn't he break his arm against Gedo doing that? Or was that the Shooting Star Press? I think the SSP was the arm break and the rana was him landing on his head, now that I think about it.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Didn't he break his arm against Gedo doing that? Or was that the Shooting Star Press? I think the SSP was the arm break and the rana was him landing on his head, now that I think about it.

I remember the same. Shooting Star Press was the armbreak in SMW. Botched top rope rana vs. Gedo at WCW Halloween Havoc 1997.