DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK TEN

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

And allegedly Michigan and media members are investigating links between the private investigation firm that turned Michigan in and Ohio State.

This is a fucking soap opera 

I mean if I was tOSU and thought my chief rival was blatantly breaking a pretty big rule... Yeah I might just drop a breadcrumb or six pointing at the sketchy guy on the sidelines with the camcorder. 

19 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I mean if I was tOSU and thought my chief rival was blatantly breaking a pretty big rule... Yeah I might just drop a breadcrumb or six pointing at the sketchy guy on the sidelines with the camcorder. 

Fair but the issue that's allegedly being investigated is if Ohio State/Ryan Day paid somebody that then hacked Connor Stallions' computer.

Which would be even more batshit insane than everything else so far.

Ope LSU kinda blinked with that turnover.

Michigan started hot, the offense kinda vanished in the second and most of the third, now they are rolling again. Defense has been great. Still haven't allowed a third quarter point this season.

Washington and USC are playing a fundamentally different sport than most of their future conference mates, and I don't know if they are gonna come in next year running past teams or getting punched in the mouth.

Colorado went from fun to watch to really not fun to watch after just a few weeks. I don't know the real numbers but they must have one of the worst OLs in the country, and why am I watching football at 12:40 AM when I have to wake up at 9 AM to watch more football. At least we get an extra hour tonight.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Ope LSU kinda blinked with that turnover.

Michigan started hot, the offense kinda vanished in the second and most of the third, now they are rolling again. Defense has been great. Still haven't allowed a third quarter point this season.

Washington and USC are playing a fundamentally different sport than most of their future conference mates, and I don't know if they are gonna come in next year running past teams or getting punched in the mouth.

I think they get punched in the mouth. Neither played a lick of defense tonight. No way that happens in games against Ohio or Michigan. 

11 hours ago, Pete said:

More like Air Farce, amirite?

Army were 18 1/2 point underdogs so I would assume this would be the biggest upset so far of the CFB season.

50 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I think they get punched in the mouth. Neither played a lick of defense tonight. No way that happens in games against Ohio or Michigan. 

Maybe, yeah.

But I'm more fascinated by USC vs Iowa and UCLA vs Minnesota and things like that. Mid-level teams that play such a fundamentally different version of football.

Like, if Washington and Oregon don't fall off much next season, I'm sure they'll beat most of the B1G teams. See what happens when they play the two/three East powers, etc. Ditto for Michigan and Ohio State and likely Penn State against USC and UCLA unless somebody either drastically declines or improves.

But Iowa vs USC man...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Army were 18 1/2 point underdogs so I would assume this would be the biggest upset so far of the CFB season.

TCU were 21 point favorites against Colorado way back at the start of the year. That's the only bigger one I can think of off hand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe, yeah.

But I'm more fascinated by USC vs Iowa and UCLA vs Minnesota and things like that. Mid-level teams that play such a fundamentally different version of football.

Like, if Washington and Oregon don't fall off much next season, I'm sure they'll beat most of the B1G teams. See what happens when they play the two/three East powers, etc. Ditto for Michigan and Ohio State and likely Penn State against USC and UCLA unless somebody either drastically declines or improves.

But Iowa vs USC man...

I think USC beats Iowa by three touchdowns. Iowa's defense is excellent but no way they hold up against a USC offense all day. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Colorado went from fun to watch to really not fun to watch after just a few weeks. I don't know the real numbers but they must have one of the worst OLs in the country, and why am I watching football at 12:40 AM when I have to wake up at 9 AM to watch more football. At least we get an extra hour tonight.

Welcome to the Pat Shurmur Experience