DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Mister TV said:

College Football is full of blindly loyal weirdos so can see this goof being a G. Gordan Liddy type and be willing to take the fall. Forgetting to "scout" TCU was also a drastic mistake on their part.

And see that is where you're wrong... they weren't being loyal...

They wanted to take over:

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, that is... something. 

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I've spent all my spare time this week dealing with 18 months of my father's unread email, unsubscribing him from mailing lists and deleting thousands of conspiracy theory emails.  I didn't expect the craziest thing I read all week to be on the weekly CFB thread here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I suddenly find the "rogue staffer" explanation way more believable.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Army/Navy game will remain in place and will be played as a non-conference game between the two schools despite now both being in the AAC

So if they two schools somehow ended up in the AAC championship game - they would play on back to back weeks

Army (like Navy) will also keeps its yearly game against Air Force

Army and Navy will also be the only two AAC members who aren't Basketball members (both are in the Patriot League for basketball)

Also with SMU departing the AAC. I wonder if the AAC will drop to 13 Basketball members or if they'll add another non-football school member (Wichita State is the only AAC member that isn't a football school).

Clearly the most responsible thing possible is to rumor Gonzaga joining the AAC

(the rumor is VCU to the AAC)

Edited by Cobra Commander

So the most recent news in the Michigan story is that this apparently started at the NCAA level on Tuesday when a third party investigative firm brought evidence from computer hard drives to the NCAA.

Who hired the firm and how they obtained access to the information is currently still unknown though the wild fan speculation is that Matt Weiss, angry about being fired over whatever the hell it is he did (still being investigated by the UMPD, but a spokesperson said it's not connected to Stallion) leaked it as revenge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Sam Houston and UTEP had a color rush game last night because UTEP packed their home jerseys instead of their road jerseys and El Paso is a long ways away from the rest of Texas. Then UTEP made a late comeback to keep Sam Houston winless for the season.

You ain't kidding about El Paso! Driving wise, it's about the same distance from El Paso to Los Angeles as it is El Paso to the closest point on the eastern border of Texas.

• Haha 1

Take it for what it is worth but Steve Sarkisian is starting to tease that Arch Manning is gonna see playing time sooner rather than later (Maalik Murphy is still scheduled to start)

• Like 1

The NCAA isn't exactly buying Harbaugh's rouge staffers theory and is at Michigan investigating.  

Little correlated piece of info:

Harbaugh from 2015 - 2020 Against the Spread:  32-38-1 

Harbaugh From 2021 (when these dastardly rogue staffers who had nothing to do with him began taping) - today ATS:  22-11-2. 

In that same period:

Clemson (14-19)

tOSU (14-16-1)

Oklahoma (17-14-1)

Alabama (19-16)

Georgia (20-17)

I sure do wonder what the difference could have been...  🤔🧐🤔

The NCAA isn't exactly buying Harbaugh's rouge staffers theory and is at Michigan investigating.  

Little correlated piece of info:

Harbaugh from 2015 - 2020 Against the Spread:  32-38-1 

Harbaugh From 2021 (when these dastardly rogue staffers who had nothing to do with him began taping) - today ATS:  22-11-2. 

In that same period:

Clemson (14-19)

tOSU (14-16-1)

Oklahoma (17-14-1)

Alabama (19-16)

Georgia (20-17)

I sure do wonder what the difference could have been...  🤔🧐🤔

In another sign of just how weird this whole thing is, there's a completely different "look how much it helped" argument that completely contradicts that one.

Jim Harbaugh's record at Michigan when fans are allowed in stands 77-21

Record in 2020 where they couldn't "scout": 2-4

• Like 1

And speaking of Matt Weiss, apparently he's now being investigated by the FBI.

Still no word on what, exactly, his alleged "computer access crimes" entailed, but it's again been emphasized it has nothing to do with the sign stealing scouting scandal.

It's so weird having the best time in decades to be a Michigan fan literally also be the worst time ever to be a Michigan fan.

Ope everyone needs to find a new joke though, "they didn't scout TCU" is dead.

The Horned Frogs knew Michigan was good at stealing signals and changed them and used dummy signals to fool Michigan during the game.

Actual football talk

There are only two Top 25 matchups this week (#8 Oregon at #13 Utah and #20 Duke at #18 Louisville) and both are in the 3:30 est window.

There's a few interesting potential upset type games. Biggest one to me is if Georgia can't get their offense running without Bowers against Florida. 

• Like 1

looking at the TV schedule.. I might end up watching some OU vs KU unless it's a total massacre quickly. Maybe Houston vs K-State will be interesting. Gonna be a lot of "watch whatever game is the closest/most interesting" before I go off to the World Series. Got late Fresno State and Nevada games if I feel like watching Mountain West games late. Hawaii's at home but I don't put the effort into figuring out how to watch their games that aren't on an actual cable channel.

The CBS Sports Network football lineup is some real Sickos-quality games: UMass at Army, Miami-Ohio at Ohio U, Air Force at Colorado State, and New Mexico at Nevada.

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

And speaking of Matt Weiss, apparently he's now being investigated by the FBI.

Still no word on what, exactly, his alleged "computer access crimes" entailed, but it's again been emphasized it has nothing to do with the sign stealing scouting scandal.

It's so weird having the best time in decades to be a Michigan fan literally also be the worst time ever to be a Michigan fan.

Supposedly, Weiss was accessing student records and then using that information to stalk/harass co-eds.

As a Michigan fan, I'm unhappy anytime they're accused of cheating or breaking the rules.

Having said that, if somebody watching/filming your sideline with a freaking cellphone is enough to crack the code on your system, well, maybe rethink how you're doing things.  I'm also 100% certain Michigan is not the only school doing something similar.

And, of course, the NCAA could handle this by allowing radio helmets or allowing in-person scouting, which the majority of schools have voted in favor of already.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Supposedly, Weiss was accessing student records and then using that information to stalk/harass co-eds.

of course a college coach who was old enough to be using Facebook in 2005 is acting like someone stalking Facebook profiles to try and hook up with hot girls