DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TWO

dogwelder

Just now, dogwelder said:

Fire Ron Rivera

Honestly, he's just a place holder.  If they had an owner when those types of decisions were being made, I'm pretty sure he'd already be gone.  They already have his replacement, and that replacement even fulfils the Rooney Rule.  He's the coach right now, but I don't think there is a single thing he could do to stay the coach next year.  

Fields is good but he’s on a bad team. The team is so bad that they need to draft nothing but linemen for the next 3 years. Anybody else you draft, no matter how good they are, will get wasted. The Bears are always 1 of the worst teams, overshadowed only by the teams that are just as bad but have some other kind of drama off the field going on. 

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

All the people who picked the Giants in survivor are stupid 

Last season, they got where they got by playing high-risk/high-reward football and lobbed grenades all over the field.  That strategy is great when you aren't as talented as your opponents.  The problem is you're just as likely to blow yourself up as your opponent.  So far this season, they are playing like they are as good as their opponents and haven't thrown a single grenade.  They still have a talent deficit, but they are trying to play it straight.  They need to blow something up, or it's going to be a long season.  

14 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Honestly, he's just a place holder.  If they had an owner when those types of decisions were being made, I'm pretty sure he'd already be gone.  They already have his replacement, and that replacement even fulfils the Rooney Rule.  He's the coach right now, but I don't think there is a single thing he could do to stay the coach next year.  

Eh, I'm not sure if Bieniemy is the coach in waiting.  It'll probably depend on how the season goes.

And I know Rivera is a place holder.  But I think it would make the vast majority of Washington fans happy considering how horrible he's been.

10 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

it feels gentle to assume that Bieniemy leaving was a purely voluntary thing as opposed to it being a bit of an unannounced separation between EB and the Chiefs

Sure, if teams often fire their offensive coordinators after winning the Super Bowl when the difference in the game was him scheming open multiple uncovered touchdowns.  Don't get me wrong, he probably had to leave, because he wants to be a head coach and no one gave him any credit for the Chief's success.  I don't think the Chiefs were going to be the ones to ask him to leave.  

Just now, supremebve said:

Sure, if teams often fire their offensive coordinators after winning the Super Bowl when the difference in the game was him scheming open multiple uncovered touchdowns.  Don't get me wrong, he probably had to leave, because he wants to be a head coach and no one gave him any credit for the Chief's success.  I don't think the Chiefs were going to be the ones to ask him to leave.  

Well there are the rumors that Bieniemy felt threatened by Matt Nagy getting more power in the Chiefs' coaching staff.  And it's also rumored that he got a huge bump in pay when he signed with Washington.

Matt Nagy has been in the Andy Reid coaching universe for 15 years so they needed to open that spot to make him the OC again.

Of course I don't think that Andy Reid OC's really do much of anything on their own, so Matt Nagy's first two games with Mahomes being pretty meh offensive efforts is what it is. Yeah they showed Matt Nagy talking to offensive players at one time but if he's not calling plays, how much of the talking is gonna mean anything.

It says a lot about how the game has changed, when it comes to Logan Thomas getting KTFO in catching a touchdown pass. Circa 2000, ESPN NFL Primetime would have shown it eighty three billion times with the words "JACKED UP" said roughly the same amount, and now it gets a player ejected.

(I prefer modern day, if you were wondering)

• Like 3