DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

I didnt watch the game( or at least listen, I had it on as background for a bit), but can' imagine it was worse than the ATL-NE Super Bowl were Joe Buck had Tom brady cock in his mouth down to the balls the entire second half about how if any QB could make this comeback it was TOM BRADY. . .Its like these guys have Vince in their ear. . .Romo's getting pretty bad with Josh now too. . . 

5 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

I didnt watch the game( or at least listen, I had it on as background for a bit), but can' imagine it was worse than the ATL-NE Super Bowl were Joe Buck had Tom brady cock in his mouth down to the balls the entire second half about how if any QB could make this comeback it was TOM BRADY. . .Its like these guys have Vince in their ear. . .Romo's getting pretty bad with Josh now too. . . 

For what it's worth, the ATL-NE Super Bowl deserved the type of hyperbole it got.  There was not a second of that comeback that didn't feel like it was inevitable.  I actually think Kyle Shannahan is a very good coach, but he spends a lot of time trying to outrap E-40*.  His biggest strength as a coach is how he designs run schemes, but instead of running the ball he decides to throw the ball around even with a big lead.  

*There is a Bun B interview where he gives some of the best advice of all time.  Don't try to outrap E-40.  You might be able to do what you can do better than E-40, but you can't do what E-40 does better than E-40.  Once you get caught up in trying to outrap E-40, you will lose.  Just do what you do as well as you can do it.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

IMO, the worst was always Peyton. He would throw two interceptions that killed his team in a playoff game and the commentary would be about how great he's been all day.

I dunno, the Bret Favre and Aaron Rodgers slurping is right up there. Favre was "just having fun" as he threw into triple coverage. Meanwhile, Rodgers has never made a wrong read or inaccurate pass in his life. If it wasn't for receivers running incorrect routes, he'd never have an incompletion. 

It was worse than the SB IMO. I’m responding again not to be totally negative, but to explain how it was worse even though Brady did deserve credit for keeping the team together and running that offense. Before it was over of course he caught the pass he threw to Edelman and sacked Matt Ryan the way they called it and the way homers repeated it, all after the damage control that was just as annoying that Kuestar was talking about. It was worse that that lol!

Favre isn’t even on the ballot for biggest example anymore since this stuff has gotten that out of control. I say that knowing full well how bad it was with him in his postprime but G*% D@£# asterisk…I’m still not over that. 

Rodgers needs no further explanation than Tabe’s but I’ll do some anyway. The media made a bigger deal out of how great he was for proving the 49ers wrong by being good, than they made about the 49ers beating his ass every time they ever played a game that mattered. 

Peyton’s about like Favre at this point imo. It was bad with him too but it’s just been topped so many times. 

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Haha 1

There needs to be some kind of stipulation on the Commanders vs Cardinals game where if Washington loses they must bring back Dan Snyder as owner of the team for the rest of the year.   The buzz around this game is the biggest in probably decades for the Commanders.   Arizona is a team desperate to lose as many games as possible with a coach that Jim Zorn look like Rex Ryan in terms of energy and excitement    The only excuse Washington has is that they are usually a terrible Week 1 team

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

There needs to be some kind of stipulation on the Commanders vs Cardinals game where if Washington loses they must bring back Dan Snyder as owner of the team for the rest of the year.   The buzz around this game is the biggest in probably decades for the Commanders.   Arizona is a team desperate to lose as many games as possible with a coach that Jim Zorn look like Rex Ryan in terms of energy and excitement    The only excuse Washington has is that they are usually a terrible Week 1 team

If they lose Ron Rivera should be out on his ass before the end of the day. . . .

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!!

(Sam Howell got drilled late in the head and all hell broke loose)

EDIT - and there is now a delay because one of the refs got drilled in the process and is getting checked by the doctors

OH MY GOD THAT BIJAN ROBINSON MOVE. SLIIIICK.

edit: somebody get Chris Berman to do the highlight for the Bijan Robinson TD. "WHOOOP!" makes one guy miss. "BOOOM" has he runs through two arm tackles. "It's a TOUCHDOWN~!"

Edited by SirFozzie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

watching on red zone. It is definitely Cleveland-Cincinatti weather at the Cleveland-Cincinatti game! Just needs to be about 30 degrees cooler to be quintessential Ohio weather.

My birthday is June 30th, as a native Ohioan, I had multiple birthdays growing up where I needed a jacket.  I'm already tired of Deshaun Watson.  Nick Chubb is still awesome though.