DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK ONE

RIPPA

22 minutes ago, EVA said:

This reminded me Mike Leach’s first game at Mississippi State when they threw for like 600 yards on LSU. A new offense just annihilating a totally clueless defense.

The Bulldogs ended up going 4-7 that year.

As an alumni, I can say the Bulldogs weren't playing in the Pac-12.

It's going to be a lot of absurd scores and Colorado is going to win some of these at least.

Kyle McCord just made a really good throw, but he's been pretty underwhelming today so far.

Indiana probably doesn't have enough to take advantage of this, but they'll definitely need to iron out some issues before they play ND.

I’m a Florida State Seminole in case anybody forgot, and I’m proud of Deion. I didn’t think he’d be a good coach at all. Celebrity coaches almost never work out, especially in college. As for the Twitter yammer, he’s just messing with the media imo. He’s always been smart like that. I just thought he wouldn’t be a good coach because he would be a little to nice to the players, a little to worried about what to wear to the game, etc. I thought sure he would be wearing his old suits to the games lol!

As for the game, I know somebody’s always caught sleeping in week 1 but I don’t think that’s what happened today. I think Deion has motivated that team and that they will go as far as possible with what they have. I know sometimes celebrity coaches get these wins then don’t answer next week or the next time they have a big game or something but that doesn’t look like that will happen with this team. 

I’m also a John Harbaugh fan. I think they’re just keeping the team motivated through his little thing which is just as important in easy games. He’s just the kind of coach who will never have a good relationship with the administration. Or the GM/owner in the NFL. Nothing to see there really.

Tulane really handed it to South AL (well, really it was vice-versa, thanks to USA’s 5 TO’s). Green Wave very much alive and the G5 playoff front runner. Perhaps the *only* runner with Boise, South AL, and UTSA going down.

In other G5 news:

Army’s first outing with its new look offense was a disaster, losing to Louisiana-Monroe, 17-13.

Texas State shocked Baylor with its own new look offense, 42-31. (Dave Aranda’s seat getting warm?)

Northern Illinois clipped Boston College. (Hafley’s seat RED HOT.)

Fresno took down Purdue.

And Toledo *almost* stole a win from Illinois.

EDIT: oh and Wyoming literally just stunned Texas Tech in 2OT. UCLA is letting Coastal Carolina hang around, too…

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EVA said:

SIMULTANEOUS RISE AND FALL OF THE PAC-12

I’m really rooting for them to send a team to the playoffs. 

Oregon State making a run to the playoffs would be the most surreal and fascinating story in recent CFB history.

But I still just have a hard time imagining anyone coming out of that conference with one loss or less. Too many good teams.