DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 8/9 - 8/15/2023

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, LF2 said:

So what happened before the Acclaimed came out? I tried watching on Hulu Live before I realized it’s broken, and I had to download the TNT App. I caught the rest of the show from that point on, and enjoyed it for the most part (I thought the Christian segment was a miss as was the match that followed it). 

Off topic but how did your meet with Matt Cardona go?

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

To me, this was one of the weaker episodes of Collision. Too much talking and not enough of the in-ring stuff that's supposed to separate it from Dynamite and Rampage. The main event delivered and the women's tag was a pleasant surprise. The Joe squash had a purpose (and how about that lariat Joe used?) but, stuff like the impromptu Luchasaurus/Brock Anderson deal and the whole Hobbs/Miro thing seemed more suited for Dynamite.

• Like 1

Loved union man Punk. Good for him. Amazing how far away the camera stayed during that entrance.

Wrestling isn’t crossing the picket line. That’s not how it works. If a WGA member decided to write a book during this time that wouldn’t be crossing it either.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Off topic but how did your meet with Matt Cardona go?

Oh gosh that was an ordeal. I got there early enough to be first in line. He was due at 1 PM. So maybe five minutes before they announce he’s running late due to a flight delay, but he’ll be there soon (I think they said by 1:15). Then they announce at 1:15 that he’s “on his way, and he’ll be there by 1:30.” The meet and greet was supposed to last an hour and they were running a show at 2 PM, plus it was hotter than heck as we were all standing outdoors in the sun from 12:15 on. Finally at 1:30 the promoter says “Oh he’s not coming yet, he’ll be here for a meet and greet at 4 PM.” Which of course ticked off many of us. My mom and I left as we had plans, and even one of the wrestlers walked over by the line, and started yelling at the promoter about how he’d angered the fans, should have been more professional, and should have told us all the truth to start with. Needless to say I didn’t meet Cardona, but I don’t blame him. I get travel delays, I just blame the promoter for being dishonest and making people wait in the heat for something he knew wasn’t happening. 

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Punk wearing the union shirt while to some extent crossing a picket line to perform...

Nah, I'm not going to bring up worker's rights with him, that hasn't ended well before.

I was kind of hoping he’d wear a Heels t-shirt since he knew the reaction he’d get anyhow and giving that show a free plug would have been nice as he’s still part of the cast too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Oh gosh that was an ordeal. I got there early enough to be first in line. He was due at 1 PM. So maybe five minutes before they announce he’s running late due to a flight delay, but he’ll be there soon (I think they said by 1:15). Then they announce at 1:15 that he’s “on his way, and he’ll be there by 1:30.” The meet and greet was supposed to last an hour and they were running a show at 2 PM, plus it was hotter than heck as we were all standing outdoors in the sun from 12:15 on. Finally at 1:30 the promoter says “Oh he’s not coming yet, he’ll be here for a meet and greet at 4 PM.” Which of course ticked off many of us. My mom and I left as we had plans, and even one of the wrestlers walked over by the line, and started yelling at the promoter about how he’d angered the fans, should have been more professional, and should have told us all the truth to start with. Needless to say I didn’t meet Cardona, but I don’t blame him. I get travel delays, I just blame the promoter for being dishonest and making people wait in the heat for something he knew wasn’t happening. 

Sorry to read this and I wouldn't have brought it up had I known. No wonder people were pissed at the promoter. Hope you get a second chance down the line.

Enjoyed the tag match between Stat and Willow vs Diamante and Martinez. Nice to see the heels steal a win too so that things can continue. I'm always for any sort of direction or feud in the division.

I'm a fan of a heel losing it all and then losing their shit (seeLaurel Van Ness) so I'm here for newly unhinged Toni Storm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Can they just stop giving Punk a mic? At this point I just want him to wrestle and I've never been one to prefer his wrestling over his mic work. 

Anyway, Miro's theme is brought to you by the Ghost of Basil Poledouris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZMlq_MdmR0&ab_channel=AEWMusic

100%

I enjoy Punk the wrestler, Punk the person should be shot into the sun, it does tickle me how much Hangman lives in his head though.  Poor fella.

Really enjoyed the main event, loved the woman's tag, Starks promo and I want more Bullet Club Gold on my TV at all times.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jamal said:

Enjoyed the tag match between Stat and Willow vs Diamante and Martinez. Nice to see the heels steal a win too so that things can continue. I'm always for any sort of direction or feud in the division.

I'm a fan of a heel losing it all and then losing their shit (seeLaurel Van Ness) so I'm here for newly unhinged Toni Storm.

Couldn't agree more, love to see it! Nobody better to anchor that division on Saturdays than Mercedes, storied career with no major injuries that I know of and she's an avid Bret Hart fan. Stat having double knee braces before the age of 30 is rough, hope she can wrestle a long time but strike while the iron is hot

Main event was some fantastic TV wrestling. Felt like everyone was on point, that was the best HoB have looked to me in a while. Even commentary was great, JR sounds like he can call one match a week and that's fine by me. He still got to beat his dead horse about too many DDTs but Nigel saved it by saying it's about technique more than impact and that's all you have to do to keep the old guy on track

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jrag said:

Wrestling isn’t crossing the picket line. That’s not how it works. If a WGA member decided to write a book during this time that wouldn’t be crossing it either.  

Wrestling Fans: Wrestling is not a real sport, it's scripted entertainment!

Also Wrestling Fans: Wrestlers don't deserve a union because they're athletes, not actors!

Capitalism has broken so many brains in this dumb country

2 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Wrestling Fans: Wrestling is not a real sport, it's scripted entertainment!

Also Wrestling Fans: Wrestlers don't deserve a union because they're athletes, not actors!

Capitalism has broken so many brains in this dumb country

Are wrestling fans in any quantity saying that wrestlers don’t deserve a union or are you making up a guy to be mad at?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I enjoy Punk the wrestler, Punk the person should be shot into the sun, it does tickle me how much Hangman lives in his head though.  Poor fella.

Whining about being chopped too, god how irritating. Go bitch to them in the back instead. We know it's a work and don't need you pointing it out to us. 

I'm sure if he read this he'd respond that he's being a heel on purpose and I'm the mark for not catching it. Suuuuure pal. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Whining about being chopped too, god how irritating. Go bitch to them in the back instead. We know it's a work and don't need you pointing it out to us. 

I'm sure if he read this he'd respond that he's being a heel on purpose and I'm the mark for not catching it. Suuuuure pal. 

Guy gave an ESPN interview in June that had people Zaprudering chops from a year prior. He literally couldn’t have made a funnier complaint. This is gold, Jerry! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jrag said:

Are wrestling fans in any quantity saying that wrestlers don’t deserve a union or are you making up a guy to be mad at?

LF2 has been Very Mad about Stephen Amell getting roasted for crossing picket lines to promote Heels for a few weeks now, and unfortunately I see his dogshit opinion has started leaking outside of the WGA thread

10 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If the effect is massaging his ego, it is definitely on point

The effect he is going for is to very clearly make 50 - 70% of you mad. And to make me smirk.

I think he saw that Hangman sign and thought to himself this atmosphere has been great what if I could make it even more polarizing.  

Truly an all time great pro wrassler!

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 2