DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 8/7 - 8/13/2023

Dolfan in NYC

What kind of merge it will be from the pdf,  "As a result of the merger, Merger Sub will merge with and into WWE, with WWE surviving and becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of NewPubCo."  

So not the Zuffa, LLC and World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc merge some thought would happen instead.

More info on page 9 and 10, and Zuffa's fate, to HoldCo.

Page 12 and then 13 has the graphs of pre and post merger.

For WWE, WWE LLC is also born after.

Say goodbye soon to the operating company Vince McMahon Jr started in 1980, as Titan Sports, Inc. 1980, which became World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. in 2002.

Edited by 赤い竜

Really tells you how glad most people are that they took the belt off of Theory that nobody cares how stupid it was. I mean if Santos isnt turning heel quickly then he is dumber than Theory

No idea where they are going with Jey and they probably don't either

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

Charlotte/Asuka was pretty solid up until the Damage Ctrl interference.

AJ/Kross was pretty solid and one of Kross's better matches on the main roster. Only bad moment was that botched reverse DDT segment. That was on both guys.

Skipped around a lot of Edge's segment. I'm good with Edge/Sheamus as a match to celebrate 25 years of Edge.

Knight/Dolla was fine. 

Rey/Theory was fun for what it was. I'm glad Theory finally lost the title, but I hate that its to Rey instead of Santos or Knight. Love Rey, but I'm long past wanting to see him with a title that isn't tag related. Guessing this means Rey was meant to win that tournament final between him and Santos a few weeks back. Seems dumb to go back to that now when the crowd would have seemingly been acceptable of Santos winning.

The Final segment was solid, but has me confused as to where they are going with Jey or any of this. Don't think the Bloodline story is dead in interest, but its definitely in a down period for me. It is good to see Jey still so over as a face. Doesn't seem like the crowd has given up on him yet so hopefully they cash in on that soon instead of dragging whatever this is out too much.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I remember when people said it made sense for LA Knight to not win MITB because it created better stories for the World title and for LA pursuing the US title?

Yeah. Cool.

I thought Knight should have won and been the one to dethrone Theory. Still think that is what should have happened as the current Judgement Day dissension is not something anyone is really clamoring for. 

• Like 2

Every time I turned it on somebody I don't like was on there

- Theory (guess he got his first name back)

- Edge 

- Killer Kross

- Reigns saying "adknowledge me" which is such a lame, whiny-ass sounding fucking catchphrase

But I stuck around for the very very end and that was fun enough. He superkicked Reigns during the Spear which I called but didn't think they'd actually do. All the superkicks looked good (I guess Bucks need to be watching the Usos too). And Jey just taking his ball and going home was fun. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Every time I turned it on somebody I don't like was on there

- Theory (guess he got his first name back)

- Edge 

- Killer Kross

- Reigns saying "adknowledge me" which is such a lame, whiny-ass sounding fucking catchphrase

But I stuck around for the very very end and that was fun enough. He superkicked Reigns during the Spear which I called but didn't think they'd actually do. All the superkicks looked good (I guess Bucks need to be watching the Usos too). And Jey just taking his ball and going home was fun. 

I’m 99% sure if the board did a worst current catchphrase poll Reigns would win in a landslide. I don’t get why the live crowds love it so much, and then actually do it. I’ve seen him live three separate times with that nonsense and I’ve never once stood up or threw a finger in the air like he’s someone special. 

Well, when you have people singing along to the theme of a wrestler as crapulous and irritating as Rollins, you know you're dealing with buildings full of lemmings. 

I'm still wondering if there are more themes with "Whoa-Oh-Ohs" in them than Rollins, Cody, and Becky...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Well, when you have people singing along to the theme of a wrestler as crapulous and irritating as Rollins, you know you're dealing with buildings full of lemmings. 

I'm still wondering if there are more themes with "Whoa-Oh-Ohs" in them than Rollins, Cody, and Becky...

Don’t say that or they’ll change Logan Pauls theme too. Sadly I can see him wanting that and acting like it’s cool. 

I'm fine with Rey taking the belt off Theory since it'll probably lead to Santos taking the belt off Rey in what will be a better match and a bigger deal. I actually like Theory but it's starting to feel like they need to stop trying to make him a thing, just feels like he doesn't connect with anything they've done on the main roster.

The Jimmy explanation was unexpected and kinda did nothing for anyone except hurt Jimmy. I look forward to Jey entering his crow phase and showing up in the rafters of WWE arenas or his Loose Cannon phase and showing up at random indies threatening to piss on the crowd. 

Also, I think this week's MVPs have to be Los Lotharios and their telenovela segment from NXT. Hopefully from here on out all their promos are filmed in that manner, kinda like the Vaudevillians and their black and white silent movie segments.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 赤い竜 said:

Vince McMahon will own somewhere around 16% of TKO Group Holdings and the same number percentage of votes. The new WWE will be even less of a McMahon family business.

I don't see Endeavor not letting Vince 100%  have say over operations related to wrestling. Obviously they don't have to and be hands on if they want to but I don't see them getting hands on just yet. I keep seeing that Triple H isn't on the board of Directors and likely won't have any creative involvement in the product when everything officially gets into place. I guess Hunters involvement depends on how much ,if at all involvement Vince will allow. I'm sure Hunter walked away with some really good money out of the sell but I'm sure he would have rather have been given and position of executive power in the company.

15 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I don't see Endeavor not letting Vince 100%  have say over operations related to wrestling. Obviously they don't have to and be hands on if they want to but I don't see them getting hands on just yet. I keep seeing that Triple H isn't on the board of Directors and likely won't have any creative involvement in the product when everything officially gets into place. I guess Hunters involvement depends on how much ,if at all involvement Vince will allow. I'm sure Hunter walked away with some really good money out of the sell but I'm sure he would have rather have been given and position of executive power in the company.

No offense but we are gonna have to wait and see what happens. Me, I am just gonna wait until the sale/merger deal is done and finalized.

There isn't any reliable news online about Triple H losing his other jobs. We have to keep in mind Triple H's heart problems, and one less job is good for his heart.

I only need and want Triple H to still be the Chief Content Officer after the merge going forward.

• Like 1