DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

The advantage that the Heat have had in this playoff run has been playing hard team first well coached basketball. The Nuggets play hard team first well coached basketball with a bigger and more talented roster. I'd be shocked if they win another game.

On 6/7/2023 at 7:51 PM, Sparkleface said:

Jeff Van Gundy in general is tiresome.

Tonight, Jeff threw out the gem that the referees letting stuff (lots of contact) go benefits Miami because they're.........smaller.  And more athletic.  Say what?  

• Haha 1

Yeah, even with the refs actually calling the stuff that Jokic always gets away with, the Heat had no answers for anything thrown out there by the Nuggets.  

I'm still all in on my boys and love them with all my heart.  But, I'm realistic and it's not looking good right now. 

If Denver finishes this off, which it looks like they will, I think one of my favorite things about it will be that Jeff Green and Deandre Jordan will get rings after being old as fuck journeymen for a good while now (especially Green).

Additionally, the Clippers did this:

1. Wanted Westbrook
  2. Traded Reggie Jackson because he beefs with Westbrook
  3. The Balsa Wood Brothers predictably snap like twigs in Round 1
  4. Reggie Jackson looks like he gets a ring before Westbrook

If it's rigged, it's rigged the way I like it.

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Yeah, even with the refs actually calling the stuff that Jokic always gets away with, the Heat had no answers for anything thrown out there by the Nuggets.  

I'm still all in on my boys and love them with all my heart.  But, I'm realistic and it's not looking good right now. 

So when the rim was crooked, if anyone other than Jokic hangs on it to try and straighten it out like Jokic did, what's the odds that the refs tech that player up? That's a sucker bet, right?

• Like 1

Having seen that, two things popped into my head:

1. It's no wonder that Conor to WWE thing faded.  I do not want to imagine what would happen if Conor legit tagged Brock in a match.  

2. The Heat mascot is one of the longest tenured employees of the organization and if the numbers out there are to be believed, is the highest paid mascot in the NBA.  I'm guessing Riley is having whatever he's paid doubled.  

Oh, and the Heat and Burnie should both sue Conor for being a fucking moron who clearly doesn't know how to pull his punches. 

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Well that was a terrible call.

Truly unbelievably bad.

Didn't end up mattering but damn would that have been the talking point for the next few days.

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's no wonder that Conor to WWE thing faded.  I do not want to imagine what would happen if Conor legit tagged Brock in a match.  

Well now I certainly do! Sounds like it'd be hilarious!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, mystman said:

Oh good it's not just me.

--------

I do hope Jimmy Butler gets a ring at some point. I don't want him to end up on what Barkley calls the "shit list."

Christian Braun becomes one of 5 players to win an NCAA and NBA championship in consecutive years.

He is one of 3 players to do so and actually contribute in the NBA playoffs part.  The other two are Bill Russell and Magic Johnson so I guess clear a place for him in Springfield now.

1 hour ago, mystman said:

Seeing Brock spike Conor like a football would be very entertaining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I feel that Brock Lesnar would treat him like a piece of licorice.

And I'm not a Brock stan.

Yeah. It's not even "Brock is a better fighter" (I legit have no idea which one is a more skilled mixed martial artist) so much as it is "fighting has weight classes for a reason and Brock has over a hundred lbs on him."

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah. It's not even "Brock is a better fighter" (I legit have no idea which one is a more skilled mixed martial artist) so much as it is "fighting has weight classes for a reason and Brock has over a hundred lbs on him."

Exactly, 5'9 150lbs vs 6'3 275lbs is not a fair fight.

Jokic has the chance to do the funniest thing imaginable:

Also, not for nothing, but this is another prime example of "if you win 20 in the show... the press will think you're colorful!"

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Ah yes, the yearly reminder that sports teams are run and owned by a bunch of ghouls. Quit whispering in Lisa Salters' ear, you pencil-dick creep.

Maybe he was asking her if she finally knows who Jokic is.

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1