DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

It's amazing how good Denver can be when it clicks.

When they first traded for Gordon I had thought they were the best team in NBA right then for like 8 games before Murray's knee exploded.

Gordon was just such a perfect fit. A guy with a ton of athleticism who didn't quite have the skill to be a star and seemed perpetually miscast in every role Orlando tried him in, but being able to just run fast and jump high and attack the rim on backdoor cuts while paired with a passing genius who also brings the opposing center out of the paint is just perfect.

Jokic was amazing last year but it was just a lost cause with Gordon essentially being the second best player on the team instead of the fourth. Getting Murray and Porter back, adding KCP who is another "was severely miscast when Detroit tried making him a primary building block" guy who absolutely flourishes as a "little bit of everything" role player on good teams... I really like this team and I'm mad at myself for kinda writing them off when they slept walked through the last like six weeks of the season.

• Like 2

Goddamn, I love Jimmy Butler. 

Reporter: We'll see you in Miami, Jimmy. 

Jimmy: Oh yeaaaahhhhhh

Him grinning when Grant Williams started talking trash was glorious, too. 

It's lookin' like a Nuggets/Heat Finals and everyone deserves it. So stoked.

• Like 1

I don’t want to jinx anything but Denver/Miami would be basketball nerd nirvana. National Treasure Jimmy Butler trying to get a ring and casuals finally recognizing Jokic is so uniquely and singularly and historically great, along with Jamal Murray possibly doing something like dropping 28 points in the final five minutes of a game

The only guy I want to get a ring more than those two is Dame. Weird NBA playoffs is the best NBA playoffs. 

• Like 2

I hate saying this being a WV guy but Joe Mazulla is getting outcoached terribly in the 2nd half.  He is a rookie coach so it should be expected but he has absolutely no adjustments.  And while chances were extremely slim not using a TO in the last 11 sec was a complete give up move

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

I hate saying this being a WV guy but Joe Mazulla is getting outcoached terribly in the 2nd half.  He is a rookie coach so it should be expected but he has absolutely no adjustments.  And while chances were extremely slim not using a TO in the last 11 sec was a complete give up move

Him insisting on leaving Horford in down the stretch because "he's finished every game he's played this year" while Al is in a horrible shooting slump and getting abused by Bam is... Perfect, no notes. Keep up the good work Joe.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Greggulator said:

I casuals finally recognizing Jokic is so uniquely and singularly and historically great, 

By "casuals" do you mean ESPN NBA reporter Lisa Salters? 

• Like 2

They just don't have firepower unless people shoot out of their minds, or their opponents melt down, which the Nuggets don't really do. Denver gets points out of everyone basically every night by design.

Edited by Contentious C

Not taking anything away from Miami who are playing great on both ends, but this is becoming something far past embarrassing for Boston. Barring the most absurd comeback just about ever... This is just bad.

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm just wondering how much the Celtics will be favored by for Game 4. 

Miami bout to be up 3-0 and still honestly able to beat the "nobody believes in us" drum.

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Miami bout to be up 3-0 and still honestly able to beat the "nobody believes in us" drum.

The Nuggets are the top seed and they can use it too. They probably have a cardboard cutout of Kendrick Perkins ala Major League.

"I just didn't have them ready to play," Mazzulla said. "I have to get them in a better place to be ready to play, and that's on me."

AKA, "yeah, this dude is getting fired".

• Like 1