DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Ja's x-ray was negative, so hopefully he'll be good to go.

Yeah, it’d be a shame if that two days of drive-thru therapy went to waste.

i’m rooting for the Lakers.  I don’t buy that they can win the Western Conference, but it’s one of the more interesting storylines out there.

Yeah that Mil-Miami game was brutal for injuries.

36 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Yeah, it’d be a shame if that two days of drive-thru therapy went to waste.

i’m rooting for the Lakers.  I don’t buy that they can win the Western Conference, but it’s one of the more interesting storylines out there.

I would prefer players in general stay healthy and whoever plays better wins. Unless it's Boston, they can lose by any means necessary.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Westbrook has shot like shit but done everything else well tonight.

Was coming here to say the same thing.  He shot the ball like a Suns sleeper agent, but played solid otherwise and came up big down the stretch.  That block->snatch-> throw off the other guy’s leg in the last minute was an outstanding play.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 3:17 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Ja's x-ray was negative, so hopefully he'll be good to go.

Seeing lots of people suggest that the NBA make it illegal for help defenders to take charges. Dunno if that's a great suggestion or not but it's definitely not great when you've defenders basically trying to sneak in to get run over. Especially when a Giannis gets hurt on a play that (rightly) wasn't even called a charge. 

Jaren Jackson Jr is DPOY

Easily the best defender in the league when he's on the court, I think the only argument against him would be he still gets way too many fouls that keep him on the bench.

Brook Lopez is second. He was great this year on defense (and also played 15 more games and nearly 600 more minutes than JJJ)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Are there hedges in Philly? Because Harden and his beard just vanished into the shrubbery tonight. That bodes well.

On the other hand, Philly won fairly easily with Harden not being able to hit a shot and Embiid having a well below average performance as well.

It's scary how good Fox is and yet the team doesn't play worse with him on the bench.  They just keep running.

Plus last year, people never shut the fuck up about the GSW third quarters being the difference makers throughout tough games. SAC has erased or extended a lead in both Q3s thus far, out-Warrioring the Warriors.

Edited by Contentious C

Just now, Contentious C said:

Green is such a fucking chucklehead.  If I never have to see his bullshit in a game again, it'll be too soon. "Oh, if he were on your team, you'd like his antics"...nope.  Fuck that.

I don't condone him stomping a hole in Sabonis... But Sabonis needs some situational awareness there and know that something painful is going to happen if you grab and hold onto the leg of the game's premiere cheap shot artist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't condone him stomping a hole in Sabonis... But Sabonis needs some situational awareness there and know that something painful is going to happen if you grab and hold onto the leg of the game's premiere cheap shot artist.

In all honesty, Draymond barely had time to load the boot.